Notice ARX FAQ

Seems really low, tbh.

Yeah, it's low but I don't think it's reasonable to expect Arx to be a 'free paintjob generator'. Over time you'll pick up enough for a freeby of choice but really you are meant to buy them. Cosmetics have always been extra income to support the game, that hasn't changed so I think Arx are a pretty kewl reminder that cosmetics exist actually.

Hi FD, thank you for adding ARX. It's a nice bonus feature. Previously (most Christmases!) I've treated myself to a trip to your store and spent real cash on game stuff.

Two questions.

1. Why does the ARX total not update during game play or on log-out? When I log out it's the same ARX balance as I started the session. Plus, if I go to the in-game store during a game session I'm presented with my last previous ARX balance. It would seem I should log out and back in to update the ARX total, which is immersion breaking and time wastful.

2. Linked to above, if ARX DID accumulate in real time (like credits do) I could then see the transaction benefit. I've been doing combat in CZs. When I cash in the bonds why don't I see "100,000 credits in bonds and 10 ARX"? That would tell me the value of doing that particular activity. After five years I'm pretty maxed out on credits, but focusing on ARX might be a fun new dimenson to the game. Is there a table some place with all the ARX earnings? e.g. 5 ARX per 100,000 trading profit, 10 ARX per bounty kill, etc. Else, over a longish session where I mix it up (trading, explo, combat, missions) it's going to be hard to tell what generates ARX and what doesn't, if all I get is a single ARX points update on my next log IN (not in game play or on log OUT).

I really like you've added ARX as it's a real bonus to no longer spending real cash (or reducing what I do need to spend). But I think it needs some improvements, as above.

Thank you
JC

Yeah, it's low but I don't think it's reasonable to expect Arx to be a 'free paintjob generator'. Over time you'll pick up enough for a freeby of choice but really you are meant to buy them. Cosmetics have always been extra income to support the game, that hasn't changed so I think Arx are a pretty kewl reminder that cosmetics exist actually.

Well, generally true but:
1) They did build some expectations with the stream and the amount of Arx gained by Will and the activities he partake during that stream
2) It doesn't quite fit the description of "just play the game" and "you don't need to change your play style"
3) Some activities (exploration, long distance trading, mining) seem to be really slow, while others seem to get someone at the cap value rather quick - this opens up Arx Grinding and make the "just play the game" statement to look rather silly

I do hope they'll adjust the rates tho.

1) They did build some expectations with the stream and the amount of Arx gained by Will and the activities he partake during that stream
2) It doesn't quite fit the description of "just play the game" and "you don't need to change your play style"
3) Some activities (exploration, long distance trading, mining) seem to be really slow, while others seem to get someone at the cap value rather quick - this opens up Arx Grinding and make the "just play the game" statement to look rather silly

Yeah - I did my regular exploring yesterday (jumps & FSS honk - only occasional FSS Scan & DSS for ELW/WW). In around 2 hours I 'earned' around 20 ARX. So .. 40 hours to hit the cap - which won't happen. Whereas another of my CMDRs hit the cap in an hour via combat.

I'm hoping they're going to look at the earn rates and tweak them - but given how little balancing they do in this game I am not holding my breath.

I think it is based on the cr you earn, + earnings, + ARX .... more or less how the pilot range system works (trade, exploration, combat)

I have to say I am very curious as to how much the Arx cost as I am seeing the operator paint job that you could get 6 paint jobs was 3 pounds I am hoping that FD is selling 13.320 arx for 3 pounds because if not then they have upped the prices of these paint jobs a ridiculous amount of money. It's a pretty dirty move on their behalf if this a way to up the prices of these paint jobs waaaaay more than what they were previously and to me it does appear to reek of greed here, but maybe I am wrong with it all and we shall have to wait and see. I have say though if I am right they have lost me for any future content or xpacs.

I have to say I am very curious as to how much the Arx cost as I am seeing the operator paint job that you could get 6 paint jobs was 3 pounds I am hoping that FD is selling 13.320 arx for 3 pounds because if not then they have upped the prices of these paint jobs a ridiculous amount of money. It's a pretty dirty move on their behalf if this a way to up the prices of these paint jobs waaaaay more than what they were previously and to me it does appear to reek of greed here, but maybe I am wrong with it all and we shall have to wait and see. I have say though if I am right they have lost me for any future content or xpacs.

Before Arx (B.A.) a paint job 6-pack was 300 Frontier Points, the conversion rate was 1:20, so I would expect a paint pack to be no more than 6000 Arx.
I have not seen in the Store any paint packs, only individual paints, some of them being extremely expensive

I think it is based on the cr you earn, + earnings, + ARX .... more or less how the pilot range system works (trade, exploration, combat)

I made in that trip 400+ millions. And since mining can be extremely profitable compared with other activities, i dont think they should tie Arx with credits gains.
On the contrary, it should be tied with active time spent in game - which is my issue - 23 arx for 3+ hours. That's less than 8 arx per active hour.

I made in that trip 400+ millions. And since mining can be extremely profitable compared with other activities, i dont think they should tie Arx with credits gains.
On the contrary, it should be tied with active time spent in game - which is my issue - 23 arx for 3+ hours. That's less than 8 arx per active hour.
just buy and sell the most expensive buckhead in the same station,5mins,400 ARX,enjoy

Before Arx (B.A.) a paint job 6-pack was 300 Frontier Points, the conversion rate was 1:20, so I would expect a paint pack to be no more than 6000 Arx.
I have not seen in the Store any paint packs, only individual paints, some of them being extremely expensive

and where did you go to win 400 million??

Well to give you an idea for some of the prices there was a skin that was in one of those packs of 6 for 3 pounds, and now one of those skins from that group of 6 it is 2220 arx and so that makes it a total of the 13320 arx for the 6 of the paint jobs in total. To put it into perspective the ship kits for Imp cutter are 11750 for the 12 pce pack and 13520 for the raider pack. The prices for the paint jobs now look pretty expensive to me now, the last time I saw inflation like that was when watching the news about Argentina and the financial problems that they have had over there in the past 12 months.

Hey there! I hope this is intended ... a few moments ago i got a "RETRO-THARGOID Bubblehead" for 1 ARX :) ... and the ARX-Shop seems online now ... o7!

Don't know if anyone's trying to work out how ARX are earned or what earns them but if this helps, last night I spent 4 hrs mining LTD jumped and honked 6 systems to sell for 347m earning 20 ARX

Top Bottom