Notice ARX and Frontier Points Conversion

But you still have to buy 5000 Arx to get a 50 arx decal.

Not from me. A fool and his money are soon parted, and I'm not a fool.

I presume someone's already responded to this by now, but just in case I'm wrong...

You'd be able to EARN your 50 ARX for a decal IN-GAME, by performing some regular actions - trading/hauling, destroying (wanted) ships, missions..

If there's a weekly cap of 400 ARX, it might be logical to guesstimate that 50 ARX ought to be reasonably earn-able within 1-2 days' play sessions (presuming maybe couple hours each, but maybe not even that long).

You'd not have to be any kind of "fool" as you'd "part with" no money (beyond what you've already paid for the game). :)

Your missing the point. I'm discussing the purchasing method. Earning them in game is another matter.

Ok, so @StuartGT had already replied to you about the 50Arx.

Re "the purchasing method", consider that there's no real point for having much smaller "bundles" as most on-going / continuous players would more than likely earn the 400 weekly cap anyway, thru regular basic play (eg 1hr/day, I'd assume is reasonable) and probably all month, so 1600Arx/mo "easy".

Granted, that takes Time... (and 5,000Arx would be.. over 3mo?)

But any reasonable person would understand that "Convenience Costs" -- purchasable pre-determined "packs" of ARX are offered as a convenience, for those who'd be content to spend a few dollars / quid (etc), or more, in order to pick up certain items "now", rather than having to put extra time into the game to "earn" the ARX.

Also, as Stuart rightly pointed out, you're not forced to buy any - they are 100% optional.

Plus, being only for "cosmetic" items, is no kind of pay-wall. (Just sayin; ie no game-impacting gain/advantage from buying, & no loss/handicap from not buying Arx.)

Finally, the bonus extra ARX received, for buying larger packs, are increasingly significant; also logical and, even, fair.

So I fail, therefore, to see what point - if any, to be fair - you tried to make re "the purchasing method".
o_O

..and I actually took a lil time to try to come up w "reasonable reasons" anyone might have any real beef with the ARX system's "purchasing method"...

Happy to be enlightened, if you'd care to share your reasoning..? :)

Earning ARX is a canny move by FDev, gives me a reason to be in game until the next update and I was a bit short for the stringlights so bought a few more to get them, never would have bothered before.

Earning ARX is a canny move by FDev, gives me a reason to be in game until the next update and I was a bit short for the stringlights so bought a few more to get them, never would have bothered before.
I find that very interesting..
If only because, if you were only "a bit short", why did you Buy instead of Play-Earn..? πŸ€”

Maybe it's just me.. πŸ˜‚

I find that very interesting..
If only because, if you were only "a bit short", why did you Buy instead of Play-Earn..? πŸ€”

Maybe it's just me.. πŸ˜‚
Clarifying:
"bought a few more" - min (& worst-value, comparatively) purchase is 5,000 Arx...

String lights are 6,570 Arx.

Presuming, for example, "a bit short" is 500 or less.
A bit over 1 week's playtime? πŸ€·πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ

Curious, then, just how short were you? 😁

Thanks to free ARXes I was able to put an end to the Underwear disaster.

I bought myself an outfit last week

Agreed - I know that FDev has taken some heat for ARX, but the simple fact is that they are rewarding players for playing their game with things you previously had to pay real money for. This seems, well, pretty good? Something for nothing and your kicks for free, as Dire Straits so very nearly said. <shrugs>

Agreed - I know that FDev has taken some heat for ARX, but the simple fact is that they are rewarding players for playing their game with things you previously had to pay real money for. This seems, well, pretty good? Something for nothing and your kicks for free, as Dire Straits so very nearly said. <shrugs>
Dire Straits... πŸ˜πŸ‘πŸΌ

("Frontier Arx for nothin' and your (ship) kits for free..") 😜

I couldn't figure out a real difference :rolleyes:, so I just picked one :cool:
Re "a real difference":

Approx half the outfit sets are "semi-scruffy" and have ripped-looking sleeve-cuffs. πŸ€”

Some sets have "calf" boots, and some have "full length" (ie up to just below the knee) boots. 😎

Most are colour-coordinated top-to-bottom (as would be sensible), but not all coordinate well with the various RemLok compression flightsuit colours (what you call "Underwear", πŸ˜œπŸ‘πŸΌ which - given the "outfit" options - is sensible enough), esp at the neck/chest where this would be most noticeable, esp. in Content Creator videos. (That is, outside of your own interior cam views during play.)
Next would be flightsuit gloves vs outfit sleeve-cuffs colours.. πŸ€·πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ

I do note, however, that Outfit tops can be worn without sleeves (i.e. In a 'vest' style), allowing (flightsuit) sleeves' colour(s) to also be seen (as well as shoulder-badge Elite Ranking). πŸ˜ŽπŸ‘πŸΌ

I do not share personal pictures ;)

That's OK, I'd not ask for one.

Which outfit set did you pick/buy, in the end? 😊
(Just its name will do, no pix needed! So nobody gets unnecessarily "embarrassed" or anything if they play with an avatar which is opposite of their biologically-assigned gender*.. I have 1 F & 1 M account.. No big deal. πŸ€·πŸ»β€β™€οΈπŸ€·πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ)

Disclaimer:
This does not invite debate on the topic of "gender binary"/identity issues, so nobody go there, please.
Avatars and clothing items are created & offered inclusively on the majority-accepted basis of "classic" 2-gender (body-shape) identity: Female & Male styles, both within every individual pack offered, satisfying the FDev intention: "Play It Your Way".
Last 3rd.of the page, under "The Game", next sub-heading after "Multiplayer".

Last edited:
elite arx calculations.png

Here are arx to real world value for everything in the store based on current prices.
I will try make one for $ and € but no promisis there :)

Top Bottom