News Beyond - Chapter Four - Beta Update (Week 2)

Does anyone know how beta is supposed to work this time? Will the next beta also include fixes of stuff we reported, at all? Or is this going to happen after the last 'feature-beta' is launched?

Some bug fixes, especially the visual ones would be very cool, but i don't know how this beta is structured - just hoping. Regardless, i can't wait to get my fingers on the new stuff :)

Beta

They are probably gathering analytics on how the new mechanics are working out. If its creating bugs in other parts of the game. I'm sure there are plenty of bugs still in the game so with all these added mechanics they need to make sure its reasonably stable for its projected launch whenever that is.

They listen to our feedback during the beta and hopefully will make appropriate changes, things that wont give game breaking bugs at least.

Does anyone know how beta is supposed to work this time? Will the next beta also include fixes of stuff we reported, at all? Or is this going to happen after the last 'feature-beta' is launched?

Best thing is to approach the beta expecting the new stuff to be turned on, and the existing stuff to be the same. There may be some minor changes, but if you expect lots of changes to beta1 issues also expect to be disappointed.

I just want to know if the FSS is usable with this update, if you dont have a game controller or use keyboard and mouse. Or will this update only work on touchscreen?

Hi there,

The purpose of this beta update (1.01) is to address the most urgent crashes.

We'll be updating the beta next week, and will introduce be introducing new content (Mining and Squadrons) as well as numerous fixes and stability improvements.

More details about that will be available in next week's patch notes.
:D:D:D

I just want to know if the FSS is usable with this update, if you dont have a game controller or use keyboard and mouse. Or will this update only work on touchscreen?

It was fine in beta 1, and will be similar in beta 2. Best get on with getting on with it ;)

Best thing is to approach the beta expecting the new stuff to be turned on, and the existing stuff to be the same. There may be some minor changes, but if you expect lots of changes to beta1 issues also expect to be disappointed.

Your question is totally logical, it is expected that there will be things corrected so that both the new and what they already included will be tested. Even if it is beta, the tests we do (functional) also have to have the previous things corrected (regression tests). However, I suppose this has already been checked or will be checked by the development team and the QA team.

I just want to know if the FSS is usable with this update, if you dont have a game controller or use keyboard and mouse.

It basically works on everything except a controller with big drift while not having its own software such as TARGET to set a deadzone. I.e. literally everything other than poorly functioning controllers without any software support of its own. The chances of people getting what they want (in this case: ability to set deadzone in-game, use absolute as well as relative axes) is higher when you accurately describe it without drama and hyperbole.

And I am typing this for everyone but morlock, as he puts people on ignore who tell him this. :p

Heh, will do. But it is not as much about disappointment (beta aint for general fun anyway) but to know whether I should further log issues when they aren't fixed yet, or just wait for them to fix it later.

Sounds like bad bindings. Have you tried the default options?

He explained he tried absolute axes (throttle) and relative sliders with large drift (cant set the deadzone in-game yet, so needs to set deadzone in the device's software or something like VJoy). He doesn't want to bind it anywhere else such as buttons, doesn't want to use anything else, doesn't want to use other software to set a deadzone.

Its a bit of a self-created issue in part, but FD could actually easily solve it for him. But if he keeps throwing blanket 'everyything broken diz suxxorz!' claims he runs the risk of FD not understanding it.

Sounds like bad bindings. Have you tried the default options?

Has anyone got a view of those default bindings? For some reason I only had blanks and I've done some configuring for my X52 but would be good to compare to someone who knows what they are doing.

Will we see a beta tick coming back also ? Since it has disapeared since saturday... A little tough to test BGS mechanics without it. Just saying.

Top Bottom