Battle for Carcosa

fighting against "the Nameless" in Carcosa as a player faction makes no sense to me.
Yet the group we are against are doing just that, despite the loss to the the region if they win.
Quick question: I usually find that player group vs player group in BGS terms is ultimately a waste of everyone's time. If having stock of certain goods is the goal behind these wars, and that is dictated by the alignment of the controlling faction , wouldn't it make sense just to flip another local system to the control of a suitably aligned faction? Rather than fighting continual wars? Or is that part of the fun? :)

[I have an alt account that I was considering re-locating to Colonia]
Flipping systems is not an easy task up here. Every controlling faction in Colonia is there because there is a player group actively supporting that faction. I wasn't there when the Nameless originally took control of Carcosa but I believe this was a concerted effort over a long period of time.

Others may be able to provide more detail, but what's makes this interesting is that if you can't hold your system, someone else will take it.

I think it's probably fair to say that none in the group will shy away from a war to defend our allies in the game, but it's very much about having fun however you play whilst supporting a faction as a group that benefits the region as a whole.

So I can come to Colonia and become a mercenary, selling my BGS services to this week's highest bidding player faction? Sounds like a laugh. Sounds like 'emergent' gameplay. I shall set up a site! "Check-a-merc ... check-a-merc.com!"

So I can come to Colonia and become a mercenary, selling my BGS services to this week's highest bidding player faction? Sounds like a laugh. Sounds like 'emergent' gameplay. I shall set up a site! "Check-a-merc ... check-a-merc.com!"
Sure thing, that would work. If you're set on the idea of helping the opposition I'm definitely happy to engage in some PvP with you. I could use the practice.

Yet the group we are against are doing just that, despite the loss to the the region if they win.

true. But it seems to be a strategical failure to invest energy to push your faction up at this special system, while losing influence at some of the other own-settled (what a word?) systems. If I read correct, the pushing faction loses influence at their home-system or has hard times to push their systems up above 75% to start an expansion into a near system. While that might be a reason (the only one I can think of), to get a system that is useful for your faction. (Like an engineer-system, mat-trading systems, something like that - where you can get pushed by the lots of pilots, that need those "services" up there...

I would never do that without a diplomatic contract.

true. But it seems to be a strategical failure to invest energy to push your faction up at this special system, while losing influence at some of the other own-settled (what a word?) systems. If I read correct, the pushing faction loses influence at their home-system or has hard times to push their systems up above 75% to start an expansion into a near system. While that might be a reason (the only one I can think of), to get a system that is useful for your faction. (Like an engineer-system, mat-trading systems, something like that - where you can get pushed by the lots of pilots, that need those "services" up there...

I would never do that without a diplomatic contract.
I think I see where you're coming from. I'm not going to go into diplomacy between factions simply because there are others who could explain that better than me and I wouldn't want mis-speak (mis-type?) here. I can say that we'd need to be in a very different place for something like a diplomatic contract to exist though.

Top Bottom