Patch Notes Update Beta 2.04 available by 17:00 BST

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Had a chance to spend some hours ingame this morning and even in this beta state this 'game' is now absolutely awesome.
I can honestly say that I don't think there is a single obvious weakness, everything is just perfection.
The only icing on the cake for me would be the release of OR CV1 to make the experience even more epic.

Well done to all the guys and gals at FD for making this a classic (again). :D

Yes, the Beta 2 is fun with patch 2.04.
BUT only in Solo-Play!

Had just a freight mission adopted by I Bootis to Styx in Open Play. Every time it going in the Super Cruise -Total Crash.
In contrast, in Solo Play wonderfully.

I also do not understand the oversized transmission in open play. Up to 30,000 bytes almost a steadily on upload and download.
In solo play, however only until 1000 when a lot is going on.

ED is a great Game BUT not in Multiplayer!

Still some issues but getting warmer...

So I can certainly tell the game is coming together nicely! I'm liking the UI at this point and everything else looks grand (other than the process of going in and out of SC taking too long).

Issues I have seen with 2.04:

• Planets may or may not show up as completely black. Looks like I'm flying around a black hole which is strangely unnerving. :p
• Getting in and out of SC still kinda hangs the game for a bit. Seems like this has improved though, it used to take longer I believe.
• It would be nice to see the middle mouse button be a pan tool in the galaxy map. Maybe i missed something but I couldn't figure out how you pan the galaxy once you're not rotating the view.

A really minor thing, but there's a spelling mistake in the first Tutorial...

"Recruit, this training simuator..."

sorry, probably being pedantic!

A really minor thing, but there's a spelling mistake in the first Tutorial...

"Recruit, this training simuator..."

sorry, probably being pedantic!

Talking of minor, pedantic typos...

The Bulletin Board mission that asks you to be "DISCREET"
LOL!

It's a good thing if the only complaints we have about a game are two negligible typos :smilie:

I love the new patch... But trading is completely useless now, at least in my opinion. You can make more money by killing, or delivering messages. That's sad for me, I always liked trading a little :)
Everything else is amazing. You work hard to make it like that, so thank you for that!
Oh, and is there a plan to show descriptions of ships in the shipyard?

Last edited:
- Added 'Disable GUI Effects' option to the GUI shader so no cloudyness, parallax or colour tinting is applied when this option is set

This should simply be called 'GUI Effects' and be enabled by default in order to avoid confusion.
Otherwise you are enabling the disabling of the GUI effects which is weird.

I love the new patch... But trading is completely useless now, at least in my opinion. You can make more money by killing, or delivering messages. That's sad for me, I always liked trading a little :)
Everything else is amazing. You work hard to make it like that, so thank you for that!
Oh, and is there a plan to show descriptions of ships in the shipyard?

Yes... Delivery is the new trading.

Trading has been too nerfed IMHO :( Unless they've done it on purpose to force us into these new areas?

Played a few hours of 2.04 now in open play and I have not encountered any major problems, just a few graphical glitches. Also whenever there is an incremental update I seem to lose all of my key bindings... a bit annoying but not the end of the world. The game is running pretty smooth for me now, apart from the odd slow down during supercruise. Oh and the sound, I can't believe it's even better than it was! Keep up the good work FDev!

Yes, the Beta 2 is fun with patch 2.04.
BUT only in Solo-Play!

Had just a freight mission adopted by I Bootis to Styx in Open Play. Every time it going in the Super Cruise -Total Crash.
In contrast, in Solo Play wonderfully.

I also do not understand the oversized transmission in open play. Up to 30,000 bytes almost a steadily on upload and download.
In solo play, however only until 1000 when a lot is going on.

ED is a great Game BUT not in Multiplayer!

I gotta say yes its awsome but still a few bugs. a game breaker is that I have already had to clear a save as would not load up just as i was going to purchase a new ship as well. It will not go down well if they dont fix that issue better still would be to allow us to have more than one save.

I am sure they will fix it as these devs are the dogs bollox.

Just to add my 2cents worth, had a successful night just carrying out courier missions, earned a load of cash and upgraded to a hauler and currently have 45k credits in the bank ready to take on any missions. Would have liked to have bought a Cobra 3 but they are back up at full price, so I'll just have to do a bit more work tomorrow :). Good job guys, all working OK for me. Thanks

crash on g;alaxy map

Hi all

Just played for about an hour, when I was on the galaxy map the game crashed to desktop. Others have mention similar issue with map screens, so I think it'll will be on the forum in other places...so on going issues i guess!!
Got back into the game again, went to galaxy again, it took a few extra seconds to load in with now issue following.:D

Like the modification with this build, hope there still some more to come?:S

Wingrove Platform Styx

For some reason I cannot get out of supercruise at this station when playing in Open mode. It works fine in Solo. After I press 'J' to exit supercruise it goes to the loading screen and then just stops there without loading the instance.

2.04 - Impressed so Far

The highs :-
  • Played all day with no crashes
  • Voice comms works much better than beta 1- especially with friends
  • New space stations are interesting
  • Planets look better
  • Bulletin board missions working well and add interest
  • Ship explosions more 'punchy'
  • Solo and Group Play working very well

The lows :-
  • Trading currently nerfed
  • Rank system does not appear to be working
  • Changes to FA off from beta 1 to beta 2
  • Judder in SC near planet rings is back

All in all I am pleased with the way it looks and compliments to the Devs :)

Played 2.04 almost for a day,and it is awesome! Runs quite smoothly, and a lot of improvements over beta 1. Liked outposts, new music, systems maps and new outfitting interface. Thanks to the Frontier team for hard work.

Played for 12 hours or so today and yesterday.... I have to say the improvements to the missions have gone a long way as well as the gfx (planets and such).
The trading has seemed to have been put in an uneconomical position though.
Visited countless stations across 12 or more systems completing missions and outfitting and I could not find a single fixed pulse laser at any of them (trust me I checked). Can anyone else find one??
As well, I noticed a graphical clipping of the hud for a split second every so often during supercruise. It seemed to happen mostly at times of quick acceleration/decelleration due to approaching my destination and such. Does anyone else notice this or is this my own local issue?
And finally, just now I traded up from a sidey to a viper. I notice immediately that my jump distance had been decreased as I could not jump back to Eranin from LHS 3006. Didn't know if this was normal since all the literature and stats I have seen show it having higher jump capability than the sidey. I even tried selling my cargo bay and scanner but to no avail. I gave up and found that the station I was at had a shipyard. Tried to trade back down to a sidey.... server request denied. Repeatedly. Epic:S. Ah well, I hope this helps you guys... I'll give it another shot later.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom