Patch Notes Update Beyond - Chapter Four - Beta (Week 1 / 1.01)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
This patch seems to have introduced a crash when opening the Galaxy map. Someone else has created a bug report which I have added to.

No route in map following jumping to closest star, opening galaxy map crash to desktop, all crash reports sent.

Hmmm Avast ironically reporting a 'dangerous file' with "EliteDangerous64.exe" since the patch. Anyone else ?

EDIT: Am actually having to uninstall my AV now as it will NOT stop flagging this file even with the option for it to do so turned off ! I cannot get into the game at all.

Which version of Avast? Mine is happy. v28.7.2354 Virus Defs 181101-0

Insta-crash when looking at Galaxy map even after installing Beta 1.01.

Conditions: Open, Elite Dangerous: Horizons Open Beta 3.3, Shinrarta Dezhra, normal space (not in a station), Krait.

Hello Commanders,

We've updated the beta with a small patch this morning. Please find the details below:

Modules

• Detailed Surface Scanner no longer draws power

Crashes/Stability/Performance

• Fixed a crash that could occur when zooming in to a body in FSS mode
  • Fixed a crash that could occur whilst firing probes
  • Fixed a crash that could occur when opening the system map

I hit the upgrade button in the launcher and nothing happens. Launcher kinda freezes. Tried restarting the Laptop .. same problem.
Anyone else having issues ?

UPDATE .... now upgrading
damn gremlins lol

Last edited:
Did you guys fix the issue in the Deceit system that's keeping all of us docked there from leaving?

nope still isn't fixed, just got multiple crash to desktop launching game with my ship near deciat 6 A..... can't test further the beta due to this critical bug...

Modules

BOO. I understand why this has been done to help those that already have builds and are a long way from a station to do any kind of 'fix'. But I cannot see this as a positive.

Anyone else having issues with the galaxy map after this patch? EVery time I switch to it the game crashes now. I was in VR but also tried in non-VR. I get the same issue. I've sent a crash report but just wondered if anyone has seen this. Thanks.

LOL! Just read the post above...not just me then!

Hmmm Avast ironically reporting a 'dangerous file' with "EliteDangerous64.exe" since the patch. Anyone else ?

EDIT: Am actually having to uninstall my AV now as it will NOT stop flagging this file even with the option for it to do so turned off ! I cannot get into the game at all.

Had the same thing happen rustydog.
In your avast settings you can instruct avast to ignore E: D by selecting the path to the games exe. Don't know exactly where in the settings as I'm not at my pc though. Will try and edit this post when I get home.

Sir.Tj

The Moderator who shall not be Blamed....
Volunteer Moderator
Awesome patch release guys :p

(please don't hit me! ;) )

NV75ZUJ.jpg

Hello Commanders,

We've updated the beta with a small patch this morning. Please find the details below:

Modules

Crashes/Stability/Performance

• Fixed a crash that could occur when zooming in to a body in FSS mode
  • Fixed a crash that could occur whilst firing probes
  • Fixed a crash that could occur when opening the system map

Replaced with a 100% chance of CTD when loading galaxymap.

No less than four crashdumps submitted.

Now back to DCS.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom