Better SRV Keyboard Control

A simple change would make using the SRV with a keyboard much more controllable. Add forward and reverse controls that work like thrusters do on the ships when you use your keyboard. That way we can either go full out, or just tap for different lengths to get the speed we want. The current way forces us to keep track of where the throttle is on the screen rather than just intuitively holding forward or backward and lifting off the throttle as required.

I tried turning it off and it doesn't appear to have any bearing on how the throttle operates. I want it to work just like thrusters do in keyboard mode: instantly 100% on if you have the button pressed, and instantly 100% off once you lift off the button. That way I can control speed by holding down and letting go of the accelerate/decelerate button rather than having to watch where the throttle is. It's just much easier for me to do it by feel.

Disregard my last. I didn't realize drive assist only turns off if you hold the button down. When I set it to off by default, it works as I desire. Thanks for the suggestion!

Top Bottom