Patch Notes Update April Update - Patch Notes

Sounds like cross-purposes. You're describing the Issue Tracker. The 73 pages is this forum thread.
Ahhh - then it is clear. The Issue Trackers pages are growing fast too. Yesterday it were only 145 pages or so. But to be fair, not all entries there are really bugs, and there are a lot of duplicates. If somebody from the staff would work on this, marking duplicates and rejecting things that are not bugs I think there would be only half as much entries.

So Im in System X, Status says my faction has a war goin in system X against faction X, i check mission board and it only shows massacre faction Y mission in system Y! faction X has missions against us in system X! i flew to system Y to see we have CZs against faction Y but our faction status shows no WAR goin ! In System X CZs are not our factions! what is goin on with this game????
i need help! to finally quit this broken af game.

Last edited:
Ahhh - then it is clear. The Issue Trackers pages are growing fast too. Yesterday it were only 145 pages or so. But to be fair, not all entries there are really bugs, and there are a lot of duplicates. If somebody from the staff would work on this, marking duplicates and rejecting things that are not bugs I think there would be only half as much entries.
Annoyingly, while it was possible for admins to merge bug report threads on the old forum system, there doesn't appear to be a similar facility on the Issue Tracker. Or if there is, nobody is using it. It seems to rely on people finding reports and adding User Contributions rather than creating new entries. But as per discussions elsewhere, the search facility really isn't up to the job.

In combination with a lack of feedback from FD as to what their immediate patching plans are, the result is a host of duplicated reports. I'd be curious to know how many of the things that were already fixed in Patch 1 were being reported multiple times on the Tracker right up until the moment where the Patch Notes were released.

Ideally there should be a "fixed in next patch" category on the Tracker in addition to "acknowledged", but historically this is not the sort of information FD have been keen on providing very often, preferring to surprise us. And to be fair, when they do pre-announce that something's been fixed but the fix turns out not to be 100%, they often receive a drubbing that's stronger than if they'd dropped it in unannounced. "You promised!" etc. Damned if they do...

They do need to sort that Tracker out though. Many posters predicted there would be problems with duplication, but if anything I think they're worse than the predictions. The search facility does not make it easy to find anything but the most generic matches, and returning the user to Page 1 of hundreds when exiting a report discourages manual deep dives into the data.

If the search facility can't be upgraded, maybe something that automatically mirrors the reports, read-only, onto a subforum might be the answer? At least they would be indexed and searchable.

FD acknowledged the issue with FSS on yesterday stream. Acknowledged mind You, not said when They are fixing it.
The stream has very poor like / dislike ratio. At certain point it was 50-50. The game is bugged in many areas but i think we all can agree that one of the more infuriating aspects is the lack of communication.

They do need to sort that Tracker out though. Many posters predicted there would be problems with duplication
Maybe it's up to users to post tracker issues on Issues Tracker. I'm having a feeling that no one is doing any testing on the FD side. The state at which April update released was hardly acceptable.

Maybe it's up to users to post tracker issues on Issues Tracker.
The very first question when you hit Submit Report is which game you're having problems with. There's a choice of three. None of them is the Tracker. ;)

At least the forum had a forum for reporting problems with the forum.

In the meantime there is this thread which to be fair has attracted a number of FD staff posts, but mostly correcting misconceptions with how the Tracker works. I'm certainly not getting any indication that there are any immediate improvements in the pipeline as a result of things posted there, but as I said elsewhere FD do love dropping surprises on us in terms of game fixes and updates so maybe they have a similar policy for other services. But depending on which way the wind's blowing, they're also not averse to giving the appearance of doing naff all for months on end while problems sit unresolved. The difficulty is in not knowing which of the two is currently in vogue.

I came across the FSS bug for the first time yesterday. As an explorer, it's game breaking, so I'm going to play something else until an effective fix is confirmed.
What I'd like to know is that, as far as I know, the last update didn't include any FSS changes. So, how can such serious bugs be introduced in to an area of the game that should have remained untouched?
Really poor show FD.(n)

EDIT: Seems I'm behind the curve a bit, as usual. Hopefully patch2 will fix the FSS next week and I can get back to my Phantom.

Last edited:
What I'd like to know is that, as far as I know, the last update didn't include any FSS changes. So, how can such serious bugs be introduced in to an area of the game that should have remained untouched?
Being an old fart and coming from an era when code was one monolithic block, this is one of those things that took me a long time to accept. But it seems to be a consequence -- arguably an inevitable consequence -- of the way modern software is developed, with code branches being independently developed by different teams and then recombined into the trunk. Sometimes things get out of whack.

I first stated seeing this with Apple software over a decade ago; bug in iTunes and later in iOS would be fixed, only to resurface one or two revisions later. Sometimes these were functionally similar bugs introduced by new code, but in many cases the fixes and workarounds were so identical to the earlier problems that it was clear the exact same code was at play. The FSS barycentre bug seems to fit this pattern; it was there in beta, gone in the final release, returned with the first patch.

It's sort of obvious, when you realise that new features might have been in development for a long time on older forks of the code, that when they're rolled back into the main project it's possible for previously fixed bugs to roll back in with them. In theory good project management should prevent this, but in practice these are huge projects and it doesn't surprise me that it sometimes goes awry.

It's also possible for extant bugs to have their combination of triggers removed by seemingly unrelated fixes elsewhere (hence the "we can't reproduce this in our build" problem) only for another change further down the line to reintroduce a triggering combination. But these are rarer. Much more likely it's the result of a problem with forking and recombination. The good news is that it's normally much easier to find and eliminate these than it would be for a new bug.

Being an old fart and coming from an era when code was one monolithic block, this is one of those things that took me a long time to accept. But it seems to be a consequence -- arguably an inevitable consequence -- of the way modern software is developed, with code branches being independently developed by different teams and then recombined into the trunk. Sometimes things get out of whack.

I first stated seeing this with Apple software over a decade ago; bug in iTunes and later in iOS would be fixed, only to resurface one or two revisions later. Sometimes these were functionally similar bugs introduced by new code, but in many cases the fixes and workarounds were so identical to the earlier problems that it was clear the exact same code was at play. The FSS barycentre bug seems to fit this pattern; it was there in beta, gone in the final release, returned with the first patch.

It's sort of obvious, when you realise that new features might have been in development for a long time on older forks of the code, that when they're rolled back into the main project it's possible for previously fixed bugs to roll back in with them. In theory good project management should prevent this, but in practice these are huge projects and it doesn't surprise me that it sometimes goes awry.

It's also possible for extant bugs to have their combination of triggers removed by seemingly unrelated fixes elsewhere (hence the "we can't reproduce this in our build" problem) only for another change further down the line to reintroduce a triggering combination. But these are rarer. Much more likely it's the result of a problem with forking and recombination. The good news is that it's normally much easier to find and eliminate these than it would be for a new bug.
That's a great reply. Thanks.
I used to write scientific data processing apps back when computers were powered by steam and rubber bands. In those days it was just me, a 286 and a few thousand lines of Turbo Pascal. Simpler times...

At first I didn't think the Supercruise Assist would work for me. Now I use it a lot so I can play with my dog between docks! Thanks!

Hola, alguien me puede ayudar?
Como hago todo los año, formatea mi computadora, y vuelve a instalarlo cuando presionas el boto de jugar no ocurre nada
alguien sabe que pasa?

Hola, alguien me puede ayudar?
Como hago todo los año, formatea mi computadora, y vuelve a instalarlo cuando presionas el boto de jugar no ocurre nada
alguien sabe que pasa?
I don't speak Spanish buddy, but I know a few people who had a similar problem. This problem is often the result of antivirus software blocking parts of Elite Dangerous from starting. Please white-list both the game and crash reporter in any antivirus application you are running or try running the game with your antivirus temporally disabled. If that doesn't work, try resetting Steam options if you're on Steam. Try launching the game without the launcher (directly from the main folder).

No hablo español, pero conozco a algunas personas que tuvieron un problema similar. Este problema suele ser el resultado de un software antivirus que impide que se inicien partes de Elite Dangerous. Incluya en la lista blanca tanto el juego como el informe de errores en cualquier aplicación antivirus que esté ejecutando o intente ejecutar el juego con su antivirus desactivado temporalmente. Si eso no funciona, intenta restablecer las opciones de Steam si estás en Steam. Intenta iniciar el juego sin el lanzador (directamente desde la carpeta principal).

Also look for the Quarantine of your antivirus. Try to mark the elite executable as a trusted file. Depends on what security suite you use but IF this is the problem, your software or is forums should help you. Try also frontier forums or try to open a ticket for help from the devs.

Top Bottom