As long as Goon panic seems to be going strong may as well inform

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
There will be a large influx of Eve Online players to Elite Dangerous. People shouldn't be worried, because the Goonswarm will be split up in Goon-squads due to instances.

Big player groups are fine, if they don't exploit the game.

Threads Merged
cylon_zps3f9d09c3.gif

Interesting choice of first post, indeed....

Indeed.

It's now got to the point that whenever one of these threads comes up now, the first thing I do is to look at the OP's join date. *Sigh*... (For the record, I believe everybody is entitled to their opinion. This is mine on this particular matter.)

Is this how this 'flooding the forums' thing works - only more so presumably?

I guess I'll pop back from time to time just to check whether anybody's managed to come up with anything new to say...

This is the first time i've come across this concept of meta-gaming, and i have to say it is quite interesting, after all anyone who has spent any time on the internet knows that the ultimate end game for any game is the forum, so i guess it makes sense in a way.

But honestly guys don't be thinking these guys are going to ruin the game. they cant and i dont think they would want to anyway. i believe they are just as interested in actually playing the game as we are. in fact on the particular thread on SA that deals with Elite D there are plenty of goons who talk about being players on here and to what level they have backed.

but to be brutally honest if you lot let them **** with your heads i'm sure they will happily oblige.

Just chill your all starting to look paranoid and a bit stupid.

This is the first time i've come across this concept of meta-gaming, and i have to say it is quite interesting, after all anyone who has spent any time on the internet knows that the ultimate end game for any game is the forum, so i guess it makes sense in a way.

But honestly guys don't be thinking these guys are going to ruin the game. they cant and i dont think they would want to anyway. i believe they are just as interested in actually playing the game as we are. in fact on the particular thread on SA that deals with Elite D there are plenty of goons who talk about being players on here and to what level they have backed.

but to be brutally honest if you lot let them **** with your heads i'm sure they will happily oblige.

Just chill your all starting to look paranoid and a bit stupid.
You summed it up pretty nicely.

I'll repeat here what I said in a PM recently:

"I do disagree though. They are the bad guys I believe them to be. At least their online personas are built on scamming and griefing. Even Gianturco admits and revels in that. I quoted earlier how he sees it, I don't even mind the griefing that much, it's more the making fun of someone elses pain that bothers the hell out of me. There's a line. And Gianturco and others have crossed it numerous times.

That's the basis of my trouble with them. Not that I like griefing either, but they went far far beyond it.

Pecisk pointed out they've done a lot for ED and that's true. But their basic mindset is still a problem for me.

But like I said, attack the argument, not the people. Part of that is I don't like when they do it. So I won't do it either."

So basically if they leave their agenda and desire to harass people, make fun of them for getting upset by said harassment then publishing that harassment online for others to make fun of. Then sure.

Lugalbandak

Banned
I was always fond of goons , those bloody BOB dudes needed to go :)

Such groups are testing game mechanics only for the GOOD.

i cannot count the flaws in eve on two hands, that goons took in into the light by explioted to death with a coalition of 40k+. CCP seems to only act when things are out of control.

so for the good.

Now tey are making Null sec blue as water, so i expect final some action in null sec to make it fun again for the little guy.

But on topic , wy panic in ED? when its not possible to roam with 5 fleets of 250 ppl at the same time.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom