Patch Notes Update Beyond - Chapter Four 3.3 - Patch Notes

Amazing the server says [OK]! CLEARLY still having issues, what is this nonsense? Server issues is Elite Dangerous biggest problem and has been since the release of the game. Why not go and fix it already? Hiring kids from school won't cut it, obviously!

Nice...very professional post. <shakes head>

Last edited by a moderator:
this is not just the update
this is plain and simple incompetence
somebody does not know what he is doing

and the biggest problem where the changes in the past
FD lost allot of players and so they cut down on the cost (servers, staff)
even some devs stepped out all because of the policy and the changes
and it will get worse with this pvp play and a none time efficiency game

more and more will leave the game
not to speak of the negative publicity that go's arround in the game community

Are there any OFFICIAL ANSWERS on what is going on with AWS?????[where is it]
Where they are? Where is their SORRY??? Where is my Python to compensate all my negative experience???

if by AWS you mean Amazon Web Services, nothing is wrong there .. you'd know for sure if any serious production problem was impacting any of their services, you'd hear about it on your local news even.

https://status.aws.amazon.com/ - 100% green as usual, and that's with gazillions of probes.

It's more likely a misuse of aws components, or (most likely) a yet-partial use of aws by Frontier.

Otherwise we would NEVER run into capacity problems like the one we had for 24+ hours.

this is not just the update
this is plain and simple incompetence
somebody does not know what he is doing

and the biggest problem where the changes in the past
FD lost allot of players and so they cut down on the cost (servers, staff)
even some devs stepped out all because of the policy and the changes
and it will get worse with this pvp play and a none time efficiency game

more and more will leave the game
not to speak of the negative publicity that go's arround in the game community

People have said this about the game since even before it was released and yet here we are.

Thanks to Frontier for 732 hours fun. 0,06€ per hour + updates and free content 3 years after release. Take the time to fix the servers ;)

Last edited:
My client let me into the game but no connection. I did the validate files in the launcher, and now my menu is back in the launcher. Maybe if you are waiting, validate your files anyhow. Might fix it. Might not.

As a MMO gamer i am used to "never play on patch day"
<random mmo title> had Server issues after every patch/update/addon.
Some handled it better (meaning faster), some handled it worse.
But it's always the same complaining. As a matter of fact, Elite Community is the most patient i've seen so far.

Yesterday, sure i tried but gave up and went watching a movie.
Today I cept watching my son while my wife spent hours playing Elite. She enjoyed it and I just thought to myself "yeah, when she's going to bed i have some hours playing too"
And now … damn it... At least I could play 1 hour until servers crashed again.

Nevertheless, I am annoyed and a bit frustrated, because of course I want to play now, going to explore with my ASP Explorer- which I think is much more fun now - trade some goods in my Type-9, cash in some bounties… and everything else I like about the diversity of that game my wife got me into.

28 hours after launch (could be the title of the 28 Franchise) still those ummm issues (or maybe new ones?) is a bit hmmm lets say poor judgement of server stability.

Sure, an official statement would be at least nice to read. What's the problem lads? But in my mmo expirience the development folks are keeping their heads down and wont tell us anything because they couldn't localise the problems theirselves.

So guys, lets get out and scream: "Error 37 again!!!!111" ;)

Greetings - i am going to watch a movie again (or maybe going to sleep to be able to play before sunset … if servers are working …)

Still kinda waiting on a fix for the hotas on the ps4. While I could try rebinding a hundred or so mappings, I've read on twitter from those who were playing the game, then suddenly losing control cause everything got wiped in game. So why put in the effort if there's the risk of that?

The silence regarding a fix is deafening but its by far the best VR game experience out there. Sure I want to play it now but thats just going to have to wait until the issues are resolved. Throw us a bone however and just acknowledge the problem and say something like" we are working on it"

Hi folks :)

I've installed the new version of the game Launcher and downloaded the game.
When I click on play I get this....
"The program can't start because MSVCP140.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem"

Any advice welcome! :(

Jack :)

Hi Jack...I had a very similar problem … see my bug report, but more importantly the cure for me... down the page.

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/463131-Missing-Dll-causing-unable-to-play

Hope it helps.

o7

The silence regarding a fix is deafening but its by far the best VR game experience out there. Sure I want to play it now but thats just going to have to wait until the issues are resolved. Throw us a bone however and just acknowledge the problem and say something like" we are working on it"

Hey are you playing on Oculus or Steam...Cause im having the same issue. My problem is Oculus wont install the patch. At first I thought it was an Oculus problem, but Its definitely FDev....Were you able to at least install the update? please let me know if you did anything differently.

Most of the "we are working on it" have been on Reddit and Twitter but there was this post from Paige a few minutes before yours.

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/463930-Server-Turbulence-12-December-2018

Top Bottom