Arctic Fox...worst case scenario just happened

As I already mentioned in another Thread the Malaysian tapir was an impudence. I really love these guys and they have deserved to get more accuracy.
In contrast to the himalayan brown bear and the Grizzly for example the two tapirs in the game are different species. In fact the Malaysian tapir split from the other tapir species more than 20 Million years ago. It is far more away than all human apes or the members of the panthera family.

There's nothing wrong with reusing rigs if it's accurate to the animal. The problem with the Tapir, for example, was that the model was not accurate
Agreed! I apologize if I seem argumentative, I wasn't trying to say every new animal is going to be awful just because of reused rigs or models, personally I love the look of everything revealed so far. I was trying to make a point to OP because of how needlessly rude they were being. I absolutely agree with you. :)

Wild cats and foxes are my favorite animals. I am very happy with the fennec and arctic foxes. I never expected to see the arctic fox make an appearance, given that it was not included in the arctic pack. Red foxes are amongst the most popular, iconic and well-known animals. So I would definitely support the addition of that animal as well.

I'm thrilled to have the arctic fox! Best case scenario for me!

Coyote would have been my second choice. ♥ Coyotes are in my top ten atm!

The arctic foxes weren't on my short list for a north America pack, and I would have preferred black-footed ferrets over prairie dogs and peccary over beaver. I was hoping for more southwestern desert animals, since the game has so many cool north American desert flora and so few chances to build habitats with them in. But I've had some fun making an arctic fox house and a beaver town, so I'm not going to complain.

My ideal north America pack would have included peccarys/javelina, sea otter, white-nosed coati* or ringtail, and nine-banded armadillo as well as moose and sea lion, but I know folks from outside my own area in the western US are going to have different animals they'd prefer to see.

Maybe we can still see white nosed coati and nine-banded armadillo in a second south/and or central American pack.

One thing I am puzzled about in game is that they have blue versus white "morphs" of arctic foxes. It is my understanding that they change coat between winter and summer seasons rather than being genetic variants. I guess that would be hard to do in a game where the seasons seem to change randomly and only last for a few minutes at a time. The animals would be constantly changing color unless you put them indoors and keep the light constant.

Last edited:
Top Bottom