General / Off-Topic Best & Worst Sci Fi Movie Ever

I felt Chronicles Of Riddick (film, not read book) was trying too hard to be as deep as Dune was. Ahhh Dune there's a great film.

I'd also like to offer for the forum's consideration Short Circuit. Number Five Alive. No dis-assemble. :D
I have a secret ambition to build a lego Johnny Five.

I like it, but I know there are a few who don't. Best or worst, I think you'll all decide for yourselves.

Last edited:
I felt Chronicles Of Riddick (film, not read book) was trying too hard to be as deep as Dune was. Ahhh Dune there's a great film.

I'd also like to offer for the forum's consideration Short Circuit. Number Five Alive. No dis-assemble. :D
I have a secret ambition to build a lego Johnny Five.

I like it, but I know there are a few who don't. Best or worst, I think you'll all decide for yourselves.

I'll admit I got some enjoyment from Short Circuit - I was a kid at the time tho :D I haven't seen it since - probably another one that is probably better left as a warm fuzzy memory!

Sir.Tj

The Moderator who shall not be Blamed....
Volunteer Moderator
I felt Chronicles Of Riddick (film, not read book) was trying to hard to be as deep as Dune was. Ahhh Dune there's a great film.

Thats a interesting choice there young Miss Alien.

But if we are going for guilty secret SCIFI films we love......I give you....

Flash Gordon..

There I've said it.

*Ahem..... I'll get my coat* :D

Thats a interesting choice there young Miss Alien.

But if we are going for guilty secret SCIFI films we love......I give you....

Flash Gordon..

There I've said it.

*Ahem..... I'll get my coat* :D

Nah man - I just bought that on DVD :D Love that movie - totally unashamedly camp and the music was gold... FLASH AAAAHHHHH *cough*

Sir.Tj

Volunteer Moderator
GORDON'S ALIVE!!!

flash12.gif

Sir.Tj

Volunteer Moderator
haha - nice - I think the thing about that movie was that it never pretended to be anything other than what it was - a brilliant comic remade as live action. Still worth the watch I think! Old Dan Dare could do with a movie remake!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dan_Dare

Cor, Dan Dare! That takes me back. only problem with making that movie that there would be no Stan Lee cameo!!

Cor, Dan Dare! That takes me back. only problem with making that movie that there would be no Stan Lee cameo!!

Why? What happened to Stan Lee?

EDIT: Oh I see what you mean - it's not Marvel so it would be odd to see a comic remake without Stan making an appearance :D

Amazes me the names in Flash Gordon :

Topol (If I Were A Rich Man)
Richard O'Brien (Rocky Horror)
Peter Duncan (Blue Peter)
Timothy Dalton (Bond)
Max Von Sydow
Brian Blessed

All lengends in their own right.

Sir.Tj

Volunteer Moderator
Amazes me the names in Flash Gordon :

Topol (If I Were A Rich Man)
Richard O'Brien (Rocky Horror)
Peter Duncan (Blue Peter)
Timothy Dalton (Bond)
Max Von Sydow
Brian Blessed

All lengends in their own right.

Just looked at Wiki

Robbie Coltraine as in it. Never knew that

And Kenny Baker (R2D2)

Why? What happened to Stan Lee?

EDIT: Oh I see what you mean - it's not Marvel so it would be odd to see a comic remake without Stan making an appearance :D

Yeah I thought that too !

And WHY OH WHY haven't they done Dan Dare ? Who would play Mekon ?
(Forgive me if I got names wrong, not a Dan Dare fan.)

They seem too have pilaged every other comic out there, even Watchmen is on it's way.

Sir.Tj

Volunteer Moderator
They wont do it because its British. Sad fact of life, unless its American...

and Stan Lee would probably get all confused as to why he's not in the film:D

They wont do it because its British. Sad fact of life, unless its American...

and Stan Lee would probably get all confused as to why he's not in the film:D

I disagree Hollywood has done British and European comics and stories, can't name any off hand but i'll look into it.

EDIT : The Avengers, British TV series, film financed by Hollywood, duly flopped.
Thunderbirds, made by Gerry Anderson in Britain, various films financed by Hollywood (all flopped)

Last edited:
If we're talking cool comics crossovers (not all these boring repetitive marvel-style ones we've been bombarded with lately) then i would live to see the big screen debut of:

DR and Quinch.

They're like a psychopathic, alien Bill and Ted.

I'd like to see a third Bill and Ted film, but Alex Winter and whatshisname are a bit too old now.

(I do know his name, honest I really do, but everyone seems to forget Alex Winter.)

Top Bottom