Patch Notes Update Beyond - Chapter Four - Beta (Week 1 / 1.01)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.

Will Flanagan

Product Manager
Frontier
Hello Commanders,

We've updated the beta with a small patch this morning. Please find the details below:

Modules

• Detailed Surface Scanner no longer draws power

Crashes/Stability/Performance

• Fixed a crash that could occur when zooming in to a body in FSS mode
  • Fixed a crash that could occur whilst firing probes
  • Fixed a crash that could occur when opening the system map

oh good. that first one is what I was waiting for. It broke my exploration ship build and I wasn't able to do any testing until the DSS power issue was fixed.

Hmmm Avast ironically reporting a 'dangerous file' with "EliteDangerous64.exe" since the patch. Anyone else ?

EDIT: Am actually having to uninstall my AV now as it will NOT stop flagging this file even with the option for it to do so turned off ! I cannot get into the game at all.

Last edited:

Paige Harvey

Community Manager
Hey there CMDR Rusty Dog,

We'll see what we can do to sort this on our end, let us know if you have any further trouble once Avast is uninstalled.

Hmmm Avast ironically reporting a 'dangerous file' with "EliteDangerous64.exe" since the patch. Anyone else ?

EDIT: Am actually having to uninstall my AV now as it will NOT stop flagging this file even with the option for it to do so turned off ! I cannot get into the game at all.

Having repeated crash to desktops (2 x so far) trying to re-establish map route (galaxy map opens, start tracing plotted path) following patch install.
Will attempt to jump to another system direct from contact list to see if a new route fixes.

Will Flanagan

Product Manager
Frontier
any fix coming for the missing ambient chatter in CZs and scenarios? Theres lots of bug reports filled on it.

Hi there,

The purpose of this beta update (1.01) is to address the most urgent crashes.

We'll be updating the beta next week, and will introduce be introducing new content (Mining and Squadrons) as well as numerous fixes and stability improvements.

More details about that will be available in next week's patch notes.

Having repeated crash to desktops (2 x so far) trying to re-establish map route (galaxy map opens, start tracing plotted path) following patch install.
Will attempt to jump to another system direct from contact list to see if a new route fixes.

Having the same crashes, for me its whenever I enter the galaxy map at all. Essentially can't play until it's fixed.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom