Patch Notes Update Beta 2.04 available by 17:00 BST

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
The pace of these updates is great. It shows a dev team that is really listening to the players (or should I say "testers" :D ). This "beta" is more fun that most finished titles.

Great work!!

With 2.03 I was able to get access to the game finally. A bit frustrated but totally appreciative of all the hard work that has gone on.

We know this is a great game now, it will be amazing when it hits production.

Thank you to the team. Hope you have a chance to breath over the weekend and do something completely different over the weekend. Go get some fresh air! You deserve it.

ATTENTION: If you're stuck on the spinning ship loading screen when trying to enter the game, please try using the 'Clear Save' option before trying to load back in. This may fix the issue for a large percentage of players.

don't kick of at me. :) as this will delete your save. it was on the knowledge base from frontier. just passing the info for players still having problems

Last edited:
Great job! Especially on the HUD. The effects have been reduced enough that I'm comfortable leaving them on.

I still have one gripe... the compass has been on the right side of the radar since 1984.... Why move it?!?! :)

There is good reason that I can give you :)

On left you got TARGET view so if you for example targeted planet then near that is indicator showing you where you must face to see it and align your ship to it.

I was thinking about that replacement spot and this was my first thought. It just make more sense ;)
Hope you get used to that.

I still train my brain to see to the left not right when I want to see orientation to my target ;)

Last edited:
There is good reason that I can give you :)

On left you got TARGET view so if you for example targeted planet then near that is indicator showing you where you must face to see it and align your ship to it.

I was thinking about that replacement spot and this was my first thought. It just make more sense ;)
Hope you get used to that.

I still train my brain to see to the left not right when I want to see orientation to my target ;)
Don't quite understand you (target view?) but you're wrong anyway ;), the compass should of stayed on the right where it's been for 30yrs, I keep looking in the wrong place now! :p

loop in the hyperjump and stop game kill process.

Do you have an intel motherboard by any chance? I have a couple of intel processes related to my MB which I have to shut down before playing any online games, otherwise they interfere with my connection and cause all sorts of weirdness. I forgot to end them the other day, and ended up stuck in hyperspace just like you.

ATTENTION: If you're stuck on the spinning ship loading screen when trying to enter the game, please try using the 'Clear Save' option before trying to load back in. This may fix the issue for a large percentage of players.

don't kick of at me. :) as this will delete your save. it was on the knowledge base from frontier. just passing the info for players still having problems

Yeh this would have been nice if they had not removed the clear save button...

Do you have an intel motherboard by any chance? I have a couple of intel processes related to my MB which I have to shut down before playing any online games, otherwise they interfere with my connection and cause all sorts of weirdness. I forgot to end them the other day, and ended up stuck in hyperspace just like you.

Yes have that problem with HS and SC so far this 2.4 has been crashing since I installed it...

Much better they concentrate on the game access blockers first, no?

I'm sure that ship selling bugs are a high priority and will be looked at, but they are lower than ensuring the game runs in the first place.

And since there is only so many people and so many hours... ;)

I agree...im still stuck on loading screen(cant play solo, open or private groups),which gives me no chance to try/comment on any of these new fixes.
I'm sure i'm not the only one.
I really appreciate the effort you guys are going too,but surely getting people into the game in the first place to test these things, should be your first priority?
Thankyou once again for all your efforts

Hyper Jump Freezing

Great work on Beta 2 so far. Thanks for your hard work team :)

Entering or during hyper jump the game freezes sometimes, for upto 30 secs, then resumes.

Also big fluctuations in frame rate (in stations sometimes it drops to 7fps, in space I get abt 20fps), but I guess that will stabilise with further optimisation.

I like all the new station facilities & graphics, very cool.

How about HUD custom colour options? ;)

Thanks! That worked for me!! after 3 days a useful solution:) Thanks again

Tar Stone

Banned
Can anyone confirm whether the GTX 500 issue, the skybox issue and the galaxy map issue has been fixed yet?

GTX 500 issue (also affect other cards) isn't fixed yet, but Ben posted earlier that they have found the problem and are waiting for the fix from the engine guys. He said it would be "pretty soon" I'm hoping Monday.

Sorry I can't find the source right now - page 2 or 3 of this subforum in a thread called 'why do my graphics look bad' or something like that.

Skybox and galaxy map issues - not sure, I think others are still having this problem. Might all be related.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom