Patch Notes Update April Update - Patch Notes

So, any word from FD about fixing the FSS?
Last week I think they acknowledged the FSS bugs. But I could be wrong. This week they are in the usual 'Sit It Out' mode. And - AFAIK - Page Harvey is on vacation or at least absent this week.
The FSS fix would be important for me, but there is a boatload of other serious problems, which hinder gameplay. Just look at the issue tracker, there ar lots of duplicates (10 reports for the same problem), which makes it hard to read. Also it is not cleaned up, since some bug reports are clearly issues for support, and not bugs. Nobody seems to read other reports before opening a new report. Acknowledgement of bug reports from the side of FDev is also missing now, on the old bug forums this still existed.
The Issue Tracker seems be sort of a Black Hole where you stuff in reports never to be seen again. Or maybe in billions of years when the Black Hole decays (Hawking) :p
An Issue Tracker - and I have seen my share - is not a write only memory, where you may input things of relevance or not, with no reaction. But the Issue Tracker is not maintained, nothing is confirmed by the owners of the bug (not us players), nothing is rejected, edited, duplicates are not marked or joined, and so on. I am not sure if it makes any sense to input things there. I still do, as good as I can, but I have not much hope for this thing. It seems to be there only to 'pacify the masses' - us.

So - bug fixes will come, I expect, but in no way timely and certainly not complete. And since the FSS is a major element of the game, even for non explorers who need it to hunt for USS, the game is severely blocked now. One can use the FSS, but it is annoying, especially if you used it often before the update, where it worked flawlessly. And a crashing game, when you kill skimmers, or a game which hangs on logout so that you have to kill it with the task manager are bugs too. It is uncomfortable to play now which is a pity, since in my impression the developers truly tried to give us nice things in very limited time...

Last week I think they acknowledged the FSS bugs. But I could be wrong. This week they are in the usual 'Sit It Out' mode. And - AFAIK - Page Harvey is on vacation or at least absent this week.
The FSS fix would be important for me, but there is a boatload of other serious problems, which hinder gameplay. Just look at the issue tracker, there ar lots of duplicates (10 reports for the same problem), which makes it hard to read. Also it is not cleaned up, since some bug reports are clearly issues for support, and not bugs. Nobody seems to read other reports before opening a new report. Acknowledgement of bug reports from the side of FDev is also missing now, on the old bug forums this still existed.
The Issue Tracker seems be sort of a Black Hole where you stuff in reports never to be seen again. Or maybe in billions of years when the Black Hole decays (Hawking) :p
An Issue Tracker - and I have seen my share - is not a write only memory, where you may input things of relevance or not, with no reaction. But the Issue Tracker is not maintained, nothing is confirmed by the owners of the bug (not us players), nothing is rejected, edited, duplicates are not marked or joined, and so on. I am not sure if it makes any sense to input things there. I still do, as good as I can, but I have not much hope for this thing. It seems to be there only to 'pacify the masses' - us.

So - bug fixes will come, I expect, but in no way timely and certainly not complete. And since the FSS is a major element of the game, even for non explorers who need it to hunt for USS, the game is severely blocked now. One can use the FSS, but it is annoying, especially if you used it often before the update, where it worked flawlessly. And a crashing game, when you kill skimmers, or a game which hangs on logout so that you have to kill it with the task manager are bugs too. It is uncomfortable to play now which is a pity, since in my impression the developers truly tried to give us nice things in very limited time...

Well, developers are giving us things in a limited time. Let's be honest, none of us expected so many bugs fixed in a single patch, as was the latest one. The list was quite long for a single, week long patch. Sure, they did break new things (fss), but still, it's better than before, overall.

As yourself, I too have the same problem with new issue tracker, but maybe it's easier for developers. We don't know.
I remember the old bug report, there were many moderators there. They were friendly, thanked and asked for followups. But eventually, the speed of bug fixes wasn't good. Just because moderator said "well done, thanks, we'll be looking at it!", didn't mean it would be fixed anytime soon. And miles long debug logs sent to them didn't seem to speed it up either.

With the FSS going in to a crazy tail spin towards an unknown and never reached point within the hazy blue of my FSS in-game panel I've had to leave Cmdr Lig Lury Jr sitting in deep space some 700lys from Beagle Point. I'm a little concerned about his mental health out there and the fact we ran out of teabags going through Masefield's Ocean won't be helping. I felt bad leaving him there and teleporting back to the Bubble to resume life with Cmdr Rock Hunter but things are so much more simple when you can drop in on a Nav Beacon to find stuff.

Hopefully we'll get this sorted out before we hit page 80 and poor old Lig can make his way back to civilization whilst continuing his important cartographic work ( a few AWs, one ELW and a tonne of WWs from the whole DW2 trip constitutes important...right?) Besides that, he's got that nice new DW2 decal to fit:giggle:

I'd really appreciate a better communication by FD. We are on page 73 now.

FD...this is (n)
Hm - do you have another browser configuration? I use Firefox - and if I select/filter for 'Elite' and 'Confirming', there are 156 pages now! Each page has 10 entries in this format. How do you see only 73 pages? How many errors per page in your view? I have 10 errors per page. This means 1560 entries, in this view.

im having a repetitive crash problem when trying to navigate back to the main menu, every time i do it, if i'm in my ship or SRV, even disconnects cause it, the game just crashes with what looks like a weird texture on part of the screen... very frustrating!

Hm - do you have another browser configuration? I use Firefox - and if I select/filter for 'Elite' and 'Confirming', there are 156 pages now! Each page has 10 entries in this format. How do you see only 73 pages? How many errors per page in your view? I have 10 errors per page. This means 1560 entries, in this view.

I also get 73 pages, page 72 contained 20 entries only 8 others so far on page 73.

73 for me. More than enough to fix this problem immediately! Hello, FD.....wake up!

Sounds like cross-purposes. You're describing the Issue Tracker. The 73 pages is this forum thread.

Top Bottom