August Dev Diary, your hopes and expectations

I personally really couldn't care less about that. Them wearing suits on the live streams wouldn't improve the game one bit.

On the contrary, I think the way they do it helps to create a more personal and familiar atmosphere. A stream full of business men in suits is something I wouldn't even expect from EA.
They don't have to wear suits, but a crisp shirt and trousers, neatly ironed, implies something else ... self discipline, attention to detail, recognition that the customers matter ..... shorts t-shirt, flip flops however, signals not all is right with the team leader's state of mind (except he's in holiday mood). It turned out to be a true signal, alas.

They don't have to wear suits, but a crisp shirt and trousers, neatly ironed, implies something else ... self discipline, attention to detail, recognition that the customers matter ..... shorts t-shirt, flip flops however, signals not all is right with the team leader's state of mind (except he's in holiday mood). It turned out to be a true signal, alas.

What about if they wore mankinis? But all had grown Borat mustaches, and wore big shades.

It's niiice....

T-shirts and even shorts have been the norm for years now in software development, except in very old-schools areas like banking or insurance. To be honest I don't miss the old days of neatly ironed shirts one bit, it's far more confortable working in a t-shirt and shorts.

I just hope FD know what they are doing...its like wearing trunks made of steak in a lion enclosure- one wrong move and its Planet Zoo boxing time.
I'm normally an insane optimist - but I get the feeling that whatever they drop on us on the 18th will be berated by many posters here - even if we learn something new about the expansion.

Me, I just want enough info on whatever isn't FPS pew-pew to decide if my precious pounds are staying in the bank or buying the expansion - I hope the latter...

I'm normally an insane optimist - but I get the feeling that whatever they drop on us on the 18th will be berated by many posters here - even if we learn something new about the expansion.

Me, I just want enough info on whatever isn't FPS pew-pew to decide if my precious pounds are staying in the bank or buying the expansion - I hope the latter...

This is why we need a brief overview and an oral introduction from Adam about what FD hopes to achieve with EDO, and, over the coming weeks and months fill in that skeleton with hints and info.

Hopefully the CMs have a plan for that, because thats what FD needs to build back the feels this forum lost. FD have sacrificed a lot to get here, if they drip feed us info it needs to be finest gravy droplets and not battery acid.

Hope: A comprehensive feature list (details not necessary, just an overview) and a robust list of improvements to existing features.

Expectations: None of that. Pretty pictures, 50% or more concept, marketing language, emphasis on choice and player narrative, intense focus on legs and FPS with little to no mention of base game improvements, and - if we're lucky - footage of, um, walking around but not actually doing anything.

Oh, and heavy dialogue on personal life in the last week. None of which is related to the expansion.

Top Bottom