Beta Update 6

Oh yes, you read that right... another patch has been released fellow coaster fans! This update is about 2.3GB, so ready those internet-pipes.

Below are the changes.

• Audio mix pass.

Could a Dev explain to made what the audio mix pass change has done? I have 100% custom music (.ogg) in my park and I seem to notice a increase in quality or is that just placebo effect? [woah]

Last edited:
What exactly is:

Audio mix pass.
Tuned texture streaming system.

Thanks

I would like to know also.... I noticed that some wall have an extra colorable area. really nice, might be the Tuned texture streaming system. I guess...
For the audio, I'm listening to the music right now ^^ will check that later.

Texture streaming is a technique used in a lot of game engines to reduce resource usage. Put simply, it's loading and unloading textures based on when it does or doesn't need them. That's the cause (I'm assuming, anyway, based on evidence) of the random low resolution textures that happen in the game sometimes - something in the streaming system must be screwed up, and so this update is an attempt at fixing it.

Last edited:
Texture streaming is a technique used in a lot of game engines to reduce resource usage. Put simply, it's loading and unloading textures based on when it does or doesn't need them. That's the cause (I'm assuming, anyway, based on evidence) of the random low resolution textures that happen in the game sometimes - something in the streaming system must be screwed up, and so this update is an attempt at fixing it.

Thanks man, finally ^^

Interestingly, my audio seems to have sorted itself out (touch wood) with this update.

msebastiancbr - have you tried validating the Steam cache files via the properties box in Steam when right-clicking the game title?

Shane

Top Bottom