Patch Notes Update Beta 2.05 Now available.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
When I first tried the patch, yesterday early afternoon, everything was super fast. I could enter the game in less than 10 seconds maybe even 5.
Later that evening the loading times were not very good. For supercruise and hyperjump too.
Right now I'm still looking at the spinning sidewinder after 2 minutes.:(

Edit: In solo gameplay loading is still very fast.

Yes having the same problem here but the spinning sidewinder is still spinning and it's ten mins, I've shut it down once and run it again but still spinning...

Load times don't seem to have changed for me. However in game stability has declined.

Exploration not working,
Constant lockups when leaving SC, means most timed missions fail.
Appearing in space when I was docked in a station.
Lockups when leaving station to launch.
Lockups when leaving SC to arrive at a station.

IMHO these are all lag related issue, causing packet loss, and therefore crashes.

Compared to 2.4, I had a lot less problems, 2.5 is getting frustrating. :mad:

Overcooked it?

Almost imposible to come out of hyperspace without the game freezing now.

Also when I jump to hyperspace the countdown goes 4....3....1.... or 4...2...then jumps. Missing out numbers on the countdown appears to me something is tightly coupled?

:eek::mad::(:S:(

Load times are unchanged for me. Pre beta 2 (until 2.03 I couldn't play beta 2 at all) I could go straight from the launcher to the menu in a couple seconds. Now I have maybe 20 seconds of blank screen.

In game seems to be about the same as 2.04 was. Still plenty of hangs when dropping out of SC, requiring me to crash out and restart. Annoying is it has cost me a few Cr for missed missions, and fines gained as a result of now carrying 'Stolen' goods.

I never actyally had any of the loading issues, but now the game loads much faster and the pause when leaving SC is shorter. Great job on that.

Michael Brookes

Game Director
Yes having the same problem here but the spinning sidewinder is still spinning and it's ten mins, I've shut it down once and run it again but still spinning...

There's a known issue if you own a larger ship and it's trying to load into a station (or more likely an outpost) which cannot support the ship. The only workaround for this (at the moment) is to reset your save.

Michael

After around 2-3 hours play last night, I can say that entering and exiting SC was significantly quicker for me.

When I first entered the game, I was docked, but the space station was invisible - haven't had that bug for a while so maybe related?

There's a known issue if you own a larger ship and it's trying to load into a station (or more likely an outpost) which cannot support the ship. The only workaround for this (at the moment) is to reset your save.

Michael

Oh...that's good to know. Better stay away from the big boys then! :D

BTW...is it a known issue that selecting and seeing other players on the scanner is only possible at extremely short distances (300m).

Not always...but it has happened a lot for me lately which has given me the impression of being alone in the instances all the time while in reality there might be several other players flying around all around me.

I have ticketed it, but I could also make a video showing the behavior I guess.

Also...could you head over here and clarify if my suspicion is correct? :)
http://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?p=856934#post856934

Last edited:
I ran 2.04 with maybe one lockup every 4 hours. 2.05 comes in, the first 3 jumps I had to re-start game due to freezing, been warped away from stations when closing to dock (Styx.. had to drop from open to solo to land), lockups even in stations when I couldn't accept bulletin board missions. For me the update to fix these issues made them much much worse for me.

I couldn't get in game again so I thought I'd join up & look on here!

I've been having load up troubles since I got on to 2.05 (being unable to get into the solo game), plus hanging issues when in Frameshift and Supercruise, I've had my docking requests timing out, appearing in a static space beneath the station whilst docked (it happened right after buying a new ship), the docking pad not activating when approached, sudden loss of control inside the docking area (it was kinda like I'd lost flight assist and became a bouncy ball inside the space station, resulting in my fiery ball of death), the docking pad not releasing me when I go to launch... and I've witnessed an Orbis space station shift orientation by about 90 degrees and back before disappearing into a puff of smoke all while I was approaching to dock. :eek:

I've also noticed Info messages being repeated several times, sometimes coming up long after the fact (usually something about my landing gear or silent running), and I get a notification that my atmosphere has been restored or my shields are on/offline when I come out of FS. Not really sure what that's about. I didn't get into ED until the day before 2.05 went active so I didn't get to play 2.04 much but I think that loading times were better on 2.04 and I didn't experience as much trouble with coming out of FS or SC. I also didn't experience any problems with the Solo game loading up until 2.05. Maybe I was just fortunate because I really didn't have any major issues in the 24 hours or so that I had on 2.04.

BTW I'd like to thank the devs for all their hard work and thank goodness that all this trouble is being dealt with on the Beta. I'd be seriously upset if all this stuff happened on the final release.

Strange things afoot at Ryman dock in Hepa.

Took 15 mins to get out of Frame Shift. I left it just to see if it recovered and was amazed when it did.

Also it did the spacestation goes missing whilst docked bug, and there is a strange flashing square in the middle of the console whilst docked.

As in 2.04, I still can not access bulletin boards and get disconnected with a "could not connect to server" message :(. This is something very strange about the network as I can connect to anything ... but not the bulletin boards. Even stranger, in 2.04, one day I could access the BB and not the day after. At the moment with 2.05 I have had no luck with BB since yesterday.
Fingers crossed :cool:!

Spent yesterday playing, the biggest problem was being stuck in hyperspace - had to ctrl-alt-del to close the game,

Now the biggest problem I have, since late last night I haven't been able to join a game - I click open play, then I get a spinning sidewinder, went to bed thinking it'd be fixed this morning - but it's still screwed ;_;

2.05 may have made connection worst for some players. I am experiencing eternal hyper space tunnel that never ends. Althought certain system that crashes in 2.04 when I try to jump to now works fine. Certain bugs are killed but some other came around to live again.

Great job ED! I'm enjoying the testing - the only bugs I've found have already been identified by your Technical splash page!

The supercruise loading is about 5% faster for me but there still is that "pause" between modes that takes away from it. The other people who have major network issues waiting may have seen more improvement. I play offline so its been decent but still unacceptable.

We might as well be loading the old everquest zones when whenever we enter/exit supercruise.

I'll tell you this though the station did pop up faster. Its just the whole appearing out of thin air thing that sort of takes away from it all. The entering part is a tad bit snappier but the way the hud interface pops in still makes it feel like you just loaded something instead of blasted into another form of travel.

I'm still laughing at all the people who said the current supercruise was a placeholder.

I think if they are keeping these "modes" a really good transition needs to be made maybe where its like exiting hyperspace where the station zooms up to you like the star does and the supercruise interface shuts off flickering like the old tube of a television as it flickers out. Something like that.

I'm still laughing at all the people who said the current supercruise was a placeholder.

The transition probably still is. (As well as many of the features while travelling around in it that hasn't been implemented yet.)

Before they mask it with something similar to what you (and me) have suggested in this thread they probably want to see how low they can get the loading times though...when they know that they also know roughly how long this transition needs to be to make it feel natural.

Hello everyone. Just another thank you on behalf of the dev team for filling out tickets, and all the feedback you've sent our way. We look at every post and comment, so keep them coming our way.

If at all in doubt, fill out another ticket.

The team is still hard at work ironing out bugs and other problems, so thanks for your patience during this testing process.

Thanks again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom