ANNOUNCEMENT ARX FAQ

I never said I wasn't bothered about Arx.
If you introduce a new currency to the game there should be proper notes on how it works.
It should be tested with accurate data.

If you know what the intention is then you can assertain if it's working correctly.
The problem here is Fdev don't want the players to be informed, information flow is at a minimum level.

This company HAD excellent communications with the players, beta testing, patch notes etc, now it's a joke.
A simple chart to show how Arx works would show if the system is actually working. Do you think it is working as designed?
If they screwed it up how would we know and let's face it they screwed up big time on this patch.

Transparency allows better testing and understanding.

What we currently have is just bad all round.
We are talking about FREE Arx. Why is it important HOW you get gitfed? Do you ask your relatives how much the birthday-present had cost? And where they did bought it?

Last edited:
I will say this again: if Arx was equivalent to money it would be illegal for Frontier to trade in it. You need licenses and certifications before you can keep money for people.

We buy Arx that have no monetary value for a variable price. It is store credit, not money. There is no cash equivalent for any number of Arx, because that would be legally and commercially dangerous. (It is useful for Frontier to be able to incentivise the large Arx packs too.)

If you had to close your account, Frontier may decide to gift you money as compensation for losing your Arx but they have no legal requirement to; Arx have no value. It would be a good-will gesture.

sigh. ok lets go ever this one more time everybody: even if its working badly its still giving you free money just to play.
I hope the people at fdev are not fining this whole argument as demoralizing as i do. you people are literally getting free money and all you can do is complain that you not getting more, or not getting it faster, or that its not consistent. it was just f-ing released! Give them a chance to work on it!
If you could convert Arx back to cash it would be free money but you can't can you!

look up the actual definition of the word money then come back. TL DR money and cash are 2 very different things.
OK doofus:

“To act as a store of
value, a money must be able to be reliably saved, stored, and retrieved – and be predictably usable as a medium of exchange when it is retrieved. The value of the money must also remain stable over time. Some have argued that inflation, by reducing the value of money, diminishes the ability of the money to function as a store of value.[4]

Properties

To fulfill its various functions,
money must have certain properties:[27]
  • Fungibility: its individual units must be capable of mutual substitution (i.e., interchangeability).
  • Durability: able to withstand repeated use.
  • Portability: easily carried and transported.
  • Cognizability: its value must be easily identified.
  • Stability of value: its value should not fluctuate.”
tl;dr: Arx is the opposite of money.

Money is any item or verifiable record that is generally accepted as payment for goods and services and repayment of debts, such as taxes, in a particular country or socio-economic context. The main functions of money are distinguished as: a medium of exchange, a unit of account, a store of value and sometimes, a standard of deferred payment. Any item or verifiable record that fulfils these functions can be considered as money.
TL DR money is anything you use to pay for things. therefore ARX = MONEY. so FREE ARX = FREE MONEY.

Might you both agree that Arx may be a money within the ED socio-economic context, but it is no such thing in the wider world since it is not exchangeable for another currency at an agreed and stable rate of exchange. It may not be exchanged for national currency at all.

Arx is not a good, an item that may be purchased or sold for an agreed sum. It cannot be sold.

Arx is, as close as I can reason, a service. It can be purchased, but once we have bought it, we can never sell it.

I can sell you a potato, and I might give you a free potato. You are then able to give the potato to someone else and have the option of selling it to them. A potato is a good.
I can give you a massage, and I might give you a free massage. However, having received the massage, you cannot pass it on to anyone else. A massage is a service.

That massage has a value to you and it requires an expenditure of effort and resources from me.
Similarly, Arx has a value to us and it requires an expenditure of effort and resources from Frontier. They make the paint jobs available to us.

So while Arx may operate as a form of money within the ED socio-economic context (ie in the game client) within the world context it is a service.

I will say this again: if Arx was equivalent to money it would be illegal for Frontier to trade in it. You need licenses and certifications before you can keep money for people.

We buy Arx that have no monetary value for a variable price. It is store credit, not money. There is no cash equivalent for any number of Arx, because that would be legally and commercially dangerous. (It is useful for Frontier to be able to incentivise the large Arx packs too.)

If you had to close your account, Frontier may decide to gift you money as compensation for losing your Arx but they have no legal requirement to; Arx have no value. It would be a good-will gesture.
Interesting.

it's true that Frontier is not a bank and does not offer financial investments.

Might you both agree that Arx may be a money within the ED socio-economic context, but it is no such thing in the wider world since it is not exchangeable for another currency at an agreed and stable rate of exchange. It may not be exchanged for national currency at all.

Arx is not a good, an item that may be purchased or sold for an agreed sum. It cannot be sold.

Arx is, as close as I can reason, a service. It can be purchased, but once we have bought it, we can never sell it.

I can sell you a potato, and I might give you a free potato. You are then able to give the potato to someone else and have the option of selling it to them. A potato is a good.
I can give you a massage, and I might give you a free massage. However, having received the massage, you cannot pass it on to anyone else. A massage is a service.

That massage has a value to you and it requires an expenditure of effort and resources from me.
Similarly, Arx has a value to us and it requires an expenditure of effort and resources from Frontier. They make the paint jobs available to us.

So while Arx may operate as a form of money within the ED socio-economic context (ie in the game client) within the world context it is a service.
Yes I doubt that the global banking system recognizes ARX.

No.... you need PSN+ or gold to play in open or PG but it works fine in solo without. (solo is still online)
Well, that's interesting and weird. Thanks.

Xbox Gold was touted as you needed it for multiplayer. I just equated being online meant multiplayer even if you didn't interact with other players.

But I don't need to use Xbox Gold to play splitscreen or couch co-op, so now it's use just seems semantic.

Well, that's interesting and weird. Thanks.

Xbox Gold was touted as you needed it for multiplayer. I just equated being online meant multiplayer even if you didn't interact with other players.

But I don't need to use Xbox Gold to play splitscreen or couch co-op, so now it's use just seems semantic.
Solo and PG and Open are all in the only model of the galaxy there is basically they just limit the number of players you can potentially meet from none in Solo to whoever is signed up to the same group to anybody at all who is playing on the same platform type as yourself.

Currently all activities other than direct interaction with another player are available in any mode which I think is one of the better aspects of the game, others for various reasons want to eliminate that freedom of choice.

You can earn up to 400 ARX per week. If you do not earn the full amount of ARX in that week, the total amount does not roll over to the following week. You can only ever earn 400 ARX per week.​
What day does the ARX "week" start on? (I've hit the limit. When can I start earning more?)

it really sucks that the Skin page from the Shop is gone missing.. no more bragging or talking about the skins.. no Preview without logging into the game... this is really a bad Decision.

Top Bottom