Australian Animals

Well the reason that the Australia hypothesis is so strong is that Frontier seems to be banging off highly requested animals that were purposefully left out of the game (not the most cash money practice but screw it). Polar bears and reindeer in the Arctic Pack and jaguars and giant anteaters in the SA pack. Now, the 2 most heavily requested animals are penguins and kangaroos.

It's not so much that they are 'highly-requested'; Frontier has a roadmap. They already know exactly what DLC they are going to release and when. I think these first three DLC packs though (Arctic, SA, and whatever is next) were probably either already done or close to being done prior to the game even launching (in other words, it's unlikely they started and finished the Arctic Pack between November and December, and then started and finished the SA Pack between December and April).

They've chosen their themes deliberately. Arctic for the winter/Christmas period, which makes sense, South America for the Spring period (rainforests are bastions of natural life, spring is all about nature, rebirth, and so on), and then for the summer, Australia makes the most sense unless they do something completely out of left field (Australia is hot, summery, known for its beaches and deserts and bushfires).

Lemme explain. By highly requested, I meant animals Frontier knew would sell well. Like it doesn't take wiz kid to figure out that things like polar bears, jaguars, etc would be loved so their roadmap is probably based on what we want anyway. Seasons are a good indicator but I feel this will be obsolete in a bit

Lemme explain. By highly requested, I meant animals Frontier knew would sell well. Like it doesn't take wiz kid to figure out that things like polar bears, jaguars, etc would be loved so their roadmap is probably based on what we want anyway. Seasons are a good indicator but I feel this will be obsolete in a bit

I see what you mean. As for seasons I think it only applies to the first three, in line with what they did for Planet Coaster (Winter Update, Spring Update, Summer Update = Arctic, South America, Australia). After that it's open season on guesses, but if we look to PlanCo as a sort of guide (as well as JWE) we should expect animal-only (like ride-only, or dinosaur-only) packs, and some bigger packs representing bigger themes (birds is the most anticipated, since that can't be done on the current DLC model).

Also, I'm sure that Frontier had a lot of these assets ready to go at the moment. The reason I say this is because the SA and Arctic DLC didn't take that long to release. It'll likely be harder now because like Bo, many employees may not have gaming rigs at home, meaning they can't work.

Personally, I'd also love to see a more orange/red-coloured variant of sand as well... which would also come in handy for Africa-themed habitats...

Personally, I'd also love to see a more orange/red-coloured variant of sand as well... which would also come in handy for Africa-themed habitats...

Part of me agrees, part of me doesn't. On the one hand zoos tend not to use sand that much except in certain circumstances, as it's extremely difficult to clean and maintain and it's expensive to replace. What I'd like to see is clay in those same shades, as clay is the most common material used in 'desert' or 'savannah' enclosures in zoos.

Red kangaroo is most famous animal in Australia, recently i have seen them and i would happy with another animals dingo, emu, platypus, etc...

If an Australian DLC followed the South America template of four habitat and one exhibit, I'd pick the Red Kangaroo, the Southern Cassowary (to be more visually distinct from the Common Ostrich than the Emu would be), the Koala, and the Platypus (chosen over the Tasmanian Devil due to wanting a monotreme), and the Frilled-Necked Lizard as my exhibit animal. If I could add one more habitat animal, I'd go with either the Tasmanian Devil or a Wombat.

Even the thought of kangaroos and koalas makes me smile! :love:

I read that they would require new rigs. I'm not a game developer, but I hope this will be possible in the future!

Not like any mention of Monotremes. I do want to see an effort to make Terrariums for small mammals like in this example; Bilbies, Platypus, Echidnas, and Quolls.

I’d love an echidna, I think it would work as a habitat animal. Platypus I think would need some kind of exhibit style setup.

Interestingly the game soundtrack has a track called Echidna Round.

I think platypus could be a habitat animal,if only frontier changed their mind about space requirements. Im applying here to nile monitor. which as for a small animal, needs too much space imo. They're usually kept in big exhibits in real life. Instead of which, we have to build them full blown habitat. If space requirement for 2 nile monitors was like 50 square meters, Id be okay to do same for platypus. But according to the overall topic.
my choices:
-Red Kangaroo
-Emu
-Southern Cassowary
-Koala
-Platypus
-Echidna
-Tasmanian Devil
-Goodfellow tree Kangaroo
-Wombat
-Numbat
-Wallaby

Exhibit animals-
-Blue Tongue Skink
-Frilled Neck Lizard
-Thorny Devil
-Tuatara

Aviary animals(?):
-Kookabura
-Galah
-Palm Cockatoo
-Budgerigar

I’d love an echidna, I think it would work as a habitat animal. Platypus I think would need some kind of exhibit style setup.

Agree, but prefer the Tasmanian Devil to the echidna if it were one or the other. Platypus would definitely better as an enclosure animal, but there'd need to be a new type of larger exhibit for small mammals and/or birds with looped animations rather than static ones... If we ever get an aviary DLC then this might become a thing - I don't see it being launched until / unless this happens though.

I definitely agree, we need a lot more Australian animals! I'm surprised the only one that made it was the saltwater crocodile. But here are some animals that can definitely join in on the fun:
Red Kangaroo (Grey Kangaroo)
Wallaby
Koala
Wombat
Dingo
Tasmanian Devil
Platypus
Echidna
Emu
Cassowary
Perentie
Taipan

For me... if I were to pick 5....

1- Dingo
2- Kangaroo
3-Wombat
4- Cassowary
5- Wallaby.

Sorry, but imho Koalas would be pretty uninteresting game play wise, they... don’t really do much. Don’t get me wrong, they are absolutely adorable <3 but I think more active animals would be preferable to me at least. Just like I wouldn’t really want the sloth added to the game.

For me... if I were to pick 5....

1- Dingo
2- Kangaroo
3-Wombat
4- Cassowary
5- Wallaby.

Sorry, but imho Koalas would be pretty uninteresting game play wise, they... don’t really do much. Don’t get me wrong, they are absolutely adorable <3 but I think more active animals would be preferable to me at least. Just like I wouldn’t really want the sloth added to the game.

Why the dingo and not the Tasmanian devil? The dingo is just another subpecies of wolf, and not exactly at-risk.

I have to agree about having a southern cassowary instead of an emu. although emus are very common in zoos and a species I would like to see, the cassowary looks completely unique while the emu has quite similar colours to female ostriches, and they live in a completely different habitat from ostriches too

Aside from the meerkat, Australian animals are ,my number one want in the game. If i had to pick four and an exhibit animal I'd love to see Red Kangaroo, Koala, Common Wombat Dingo and the Frilled Lizard. But I'd be okay if we got a Cassowary instead of the Wombat or Dingo, and while I prefer the Red Kangaroo, if they gave us the Grey Kangaroo instead that would also be okay. . There's others I'd like to see but those are my main wants. I do think a kangaroo is an absolute MUST, followed closely be a Koala. If they gave us an Australia pack and included neither, as neat as the other animals would be, they might as well not have bothered and I can imagine the backlash from it.

If there is finally an Australian DLC ever, I wish there were some of these iconic animals.

Habitat animals:
1. Red Kangaroo
2. Cassowary
3. Koala
4. Platypus

Exhibition animals:
1. King's Chlamydosaurus
2. Blue-tongued skink
3. Collared lizard

Top Bottom