August Dev Diary, your hopes and expectations

Date confirmed on stream today: First Dev diary scheduled for August 18th (that is before Gamescom :p )
Do we have a confirmation that Frontier will show something at Gamescom?

Also is there any information about the form of this dev diary? Will it be a video, a text??...

Last edited:
I hope the first set the stage and reveal all of the features.

Then I hope there one that do a deep dive into each of those features.

Then their a deep dive on how they implement the feature
Follow by a demonstration of the feature in a video.

I'm normally an insane optimist - but I get the feeling that whatever they drop on us on the 18th will be berated by many posters here - even if we learn something new about the expansion.

Me, I just want enough info on whatever isn't FPS pew-pew to decide if my precious pounds are staying in the bank or buying the expansion - I hope the latter...

Yeah, I wouldn't expect anything new as such, just maybe a little more detail on what we do know about, if we're lucky. Like maybe some screenshots of the surface base interiors and that kinda thing, maybe some video footage of NPCs walking around. Some of the new outposts, maybe a few different types of tenuous atmosphere... From a marketing perspective, they've got another 4 to 6 months at least (assuming a long beta before release, could be 6-8 months if not) to string the reveals out. They're almost certainly not going to spank a full feature list on first dev diary out the gate.

Anything more would be a bonus though.

I wouldn't expect anything new as such, just maybe a little more detail on what we do know about, if we're lucky. Like maybe some screenshots of the surface base interiors and that kinda thing, maybe some video footage of NPCs walking around. Some of the new outposts... From a marketing perspective, they've got another 4 to 6 months at least (assuming a long beta before release, could be 6-8 months if not) to string the reveals out. They're almost certainly not going to spank a full feature list on first dev diary out the gate.

Anything more would be a bonus though.
A full reveal, I agree, wouldn't do the marketing much good :)

But enough 'tease' for other content - that would be just fine (y)

Date confirmed on stream today: First Dev diary scheduled for August 18th (that is before Gamescom :p )
My expectation... 100 more people that somehow didn't know VR was axed letting everyone know how they feel. Ship interiors confirmed/denied/unconfirmed will push people's buttons. Honestly I have no idea if we'll get any new details, but at the same time I have no idea how they could make something about Odyssey WITHOUT giving anything new away, even if it was 100% about development. Worst case scenario for details is the first dev diary is 100% developer interviews talking about how excited they are.

First 50% talking about fleet carrier numbers, how many sold, how many collective LY travelled, etc. Interesting, but that's not why we're here FD.
Next 30% show the trailer we've already seen but from a different perspective!
10% playing up when they'll announce the date of the next program.
Last 10% show a new trailer that while new, fails to show anything actually new, then talk in exited tones about what we just saw and how we'll talk in much more detail about it next time.

Do we have a confirmation that Frontier will show something at Gamescom?

Also is there any information about the form of this dev diary? Will it be a video, a text??...
You would think they would take advantage of that to push the hype train further over the rickety bridge, wouldn't you? Maybe another teaser trailer. Which would make up for little info (called 'bits and pieces' officially) in the Dev Diary.

They referred to a 'cameo appearance,' so with distancing I would imagine a video interview like they had before.

Frontier are listed. So they will presumably be involved in some way, whether it's Odyssey they are showing who knows. Don't they have some other unannounced titles?

The fact their name is incorrect on the list kind of says it all really....broken, Fdev are broken lol FRONTIER DEVELOPM where is the EMTS...oh yes they only get that part when they finish a product with content that is fun...:LOL::ROFLMAO:

Top Bottom