Baldur's Gate III?

Yeah, that worried me for a moment, that they go with that horrible Spellplague from 4e to explain the metamorphosis, but hey, maybe he was an Illithid sleeper agent all this time, and the invasion triggered him to turn back to his original form ;)

Oh my.... from the article linked.

They call it Ceremorphosis

How could i not remember that?

I bet Ceremorph is already giggling like crazy.... you still speak to her? I think i have her on my Steam friend list... will check. (Ah, no, its Cen i have).

Oh my.... from the article linked.

How could i not remember that.

I bet Ceremorph is already giggling like crazy.... you still speak to her? I think i have her on my Steam friend list... will check.
Haven't seen Cere on the IRC channel in ages, we still lurk there. And funnily enough, cryptc had the same reaction you did when I posted the Ceremorphosis bit. "How could I forget, it was literally one of our DMs" :D

Haven't seen Cere on the IRC channel in ages, we still lurk there. And funnily enough, cryptc had the same reaction you did when I posted the Ceremorphosis bit. "How could I forget, it was literally one of our DMs" :D

Hah.

Say hi to cryptc for me. I still touch base rarely with Mr_O via the Sigil Discord since i still host the server files.

I know Cere went back to Haven for a while and then was back devving for Sigil. No idea what happened since then.

This is probably the best possible outcome for the Baldurs Gate franchise. Larian studio track record is stellar. Yes, i loved the Dragon Knight Saga too. They are passionate about making RPGs and it shows. Now we have a few years before seeing anything i suppose, hopefully CP 2077 will fill that void (and Battletech Heavy Metal in between..)

Torment. Pretty much the only party member ever, that I wished it would die. After only 5 minutes of gameplay.

For me it's in BG1, I love Jaheira but can't stand Khalid. So in every playthrough Khalid finds himself attempting to solo a black bear naked or something to that effect. It also gives a cool sinister undertone to the BG2 romance with Jaheira. :devilish:

Love this dev team. Those videos they did for Divinity were equally interesting and funny. They are most definitely a good fit for this.

I think the best part is to see how big of a nerds the WotC guys are too :D If I recall correctly they actually brought Original Sin 2 DM mode to them during development to have actual DMs test it out :)

Deleted member 110222

D
I've never played BG.

Thinking of picking up the first game on Steam, when the sales start. What should I expect?

Indeed - and with the difficulty slider and the modern "story mode" option you can roflstomp through everything in no time at all. I wouldn't recommend it though - these games deserve time, attention, exploration, experimentation and regular save points :D
Nothing wrong with having story mode difficulty as an option. But I'd agree I prefer higher difficulty in such games. I don't want to rush. It's an adventure, and best thing about adventures isn't your final destination, but roads that take you there :)

I've never played BG.

Thinking of picking up the first game on Steam, when the sales start. What should I expect?

Or you could get them on GOG, seeing how they are 5 EUR a piece right now :D https://www.gog.com/promo/beamdog_dnd_bundle

You can expect tons of reading, a so-so main story (BG2 is muuuch better then 1), some really nicely written characters, and oldschool AD&D combat. If you feel adventorous, Gibberlings3 has a tactics mod for it, that makes it even harder.

If Larian studios are going to make it, it will probably be very, very good. Their Divinity Original Sin franchise is excellent.

Top Bottom