Aution

How about buying and selling your ships in an aution like forza, being able to buy a fully moded/engineered ship to suit requirments would be helpful, for me anyway.

How about buying and selling your ships in an aution like forza, being able to buy a fully moded/engineered ship to suit requirments would be helpful, for me anyway.

Though I agree in part, it wouldn't or shouldn't be cheap, it would make the grind considerably less time consuming. I much rather grind for cr's then materials and or minerals and have to deal with engineering. One knows appoximately what a fully engineered ship of choice is going to cost. And if I'm willing to pay say doubble, that would or should be an option.

Lestat

Banned

I have to say NO. If a ship had wear and tear over time that would never go away I would agree. But Elite has that repair everything and you end up with a brand new ship. This caters to easy mode. So I do not support this idea.

Though I agree in part, it wouldn't or shouldn't be cheap, it would make the grind considerably less time consuming. I much rather grind for cr's then materials and or minerals and have to deal with engineering. One knows appoximately what a fully engineered ship of choice is going to cost. And if I'm willing to pay say doubble, that would or should be an option.
If you're only willing to pay double, you probably won't get a fully engineered ship.

The *sellers* of ships in this auction are presumably in it to make a profit for themselves. And they're doing some pretty boring stuff like HGE hunting to do it.

So, they can probably get enough materials to fully engineer a ship in 10 hours - depending on how big the ship is and what engineered modules it has, since some G5s are easier to get than others. In the same 10 hours, they could just earn themselves a billion credits by existing methods, if not more.

And that's a lot of effort on the off-chance that *someone* wants a fully-G5 Anaconda to a particular spec and is willing to pay an extra billion credits for it ... so in practice they'll probably want a buyer and an agreed price before they start working on it.

I have to say NO. If a ship had wear and tear over time that would never go away I would agree. But Elite has that repair everything and you end up with a brand new ship. This caters to easy mode. So I do not support this idea.

My thoughts, too. I do not support an auction system in the absence of a wear-and-tear mechanism.

Indeed, the idea of slowly accumulating irreparable wear and tear is good, independently of the present topic. It would be believable, a low-level credit sink, an at-least-slightly-equitable solution to the problem of legacy engineering, a reason for integrity engineering, and an offering of a trade-off for lowering the amount of materials required to max out engineering. More details in a separate Suggestion post to come.

Top Bottom