Arctic Fox...worst case scenario just happened

I want maned wolf! And I would like red fox in a Europe dlc.

But the arctic fox over all the animals I just listed...I don't know, I really hate that inclusion over Elk, and Wolverine etc...

Maybe there is still hope for those animals, i wanted a Musk Ox so bad, and even if one side of me think that this was the last chance to see it added to the game, never say never.
I will not blame the Fox to take its spot in the pack tho.

Maybe there is still hope for those animals, i wanted a Musk Ox so bad, and even if one side of me think that this was the last chance to see it added to the game, never say never.
I will not blame the Fox to take its spot in the pack tho.
If they move onto biome packs then there's always the possibility of a "tundra pack" somewhere (I wouldn't bet on it, since the Arctic Pack was almost just that, but still).

I'm just grateful we're getting an arctic fox after all. Though I am surprised it came here and not in the Arctic DLC.

After all, why add a wolf subspecies when we already have the wolf (species, encompassing all subspecies) in the base game?

Almost two years later and it still doesn't make any sense at all. The arctic wolf should never have been chosen over for instance the arctic fox.

My only criticism of the arctic fox is that its not this guy. Other then that its a great choice. Would have rather chucked either the shoe or the overgrown kitten, but i understand why they were important and good inclusions.

1632570278252.png

I've been seeing posts of people preferring arctic fox over moose, alligator and cougars...in hindsight I guess I'm just happy the community had no say in making this pack.

Because it would have literally been a worst case scenario then. PZ might screw up, but their choices are unfortunately still better than some of what I've been reading.

It's interesting to me, that when the community in general has lamented not getting an arctic fox in the arctic pack, and now we finally get an arctic fox, there's still grumbling about it. Everyone's entitled to their opinions of course, but I think Frontier made a good move putting the arctic fox in the pack. Would I have preferred the wolverine, sure. But I'm also happy we've filled out the arctic fauna with a highly requested missing species.

I've been seeing posts of people preferring arctic fox over moose, alligator and cougars...in hindsight I guess I'm just happy the community had no say in making this pack.

Because it would have literally been a worst case scenario then. PZ might screw up, but their choices are unfortunately still better than some of what I've been reading.
It sounds like your worst case scenario is just people having different preferences from yourself.

The more I think about the Arctic Fox, the more mad I get. Just seems like a shrunk down Arctic Wolf over something novel or more requested.

I'm glad people like the "shrunk down arctic wolf" 🤣

I did not. I would have prefered loads of other animals, with unique animal models...but apparently the community doesn't want that. They want shrunken wolf clones.

I imagine most people want other bad inclusions such as domesticated animals, whales and another wolf (maybe even two or three more wolf species) 🐺

It comes across as a lack of knowledge about animal species in my opinion. I think that's why people hated Southeast Asia so much, they didn't know any of the species 🙄

I'm glad people like the "shrunk down arctic wolf" 🤣

I did not. I would have prefered loads of other animals, with unique animal models...but apparently the community doesn't want that. They want shrunken wolf clones.

I imagine most people want other bad inclusions such as domesticated animals, whales and another wolf (maybe even two or three more wolf species) 🐺

It comes across as a lack of knowledge about animal species in my opinion. I think that's why people hated Southeast Asia so much, they didn't know any of the species 🙄
Shrunken wolf?? Its no more shrunken wolf than the gator is a big caiman or the moose is a big caribou. Lol
We needed more cold climate species and more small carnivores, this one was a good pick

I thought there was a clone included in every pack. Polar bear (arctic), cassowary or dingo (australia), tapir (se asia), rhino (africa).

If the arctic fox (canid) is not a shrunk down version/clone of the arctic wolf (also a canid)...then which animal in this pack is the obligate clone??? The Alligator? Maybe they both are clones and are using the saltwater crocodile model and fennec fox models...

Either way it definately looks/seems like a clone. And if you are happy with these clones who am I to force my opinion on you 👍

Last edited:
I thought there was a clone included in every pack. Polar bear (arctic), cassowary or dingo (australia), tapir (se asia), rhino (africa).

If the arctic fox (canid) is not a shrunk down version/clone of the arctic wolf (also a canid)...then which animal in this pack is the obligate clone??? The Alligator? Maybe they both are clones and are using the saltwater crocodile model and fennec fox models...

Either way it definately looks/seems like a clone. And if you are happy with these clones who am I to force my opinion on you 👍
Same family doesn’t = Clone. A clone would be something like the tapir situation. None of these animals have suffered because of the model they (maybe) were based off. They all look like the animals they are supposed to be, in my opinion.

Top Bottom