Patch Notes Update Beta Update 1.04 Now Available

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Oh? Tell me more about hoe you have any right to determine what we should and shouldn't be hearing. Lol

People...people... The individuals working on the net code are , almost without a doubt, NOT the people painting ships. How hard is that to understand? Sorry to be a jerk but...come on...

Time will tell.

Oh? Tell me more about hoe you have any right to determine what we should and shouldn't be hearing. Lol

People...people... The individuals working on the net code are , almost without a doubt, NOT the people painting ships. How hard is that to understand? Sorry to be a jerk but...come on...

WHAT? :eek: There are more people working on it than Braben and his partner?

Exactly, and TBH if they had artist working on netcode then things might be different, and not in a good way.

I think you missed his point? I believe he was pointing out for nearly a week now some people have found the game unreliable and almost unplayable. Assuming the problem is in the net code you have to wonder why there is talk about such trivial matters such as paint jobs when there's more immediate and pressing problems staring us in the face.

Then there's the matter of why there is seemingly no help, advice or general information forthcoming from FD?

Exactly, and TBH if they had artist working on netcode then things might be different, and not in a good way.

Ha, now that would be fun to see!

Are they planning on releasing a Beta 2?
On this build ive encountered more users at stations and in supercruise, which makes it a little more interesting, and last nights game I didn't have one crash which was ace. Maybe my interwebs jumped up some speed and helped out?

I think you missed his point? I believe he was pointing out for nearly a week now some people have found the game unreliable and almost unplayable. Assuming the problem is in the net code you have to wonder why there is talk about such trivial matters such as paint jobs when there's more immediate and pressing problems staring us in the face.

Then there's the matter of why there is seemingly no help, advice or general information forthcoming from FD?

Could it simply be that they're still working on it?

I think that the marketing folks (or whomever) are probably putting out the releases for things which do exist and can be used. Imagine the reaction on the boards if FDEV released a statement saying that they're not sure, yet, how to fix the problems but they're working on it; I don't think the reaction from the masses would be too favourable. There'd be hundreds of posts saying "they don't know how to make games so I'm quitting!!!" or "don't bother telling us that you don't know, tell us when you DO know!!!" (with all of the required exclamation marks).

In my extremely humble opinion, we should just believe that they know what the issues are (if as many people who have complained have raised a ticket about it, they will definitely know!) and are in the process of fixing it. I've not been a backer from the start, but it looks like FDEV don't like giving out any news but good news and that's fine with me.

Patience, young padawans...

Could it simply be that they're still working on it?

The userbase believes there's a problem. The user base is doing all manner of things to work out what, where the problem is, including measures like uninstalling the entire game and re-installing etc etc.

And yet, we've not (in the course of nearly a week) heard a single word in the form of advice or help from FD.

So as regards you're question, could it simply be they are still working on it? You tell me... because they're currently not... :S

It's frustrating so many people are wasting so much time because seemingly a single sentence can't be posted to update the user base.

ps: Personally I'm not very affected by the issue as I can still play fairly well... But I can imagine how frustrating it is for people who can't play, and are none-the-wiser where things stand after nigh on a week of this.

Last edited:
The user base has, since Alpha 1.0, complained about lack of updates or communication from FD. It's nothing new, and nothing to get upset about.

I can't see why people don't just chill out and have some patience.

If you're having problems that stop you from even launching B1.04, then sure I agree there's reason to complain, but moaning and being rude about it isn't going to get it fixed any faster.

if as many people who have complained have raised a ticket about it, they will definitely know! and are in the process of fixing it.
Patience, young padawans...

Really?

I raised the server disconnect issue back in August (1.03), two days ago I get a notification it is closed (not fixed) and if I still have problems in 1.04 to raise another one.

It was quite clear on the forums after 1.04 was released the server issues are still there. :S

If you're having problems that stop you from even launching B1.04, then sure I agree there's reason to complain
There's seemingly users who are basically in this situation with the game due to it being so unreliable etc,

but moaning
You're not confusing moaning with pointing out the obvious are you? People have been suffering for nigh on a week, and are trying all manner of things and to second guess the problem, when a single official sentence or two would help.

Pointing this out isn't moaning, it's simply stating the obvious surely?

being rude about it isn't going to get it fixed any faster.
I haven't seen anyone being rude? Got a link?

Again, I'm not really affected by the current issue(s), so consider me simply an observer. I'll be logging on in a couple of hours and suspect I'll have a nice healthly hour or two in the game :)

The Union Jack flag paint job should be an interesting subject soon as the dark blue represents that part of the UK that is called Scotland and may soon be a foreign country.

Be a bit awkward on the paint job if the background of the "Jack" becomes a different colour which no doubt it will if Scotland become foreign.

Perhaps once we know what colour it will be if the vote goes for independence,:rolleyes: those with the old colours will get a new paint job free.

The Union Jack flag paint job should be an interesting subject soon as the dark blue represents that part of the UK that is called Scotland and may soon be a foreign country.

Be a bit awkward on the paint job if the background of the "Jack" becomes a different colour which no doubt it will if Scotland become foreign.

Perhaps once we know what colour it will be if the vote goes for independence,:rolleyes: those with the old colours will get a new paint job free.

Well could also be a rare flag ... :)

Indeed I agree its Beta, and expectations should be modified accordingly, but to me it seems that we have been beta testing this for a while now, and the result is pretty clear to all - the netcode does not work. So now we should be hearing about what is plan B. Not "hey guys come and buy a nice paint job"

From Ben Parry Graphic Programmer:

True facts: The paint job work wasn't a (huge) tech risk, but it was a dependency risk. Did you notice the ships seem higher resolution after they get paint jobs too? They're running new shaders that forced a lot of retexturing work on the art team, so we had to get it done ASAP.

In other words there are reasons why it was important/sensible to do it when they did.

Hi all - since installing the new update 1.0.4 my computer crashes every time I enter warp space when attempting to get to another system . I had no problems like this in version 1.0.3 . the game freezes and I have to use the control panel to exit the game . I've been playing for 20 minuets and it's crashed 6 times (every time I load the game and try to warp to Dahan) is anyone else having this problem - I canny continue to test play like this any more :(
System Specs
AW17
i7 4910mq cpu@4.1Ghz
GTX880m 8GB
16(4x4)GB Ram@1600Mhz
750GB DW HDD@7200rpm
120Hz Screen

I have the latest drivers from Nvidia and I use System Mechanic by iolo to keep my system optimised.

go back to previous nVidia driver , I had the same but figured it out by changing Geforce 660 Ti drivers ( drivers 337.88 are better than new one )

Sorry if this has come up in another thread but have started to get this
problem.

When coming out of SC losing 50% of my hull and all my shields now this
has happened at Wyrd and I had not had any battles or anything else just
dropped out of SC and smash "warning shields off line" and I have had
other times when coming out of SC at various stations had sounds of
things smashing into the hull but not causing any damage. I have raised a ticket just in case...

Has anyone else had this and if the know what is hitting me how can I
avoid it...

Sorry if this has come up in another thread but have started to get this....Has anyone else had this and if the know what is hitting me how can I
avoid it...

I haven't seen this but the current build seems to have a whole raft of problems so I would raise a ticket if I were you :).

1.04 is by far the worst build for me I still cannot even play solo play as server errors and disconnects stop me from performing many in game functions like outfitting,trading,system jumps (yes even in solo:( ) so I guess I shall have to await an update :( ,hope It's soon ;), and not "soon™"

LOL. You fell for it.

Good job fellas.

Will the online store content be updated with the new Viper paint jobs later today ?

More stuff to buy than content included in the beta at the moment. Sounds like they need to work more on the game content than trying to get us to buy more content online.

I think FD are probably developing and expanding their back end server infrastructure, hence problems with outfitting for people and a galaxy server reboot a couple of weeks ago, both of which were caused by server problems, not client (v1.04) ones.

I'd speculate that the server changes are necessary for future changes to accommodate Beta 2 and beyond.

I think the fact that 1.04 (which is of course client-side, not server-side) has dropped is largely irrelevant to the current issues, and it'll be their database servers and hosting side that is the cause of user woes.

I think FD are probably developing and expanding their back end server infrastructure, hence problems with outfitting for people and a galaxy server reboot a couple of weeks ago, both of which were caused by server problems, not client (v1.04) ones.

I'd speculate that the server changes are necessary for future changes to accommodate Beta 2 and beyond.

I think the fact that 1.04 (which is of course client-side, not server-side) has dropped is largely irrelevant to the current issues, and it'll be their database servers and hosting side that is the cause of user woes.

I agree. That fact that all the issues (for me) go away in solo mode testify to this. I doubt we will see any new releases till they sort their backend stuff out.

I agree. That fact that all the issues (for me) go away in solo mode testify to this. I doubt we will see any new releases till they sort their backend stuff out.

I gave up on ED at least until the release. Maybe if the SB2 (if it ever gets released) will bring substantial content, I'll have another go. For now I have a lot more gameplay from Space Engine, which is free, and has billion places to go.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom