News Beyond - Chapter Four - Beta is live!

I hope ​that's yoghurt.

You naughty person, you!
I know what you're getting at...
No, the other thing in the shower tray isn't left-over silicon sealant from when the bath was water-proofed. That stuff is kept in one of the upper cupboards with the tins of beans and the pasta.
Regards,
o7

You naughty person, you!
I know what you're getting at...
No, the other thing in the shower tray isn't left-over silicon sealant from when the bath was water-proofed. That stuff is kept in one of the upper cupboards with the tins of beans and the pasta.
Regards,
o7

Not with the vaseline?

Nope, you can't safely assume that. Some worked fine in FSS, and continued in their original non-FSS binding when I exited FSS. Others worked fine in FSS, but when I exited FSS the original non-FSS binding was gone/overwritten.

Thanks. Sounds like a bug - unless you can realistically do the other things while in FSS mode. I don't have enough HOTAS buttons w/o using overrides, or combo button presses that will cause other problems.

Not with the vaseline?

I don't have any Vas, but if I did I wouldn't keep them together.
Imagine confusing the two!
What hair I have would be stuck up like that scene from 'There's Something About Mary'.
If you do have both I would sincerely recommend you label them clearly (and perhaps in Braille, too).
Regards,
o7

Thanks. Sounds like a bug - unless you can realistically do the other things while in FSS mode. I don't have enough HOTAS buttons w/o using overrides, or combo button presses that will cause other problems.

Yeah, I'd imagine it is a bug (one was an analog axis, the other was a 'button' perhaps the distinction is there?) but likewise, even with a HOTAS I was struggling to map everything. I just gave up and tested other elements of the game!

I've got my HOTAS setup for FSS - joystick axes for pitch/yaw, and various other knobs and twiddles for the other parts of the UI. A touch cumbersome, but works.

Cheers for the promising info. I tried binding them but it says there's a conflict with ones I already use with the UI. I'll shall see what happens when I tweak the settings. :)

It has been a long while since I posted here...just a bit longer than my hiatus from the game

Anyway...I just wanted to let you know that I spent hours last night just exploring...for no credit to my prod account. I found the mechanics intuitive and (once I figured the best way to bind everything) easy to use. Most importantly, I was having fun! The additions within the survey mode have changed my entire outlook on this game and I'll be setting off to the dark reaches of the galaxy when this hits prod servers. I can also see myself getting back into mission running and signal source hunting with my Cobra Mk II now that a lot of the trial and error has been removed.

All in all, this update, unlike the others this year, has gotten me back in the Commander's chair.

I don't have any Vas, but if I did I wouldn't keep them together.
Imagine confusing the two!
What hair I have would be stuck up like that scene from 'There's Something About Mary'.
If you do have both I would sincerely recommend you label them clearly (and perhaps in Braille, too).
Regards,
o7

Hands up, any other cycle tourists who have confused their toothpaste with their Sudocreme at a campsite bathroom, and let us utter a Beano-style "Groo!" in unison.

And ey up, Monk, good to have you back. Same story here.

Anyone got any idea how too fire probes? or even were they are ? using a X52pro... I cant seem too find any mention in options controls were the bind is.....

Maybe I'm missing something, but I feel that planets with detected surface features should be clearly marked in the system map for easy selection without having to memorize them or trying to find them again in the scanner. Also, sometimes the scan for surface features gets stuck in "Scanning".

EDIT: okay, apparently the scanning process sometimes takes a lot longer, depending on the number of features present. Not stuck after all. ;)

Last edited:
Beta Server Status

How do I access the Beta, cause I am not seeing an option to get into the servers. I am using PC and the Oculus Rift

How do I access the Beta, cause I am not seeing an option to get into the servers. I am using PC and the Oculus Rift
Did you buy it through Oculus store?

If you did, start in "Desktop" mode and in the list of versions "Elite Dangerous: Horizons", "Arena" etc, scroll down and you'll see "Open Beta (3.3)".

Release date on all platforms

Frontier,
I know the beta for chapter 4 is already out, but do you think you could notify everyone of the actual release date soon? I don't think I have the mental capacity to wait any longer.

Thanks,
Luke

Maybe I'm missing something, but I feel that planets with detected surface features should be clearly marked in the system map for easy selection without having to memorize them or trying to find them again in the scanner.....
same for bio-/geo-sites! Additional marker (same as "landable") in Nav-Tab would be perfect. On Bodies with some 40 geo and 10 bio-sites it is impossible to keep track which you visited already<an additional="" marker="" [like="" the="" one="" for="" "landable")="" in="" nav-tab="" would="" do="" as="" well="" -="" same="" bio-="" &="" geo-sites="" to="" be="" marked="" after="" adding="" codex.="" on="" bodies="" with="" some="" 40+="" geo="" and="" 1ß="" bio-sites="" its="" is="" impossible="" keep="" track="" which="" have="" been="" visited="" by="" cdr="" already<="" html=""></an>

Top Bottom