News Beyond - Chapter Four - Beta Update (Week 3)

Just to clarify...

Do we know if this update is "just" new stuff or will it incorporate revisions to things presented in previous betas?

I realise that might sound a bit snarky. It isn't meant to be. :eek:
I'm just wondering if there'll be any changes to look out for, as well as playing with new stuff.

Changes such as adding body count to the main HUD after firing off the system scanner? :D

Just to clarify...

Do we know if this update is "just" new stuff or will it incorporate revisions to things presented in previous betas?

I realise that might sound a bit snarky. It isn't meant to be. :eek:
I'm just wondering if there'll be any changes to look out for, as well as playing with new stuff.

Noone knows, but I expect we'll see a bunch of bugfixes. Given the next stream is about mining, they probably want to have that in a presentable, non-dev magic, build.

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
Noone knows, but I expect we'll see a bunch of bugfixes. Given the next stream is about mining, they probably want to have that in a presentable, non-dev magic, build.

The next stream is going to be a massive frag fest :D

I'd love to try get something set up so we can lay charges on Asteroids and then Ed and Will have to fly through them just after they detonate!

Hello Commanders,

We’re pleased to announce when the next set of beta content for Beyond - Chapter Four will be deployed to the beta server!

We will bring the beta servers down at 10:00 (UTC) on 14 November. Following the update, the beta server will be live at approximately 11:00 (UTC) on 14 November. There is a chance that this could run over, so we really appreciate your patience. As usual with these updates we'll keep you as up to date as possible.

As we've said previously, in order to focus the public testing on specific aspects of Beyond - Chapter Four, we will be unlocking different content over a number of different weeks. You can find out the beta content schedule here:

With this week's update, the new content you'll be able to test includes:

The changes coming with the Beyond - Chapter Four update are some of the biggest we've seen this year, so we would encourage you to help us iron out the kinks by leaving feedback in our dedicated beta forum section. This feedback is incredibly valuable for our team and will help us overcome any unforeseeable issues and bugs ahead of Beyond - Chapter Four's launch!

To take part in the beta, all you'll need to do is load up the launcher and select (and update) the following product: Elite Dangerous - Horizons - Beta (3.3). Once that has been completed, you'll then have access to the Beyond - Chapter Four beta. If this hasn't appeared, please restart your launcher.

If you'd like information as the beta progresses, you can also subscribe to our Beyond - Chapter Four Beta newsletter by clicking here.

We can't wait to hear what you think of the new ships in the Beyond - Chapter Four beta!

Thanks. Looking forward to take the Krait Phantom for a test run!

The next stream is going to be a massive frag fest :D

They did a "mining" stream which didn't actually show anybody successfully mining anything and a "ships" stream where the most exciting moment was seeing the Executive Producer of ED doing his best to plant a spaceship in a planet's surface.

What else we get to see is anybody's guess.

So week 4 is just testing? Did they talk about week 4 on the livestream or is it a little secret ?

...I hope it's a secret :p

Will the Mamba heat issue been addressed??

Will some of the 52 +pages of beta bugs been addressed

All in order to actually test the beta...& report back, Frontier you communication is still lacking peeps??!!

Have you flown it, to see how it handles in SC? Have you looked out of the cockpit to see what the view is like?

I'd be more concerned if Frontier have actually flow it I understand some of us are beta testers but I would like to think Frontier do some basic testing???

They did a "mining" stream which didn't actually show anybody successfully mining anything and a "ships" stream where the most exciting moment was seeing the Executive Producer of ED doing his best to plant a spaceship in a planet's surface.

Forum avatar checks out. :D

Just to clarify a question regarding "Week 4", that will be a 4th full week of testing with nothing new other than bug fixes correct? Or is it the end date of the beta period, as in only 3 full weeks of testing?

My Concern is why are they NOT bug fixing as we go.. that spells disaster to me.

So you’re not addressing any of the feedback on mining payouts and balancing or anything else in this patch?

as with the exploration, I would say the payouts are placeholders. HOWEVER, the mechanics do need to be adjusted as the streamer Down To Earth Astronomy demonstrated in testing. You need to get more materials for the work, and level, of mining than you currently do. By getting more materials on each level of mining, then you will make more credits faster.

Thanks to the team!

So you didn't sneak in a dedicated Exploration or Mining ship then???

No new SRVs???

*cough*

giphy.gif

Edit: Though based on stats that we see in the wild right now, the Phantom may be the new Exploration ship and the MKII is actually a pretty darn good miner. Sure, you don't get a huge amount of tons per trip (128 in the setup I've been running for beta), but you can fit all of the tools and it can move around the rings quite quickly. It will, at the least, be a superb mission miner.

Sounds like they successfully mined salt, once again.

Last edited:
Top Bottom