Best ships to harass sweaty miners?

I never even imagined miners would leave the rings with full loads to supercruise instead of jumping directly to a different system. Why on earth would someone do that?.. (unless the selling place is the exact same system)

I was speaking just from a pirating perspective, if your objective is to just destroy ships then yeah sitting around a good hotspot waiting for them to arrive is enough.

Why? They just don't know better.

That said there was a lot of action at some of the sell systems yesterday. Might be worth someone's while to camp Borann and wait for that unlucky fool.

A Sidewinder. They'll be too busy laughing to notice your hatchbreaker limpets. :)
The first commander who came to pirate me in a Sidewinder with guns, shields, a hatch breaker, limpet controller and limpets will probably get a complementary 8 LTDs ... his maximum. Might take a few shots at him as he was leaving for the fun of it. LOL!

If I were to mine in open, I would mine in my cutter, so a Sidewinder or Eagle might get rammed if they stick around. Then, well, mining lasers, flack cannons, and a couple of point defense on the underside. It's prolly not the best combination for a fight, but it is at least some deterrent to something like a Sidewinder or Eagle.

My mining cutter is purely a surface miner so it has two medium mining lasers, but also has somewhere over 2000MJ of shields (8 heavy duty boosters), dirty drives for speed, two large long range beam turrets, two high capacity packhound launchers and a huge corrosive multi-cannon. I know that's not a PvP ship by any measure, but it's good for a miner with 512 tons of cargo and 14 continuous limpets capability.

Last edited:
My mining cutter is purely a surface miner so it has two medium mining lasers, but also has somewhere over 2000MJ of shields (8 heavy duty boosters), dirty drives for speed, two large long range beam turrets, two high capacity packhound launchers and a huge corrosive multi-cannon. I know that's not a PvP ship by any measure, but it's good for a miner with 512 tons of cargo and 14 continuous limpets capability.

You equipped good shields. You're one big step ahead of most of the yokels out there. :LOL:

Still shaking my head at the shieldless T-10 with Elite combat rank.

Hmm, a 92 ton cargo Imperial Clipper pirate would be fun. An engineered PVP Fer de Lance build with PAs, rail guns or torpedoes would be overkill. The problem is that it won't have any decent cargo space thus for kills only. Beware of them.

"Greetings CMDR. Give me 15 refined tons of the good stuff and I won't kill you. Have a nice day.". Rinse and repeat.

Heck, it they give me what I want maybe I'll hang around and protect them for awhile with a small additional cost in stuff. One way to play honorably as a pirate...if one can use the words honorably and pirate in the same sentence.

Regards

They will just combat log or boogie in the 8 shield booster cutter to the next system. I'd kill them less if it wasnt so easy to just escape. Everytime i type to them I regret it. Frontier has made it so easy to avoid interaction they've forced me to take drastic measures.

They will just combat log or boogie in the 8 shield booster cutter to the next system. I'd kill them less if it wasnt so easy to just escape. Everytime i type to them I regret it. Frontier has made it so easy to avoid interaction they've forced me to take drastic measures.

What exactly is your approach to pirating? I know plenty having success.

Then you have desperate gankers in pvp fit ships trying to e-peen on the sun. So I avoid them as I'm completely disinterested in paying tribute to their worthless, tanked out, inflatable woman. Then I find the miner and watch them log or jump to hyperdrive despite a well times FSD Missile in their drive hole.

Frags ftw. Any sign of resistance is met with the utmost hostility.

Last edited:
If I were to mine in open, I would mine in my cutter, so a Sidewinder or Eagle might get rammed if they stick around..

Best of luck, unless one in a Sidey is drunk with vr bucket on his head.

08710034.jpeg

Best of luck, unless one in a Sidey is drunk with vr bucket on his head.

08710034.jpeg
Then they are still going one way while I boost another. Not that I mine in open. At least not without it being accidental or just a see who is here in open sort of thing.

Then you have desperate gankers in pvp fit ships trying to e-peen on the sun. So I avoid them as I'm completely disinterested in paying tribute to their worthless, tanked out, inflatable woman. Then I find the miner and watch them log or jump to hyperdrive despite a well times FSD Missile in their drive hole.

Frags ftw. Any sign of resistance is met with the utmost hostility.
Which is part of why they log on you. Why start over when they don't have to? Why wait to see if you will actually just take some tribute and let them go? Why lose any cargo at all? Why bother when you can just hit escape and start the menu log process the second an interdiction begins if you don't feel like playing Russian roulette? They don't know whether they are being interdicted by a pirate RPing, or a ganker looking for salt. The gankers have trained the miners, and cargo haulers well. Actual pirates get to pay for that too it seems.

Which is part of why they log on you. Why start over when they don't have to? Why wait to see if you will actually just take some tribute and let them go? Why lose any cargo at all? Why bother when you can just hit escape and start the menu log process the second an interdiction begins if you don't feel like playing Russian roulette? They don't know whether they are being interdicted by a pirate RPing, or a ganker looking for salt. The gankers have trained the miners, and cargo haulers well. Actual pirates get to pay for that too it seems.

This is exactly why i just murder you before 15 seconds. Guys like you ruin it for everyone else. Loggers have been the cause of a lot of unneccessarily sunken ships. You can thank Frontier for that.

And no. I'm not a renaissance fair pirate. I dont put on my little hat and plastic cutlass, say cliches like yarr and arrgg. I'm not a pickpocket or the sheriff of Nottingham. I dont see 400 diamonds and say "yarr give me 40 tons or walk the plank!". "Arg, thank you so much matey!". Paper piracy.

That is never how piracy worked. Your forum born fantasy of piracy has done nothing but neuter legitimate pirates and turn them into pretty renaissance fair, fake pirates. No, I'm not going to waste my time with epeenerrs camping the sun in G5 PvP fits. No. I want your diamonds, or I want to see them at the bottom of the sea.

When you see my sails you will drop your cargo or die... or log.

This is exactly why i just murder you before 15 seconds. Guys like you ruin it for everyone else. Loggers have been the cause of a lot of unneccessarily sunken ships. You can thank Frontier for that.

And no. I'm not a renaissance fair pirate. I dont put on my little hat and plastic cutlass, say cliches like yarr and arrgg. I'm not a pickpocket or the sheriff of Nottingham. I dont see 400 diamonds and say "yarr give me 40 tons or walk the plank!". "Arg, thank you so much matey!". Paper piracy.

That is never how piracy worked. Your forum born fantasy of piracy has done nothing but neuter legitimate pirates and turn them into pretty renaissance fair, fake pirates. No, I'm not going to waste my time with epeenerrs camping the sun in G5 PvP fits. No. I want your diamonds, or I want to see them at the bottom of the sea.

When you see my sails you will drop your cargo or die... or log.

Well, your erroneous assumptions aside. I guess I just have just have 4 points to leave you with then.

1) Because I understand why something is happening doesn't mean I am doing it.
2) I usually don't do anything non combat oriented in open because of people like you. So, luckily, I will prolly never see you in game.
3) Play how you want, within the rules, others will do the same. No one is required to keep playing when they no longer want to.
4) Blame Fdev all you want for allowing people to quit playing, or making your chosen profession difficult, I don't think they are even listening.

o7 cmdr, it's your game play it how you like.

Top Bottom