Patch Notes Update Beyond - Chapter Four - Beta (Week 1 / 1.01)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Tried solo, private, open, horizon, non horizon, in VR and on flat screen, same issue each time, can get 1 second in game then instant crash to desktop.

Yikes, sorry to hear that - frustrating!

Not sure I get the non-Horizon point above though, I assumed there was only one version of the Beta? Is this a bug in the Live game for you too?

Not sure I get the non-Horizon point above though, I assumed there was only one version of the Beta? Is this a bug in the Live game for you too?

there is horizon and non horizon beta for me, tried both of them

BETA exists for both Horizons and Non-Horizons... and this Crash To Desktop when opening Galaxy Map was introduced to BETA only, with the small patch that FD sent out for BETA.

Hi Will,

It is no longer crashing for me. :)

I did also just update my graphics driver (nVidia) to the latest version as well but if anything was done at your end then it could also just be co-incidence.

Thanks!

Hello TorTorden,

Could you try restarting the game and letting us know if it resolves the problem please?

Anyone who is experiencing a CTD when loading the Galaxy Map should also try this.

Thank you for your patience.

Hello! Seems to be working now... here is what I did...

1) Closed the game
2) Closed the launcher
3) Started launcher
4) Started Horizons Beta

Now when I open Galaxy Map, no CTD.

Hello TorTorden,

Could you try restarting the game and letting us know if it resolves the problem please?

Anyone who is experiencing a CTD when loading the Galaxy Map should also try this.

Thank you for your patience.

Well, the restarting the game is kinda automatic. ;) Anyway, it seems fixed for me now. Did you sneaky s try something server-side? :)

Sometimes the launcher needs some time to restore files and sometimes windows is so stubborn that is uses the cached version of the file instead of the legit one. Race conditions can happen, I mean, restarting the game sometimes is not enough, you also need to wait a little for the files to 'settle'.

Update means the server has a different version than the client, but the launcher will still check all the local files and try to download any of them if missing or modified in background. Sometimes we just start the game from the launcher so quick that it happens before these files have been restored, that could explain why some issues might look random.

FD, could you please confirm this? maybe we need to wait a bit in the launcher before we start the game, specially in the beta build.

well I can say with all honesty that after 2 nights of fun my first beta experience looks to be over due to a silly update that refuse to even start, I have tried 2 or 3 times to try and get the update to download and it is still refusing to start just sits there telling me to update. guess I will playing on my main ps4 account tonight, shame because I was having so much fun with it. will keep trying and hope for the best

Sometimes the launcher needs some time to restore files and sometimes windows is so stubborn that is uses the cached version of the file instead of the legit one. Race conditions can happen, I mean, restarting the game sometimes is not enough, you also need to wait a little for the files to 'settle'.

Update means the server has a different version than the client, but the launcher will still check all the local files and try to download any of them if missing or modified in background. Sometimes we just start the game from the launcher so quick that it happens before these files have been restored, that could explain why some issues might look random.

FD, could you please confirm this? maybe we need to wait a bit in the launcher before we start the game, specially in the beta build.

I have massive Problems with the "live build" of the game. Mission Board doesn't load without errors and takes about 30 seconds. In Beta it takes 2-5 seconds and over 50 Missions available in live build 2-5 an error it could not connect to a server. If i accept a mission on the live build > could not connect to adjucation server > main menu. Or if i use "show on galaxy map" im not able to set a waypoint > error comunicate with server blah blah > main menu ... after i have deleted my save game on the beta the problems seem to be "solved" but only for the beta. Next thing i discovered is plotting a route on beta logged off and logged in to "live" ... same destination set.

Are you sure, that you have connected the Backendservers in the correct way? Live is unplayable at the moment for my commander and i don't wan't to delete the save game ... i let the client validate the game files on both "clients" beta and live. Nothing is changing. Beta runs good, live is unplayable. Should i file in a support ticket to check my savegame?

Good to hear. Thanks FDev!

Got question about my location thou...

I got to Sag A* just before the beta update. After loading 3.3 was thrown some 6kLy from it. When log in to older version, I'm back at Sag A* Can someone explain why is that happening?

The copy of your data used to create your beta identity was taken about a week or two before the beta launched, apart from creating that copy there is no link between the accounts so nothing you do in one will affect the other.

well I have been trying for over an hour and still won't upgrade keeps either doing nothing or has a complete blue bar and says working preparing for update. so I am just going to wait til after live stream and try then

Hmmm Avast ironically reporting a 'dangerous file' with "EliteDangerous64.exe" since the patch. Anyone else ?

EDIT: Am actually having to uninstall my AV now as it will NOT stop flagging this file even with the option for it to do so turned off ! I cannot get into the game at all.

I had this also but was able to bypass and run anyway, while sending a report to avast.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom