Notice ARX FAQ

its already a gift. its free premium currency for playing the game. what you spend it on is your issue. and the phrase weekly cap pretty obviously implies that it resets every week.
They didn't offer me 1 ARX for free. I had to play to earn it. If they wanted to offer me the bobbleheah as agift it should either cost 0 ARX or 1 ARX but that specific ARX should have been credited to MY account for free i.e. no purchase requirement or no play time requirement. ONLY in that case I could justify counting it n the weekly cap. Otherwise it shouldn't have affected my weekly cap since it was a gift right?
Also you say wha I spend it on is my issue. Really? What can you buy with one ARX? Wha other option did I have?

Last edited:
So I wonder if this update is increasing Frontier's income like they obviously hoped it would.
Well they've got £4.99 of my money that they wouldn't otherwise have had.

I've just had a couple of random thoughts.

"You don't hand over £5 to a shop keeper and then walk out without taking change."
No, but you might pre-pay your newspaper bill. You might put £20 behind the bar, rather than paying for each pint.

"These skins are expensive."
Seeing as how the reason I'm buying skins is to use them in screenshots, they're much cheaper than the commercial market for 3d skins.
Howabout $13 for a sweatshirt? https://www.daz3d.com/high-neck-sweatshirt-outfit-for-genesis-8-male-s
(That's only for use in producing a rendered image; using it in a game is another $50.)

Last edited:
Well they've got £4.99 of my money that they wouldn't otherwise have had.
The present or absence of a STORE button in the station menu make no difference on whether or not I buy cosmetics, but it does annoy me. If anything it almost makes me want to not buy cosmetics in protest. As for Arx, I came from PS4 where we had Frontier Points, so this is nothing new to me, nor does it bother me.

"You don't hand over £5 to a shop keeper and then walk out without taking change."
No, but you might pre-pay your newspaper bill.
But you then get a regular newspaper each and every day or each and every weekend. You don't cherry pick. The situation with ED cosmetics and arx is more akin to buying a one-off magazine but having to pay 1.5x the cover price, in case the next time you fancy a magazine you can pay 1.5x the cover price again and hope that there's a third one you also like so you can spend the balance.

You might put £20 behind the bar, rather than paying for each pint.
And if you decide that you've had enough of that bar and never intend to go back, does the publican get to keep what's left? Because I'm reasonably sure there's no documented mechanism by which FD can give you a refund on unspent arx**.

(Not trying to have a go, just pointing out the potential pitfalls of relying on analogies. Even though we all do it).

*Numbers may have been exaggerated for easier maths.

**Although to be fair to FD, if you asked them to permanently delete your account I reckon
there's a good chance they would do this. It's one of the paradoxes of this company. At
times the profit-focused tail seems to be well and truly wagging the dog, yet when it comes
to one-on-one customer service their support team often goes above and beyond.

But you then get a regular newspaper each and every day or each and every weekend. You don't cherry pick. The situation with ED cosmetics and arx is more akin to buying a one-off magazine but having to pay 1.5x the cover price, in case the next time you fancy a magazine you can pay 1.5x the cover price again and hope that there's a third one you also like so you can spend the balance.

And if you decide that you've had enough of that bar and never intend to go back, does the publican get to keep what's left? Because I'm reasonably sure there's no documented mechanism by which FD can give you a refund on unspent arx**.

(Not trying to have a go, just pointing out the potential pitfalls of relying on analogies. Even though we all do it).

*Numbers may have been exaggerated for easier maths.

**Although to be fair to FD, if you asked them to permanently delete your account I reckon
there's a good chance they would do this. It's one of the paradoxes of this company. At
times the profit-focused tail seems to be well and truly wagging the dog, yet when it comes
to one-on-one customer service their support team often goes above and beyond.

+1 for the footnotery :)

And if you decide that you've had enough of that bar and never intend to go back, does the publican get to keep what's left? Because I'm reasonably sure there's no documented
My planned rebuff is "and when has anyone ever stopped drinking until the money is all gone?"

But yes, fair points; they're not perfect analogies.

Is there some trick to earning ARX? Something I have to enable? I ask because I have earned zero ARX so far. I booted up the game the other day just to take a look around at the changes but didn't hang around long because of the bugs, etc. I did one mission and logged off for the night - about ten minutes of gameplay in all. Today, I logged in and discovered my ARX balance was still zero. Okay, I thought, maybe I didn't play enough. So today I logged on again, did a salvage mission, sold some exploration data, and used the FSS to scan 3/4's of a solar system. I logged out and returned about three hours later: still zero ARX.

Am I missing something? Or just another bug to log?

Is there some trick to earning ARX? Something I have to enable? I ask because I have earned zero ARX so far. I booted up the game the other day just to take a look around at the changes but didn't hang around long because of the bugs, etc. I did one mission and logged off for the night - about ten minutes of gameplay in all. Today, I logged in and discovered my ARX balance was still zero. Okay, I thought, maybe I didn't play enough. So today I logged on again, did a salvage mission, sold some exploration data, and used the FSS to scan 3/4's of a solar system. I logged out and returned about three hours later: still zero ARX.

Am I missing something? Or just another bug to log?

Right now missions don't seem to generate Arx. This seems odd.
Selling exploration data seems to generate 1 Arx for every 100,000 Cr.
Mining also doesn't generate Arx at the moment, but there is evidence that it will do when the bugs have been fixed.
Kills and, probably, being killed, generate Arx.
There was mention of trade earning Arx, but I don't know the rate.

So, at the moment, mercenary and exploration are what you need to get into to earn Arx.

You would have probably earned 1 Arx if you had 100% scanned that system.

Last edited:
Add to the FAQs...

Q: Is there a maximum number of ARX I am able to earn per week?
A: Isn't the max per power cycle 400 ARX?

Q. I want to "save up" my ARX over several weeks to make a paint job purchase. Do ARX earned during the week expire if I don't use them?
A: Didn't I read somewhere that gameplay earned ARX expire?

Add to the FAQs...

Q: Is there a maximum number of ARX I am able to earn per week?
A: Isn't the max per power cycle 400 ARX?
Correct
Q. I want to "save up" my ARX over several weeks to make a paint job purchase. Do ARX earned during the week expire if I don't use them?
A: Didn't I read somewhere that gameplay earned ARX expire?
Incorrect. Arx do not expire.
The cap is refreshed to 400 each week. You may be confused with people asking if the unearned part of the cap rolls over.
So if you earned 0 one week you would be able to earn 800 the next. This does not happen; it's 400 per week, every week.
The cap does not roll over, but your earned Arx do.

Top Bottom