Notice ARX FAQ

Hi :)

I've just been looking at some of the ARX reductions on ships paint jobs and ship kits etc. that's just recently appeared in the livery / shop menu. Can anybody from Frontier tell me for how long these reductions will be available?...thank you. :)

Jack :)

Stephen Benedetti

Community Manager
Frontier
Hi :)

I've just been looking at some of the ARX reductions on ships paint jobs and ship kits etc. that's just recently appeared in the livery / shop menu. Can anybody from Frontier tell me for how long these reductions will be available?...thank you. :)

Jack :)
Hey @Jumpin' Jack Flash,

The sale will end on Monday 9 March!

OKAY - replies are TLDR but I did read the FAQ and something is missing.

I notice that I get 15 ARX for an EXPLORATION session: Does the amount of ARX earned vary by:

a) Session duration e.g. 4 hours is twice the ARX of 2 hours, and/or
b) By Session type, i.e. Exploration = 5 points per hour, Combat = 7 points per hour etc.?

Soz if this is old news.

:sneaky:

OKAY - replies are TLDR but I did read the FAQ and something is missing.

I notice that I get 15 ARX for an EXPLORATION session: Does the amount of ARX earned vary by:

a) Session duration e.g. 4 hours is twice the ARX of 2 hours, and/or
b) By Session type, i.e. Exploration = 5 points per hour, Combat = 7 points per hour etc.?

Soz if this is old news.

:sneaky:
Its about activities performed. Its not time based. The game doesn't know if you plan to do exploration or combat, but it knows if you scan a system or kill a ship.

Its about activities performed. Its not time based.
Gotcha

The game doesn't know if you plan to do exploration or combat, but it knows if you scan a system or kill a ship.
So, then my second question still stands, but in a slightly modified form. I assume that the system can tell if you shoot ships, mine things, or scan planets: so do each of these activities have different reward values, and if so dependent upon what criteria? E.g. killing 1 ship = 1 ARX, killing 50 = 50 ARX: Mining 1 asteroid = 1 ARX, mining 10 = 10 ARX (or could even be increasing value because god knows its tedious sometimes e.g. 10 asteroids = 15 ARX etc.)

An odd thing i noticed during my last night splay session: Previously i have been exploring, honking, scanning planets for geological features, popping down for a bit of a snoop about, and occasionally picking up the odd CODEX entry right? 15 ARX

Last night, i decided to forgo the planetary scanning for everything expect ELW, AW, WW and try and make some distance towards my next goal, less scanning but more distance. 33 ARX

I wonder what the variables are for ARX earning potential? Would be nice to know; however, I assume FDEV are keeping tight lipped because some wag will eventually figure out how to rort the system and make a youtube video all about it for $400 mill per hour yadda yadda yadda.

There is one fast way to make arx. And it's the one you would think and it cost in game money to do and supports one particular activity they probably are trying to get people to do. Which will probably be nerfed despite the fact it appears intentional they are trying to leave high to get participation.

Engineering one's ships also gains large amounts of Arx :)
Exploration used to be about 30 mill handed in in data would max out, but needs a bit more (I'll find out soon).
Combat in Res / CZ's is pretty good.
PvP / having your ship destroyed can be very lucrative too, lose 40 sideys a week to max out (allegedly)

Gotcha

So, then my second question still stands, but in a slightly modified form. I assume that the system can tell if you shoot ships, mine things, or scan planets: so do each of these activities have different reward values, and if so dependent upon what criteria? E.g. killing 1 ship = 1 ARX, killing 50 = 50 ARX: Mining 1 asteroid = 1 ARX, mining 10 = 10 ARX (or could even be increasing value because god knows its tedious sometimes e.g. 10 asteroids = 15 ARX etc.)

An odd thing i noticed during my last night splay session: Previously i have been exploring, honking, scanning planets for geological features, popping down for a bit of a snoop about, and occasionally picking up the odd CODEX entry right? 15 ARX

Last night, i decided to forgo the planetary scanning for everything expect ELW, AW, WW and try and make some distance towards my next goal, less scanning but more distance. 33 ARX

I wonder what the variables are for ARX earning potential? Would be nice to know; however, I assume FDEV are keeping tight lipped because some wag will eventually figure out how to rort the system and make a youtube video all about it for $400 mill per hour yadda yadda yadda.
Heh, quite possible. No ideas about exact numbers for exact activities.

Exploration used to be about 30 mill handed in in data would max out, but needs a bit more (I'll find out soon).
Been wondering about this. Out exploring but should be handing in data within the a week or two.

So, if it maxes out at whatever million, does this mean it encourages you to hand in a max amount of data, then not hand any more in for a week until the cap resets?

Because if so, that has to be one of the stupidest decisions I've seen from FD. It probably means that when i get to the station, i'm going to hand in a load of data, then not play for a week until the cap resets... and i'm not sure how much data i've got in relation to that cap. If its a lot, i might not be playing for weeks if i want to get max ARX value for my data.

Been wondering about this. Out exploring but should be handing in data within the a week or two.

So, if it maxes out at whatever million, does this mean it encourages you to hand in a max amount of data, then not hand any more in for a week until the cap resets?

Because if so, that has to be one of the stupidest decisions I've seen from FD. It probably means that when i get to the station, i'm going to hand in a load of data, then not play for a week until the cap resets... and i'm not sure how much data i've got in relation to that cap. If its a lot, i might not be playing for weeks if i want to get max ARX value for my data.
Up until the last round of "Balancing" Arx earning, exploration earned very few arx, better if you SRV'd a bit and flew out to map lots, but at around 30 mill data you could go from 0 to hero...

Now more Arx are earned while exploring, but less given for data, so I think around 50 mill is needed now. If I'm away on a jaunt, I usually plan to return Weds...

Edit: It doesn't advise you of the amount needed, so you could sell your 540 mill in one fell swoop and max out - I just did a little experimenting with the figures initially, and again after the change.

Last edited:
Up until the last round of "Balancing" Arx earning, exploration earned very few arx, better if you SRV'd a bit and flew out to map lots, but at around 30 mill data you could go from 0 to hero...

Now more Arx are earned while exploring, but less given for data, so I think around 50 mill is needed now. If I'm away on a jaunt, I usually plan to return Weds...

Edit: It doesn't advise you of the amount needed, so you could sell your 540 mill in one fell swoop and max out - I just did a little experimenting with the figures initially, and again after the change.
I'll sell in batches and exit to the main menu to check progress as i sell.

This could be quite frustrating though.

I'll sell in batches and exit to the main menu to check progress as i sell.

This could be quite frustrating though.
I agree, but I just looked at it that 800 Arx for explo is better than 400... Hanging on to data where my main hangs out isn't a wise move, but as free Arx are just a sweetener it may be 'better' looking at 800 and freedom to carry on rather than maximising them, unless you have an alt to play with for a week or 3 :)

I find it interesting the lengths people will go to while trying to maximize ARX.

The 400/week cap comes to less than 25 cents.

Why bother trying to maximize it? It doesn't seem worth worrying about.

I find it interesting the lengths people will go to while trying to maximize ARX.

The 400/week cap comes to less than 25 cents.

Why bother trying to maximize it? It doesn't seem worth worrying about.
If a player is buying ARX packs it does seem a bit pointless I agree. But for those that don't earning the free stuff is just another progress box to tick.

I easily earn the 400 free ARX every week (usually by the end of a Friday session at the latest) but I still note that I have it. I'm currently saving up for the FDL wireframe bobblehead :)

Top Bottom