Bad Things

Suit Customization
Like many have said, especially those who can't find their Pioneer suits, the suit customization UI is terrible, clunky, and full of bugs. Having to customize both in the shop and in the loadout area is confusing and not working right. I haven't found my Pioneer stuff yet, but I have noticed when applying various skins to different body parts that once you apply, it doesn't show that it was applied in the UI, and I have to apply it again, with mixed results. Also lots of things are mislabelled.

Galaxy Map
I love how we can hold-click on systems now to plot a route. All of the other UI stuff is awful. Icons, not being able to easily pull up system information; all of it's confusing as hell and slow to use. Very clunky. Sure, I can learn what pictures mean what over time and where to find what I'm looking for with experience, but the icon thing is a total bust. Give us back the words. English language. It was quick and easy.

Starport UI and missions
It looks a lot like fleet carrier stuff now, which I can understand, but it's a lot less intuitive now. It's also less efficient. Clicking on icons for different factions instead of having everything on the left is less clear. In fact, sometimes you click on one icon, and think you're dealing with that faction, but you're dealing with another, and there's no way to tell without clicking on the faces again. There's a little color burst around the edge, but then it goes away. Can't tell at a glance.
- Example of less efficient: I was on Robigo last night doing passenger missions. There's an extra thing to click now. Now, clicking on a mission to assign them to cabins, I have to 'confirm' that they're going into a particular cabin, but after I confirm, I also have to click on 'Accept' to ... confirm again.

Horizons-Odyssey Data Saving problems?
Since I customized some controls on Horizons, when I logged into Odyssey for the first time, I saw that my 'on foot' controls were totally blank. I had to find a list of defaults on the web, and go through each thing, considering the default compared to my own tastes, and filling out the control fields one by one. I'm kind of afraid to log back into Horizons out of fear that my custom controls will be wiped out or otherwise corrupted.

UI off-screen on normal wide monitors.
Maybe all of the developers use extra-wide monitors? On my 1920x1080 monitor, no matter my field of view or reasonable resolution settings (playing in Windowed mode btw, slightly smaller than the screen), my on-foot UI was slightly off-screen. I couldn't see my full HP / energy / etc area, because the left side of it was pushing offscreen. Same with whatever was on the right. I saw streamers without this problem, but they probably have wider monitors than me or play fullscreen. But for normal screens in windowed mode, FWI.

There's a lot of good things that I like, but I'm just making a list of bad things so hopefully some of this stuff is addressed, reversed, and changed for the better.

Is there some sort of running bug list? Can this be stickied maybe for feedback?

Anyone seeing anything important like that? I'm just a semi-noob, so I'm not totally familiar with the in's and out's of the game, but those are some big things I noticed.

Top Bottom