Patch Notes Update Beyond - Chapter Four - Beta (Week 2)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
How does this make nav beacons pointless? Scanning a nav beacon will still instantly give all scenario, USS and mission locations as well as filling in the system map information, for those that do not want to zip around the sky zooming in and out on every signal.

Its one less risk for traders now, and one less area to drop into.

Yeah. Makes sense too as it is now vital for most parts of the game. The only downside is that Nav beacons will become pointless again.

Nav Beacons now make all the USSes in the system instantly known to you.

So, they do have a vital use if you want to find those HGE signals faster :)

Edit : oh, ninja'd. Oh well, now I'm sure you know !

lol love this one for VR

Capped the frame rate whilst on the main menu to 90fps, to stop HMD's overheating

because an over heating VR HMD is exactly what you want strapped 1 inch from your eyeballs :)

i look forward to checking out tonight :)

thnaks

Jesus! :D

"Goodness gracious, eyeballs of fire!"

Hits a lot of the issues I had... I love this line "Balanced the dirt/scratches on the cockpit glass"...

I really like the dirt and scratches ....Getting near a star is like the movie 'Sunshine'.

But....I'd like the ability to 'clean' the dirt and scratches like refreshing the paint job in the 'advanced maintenance'.

All around great job FDEV!

Question:
With VR, some cases produced ocular fatigue with beta version 1.01, has it been corrected or is it under study?

How does this make nav beacons pointless? Scanning a nav beacon will still instantly give all scenario, USS and mission locations as well as filling in the system map information, for those that do not want to zip around the sky zooming in and out on every signal.

Doing the honk will give you the same information. Why spend 5 minutes getting to the Nav Beacon when you can get the information much quicker using the built in honk.

Nice patch notes. There's exactly one line I found to be missing:
- Increased the brightness for the blue HUD part (analysis mode) to be similar to the brightness of the (regular) orange HUD.
Alas, maybe next patch. This one thing, while seeming to be small, would be a huge thing for me. When flying in the beta, I keep changing UI brightness. When setting brightness to the same level as in the life game, the info on analysis mode becomes too dark and very hard to read. When setting brightness high enough so the analysis mode is readable, the orange is too bright and I experience eye strain.
Please, please, FD, fix this. Based on my experience the last days, this could be the very first and one thing which could break the game for me. :(

Nav beacons are quicker, but less detailed than FSS. Also nav beacons provide trade data without having to visit a station.

I doubt Nav beacons will be quicker as in civilised space we will have most of the information anyway shared from other commander when we honk. The trade data may be useful, but to be honest. I don't see how the nav beacon will be faster.

"Switched the Discovery Scanner to a built in module, that is fitted to all ships. This frees up a slot for players to use. Refunded credits too"

Wowzers.

Hello Commanders,

Exploration

• Switched the Discovery Scanner to a built in module, that is fitted to all ships. This frees up a slot for players to use. Refunded credits too

Now if we could just get system body count displayed on the main HUD after firing off the scanner without having to enter the FSS to see it, we'd be in great shape!

Nice patch notes. There's exactly one line I found to be missing:
- Increased the brightness for the blue HUD part (analysis mode) to be similar to the brightness of the (regular) orange HUD.
Alas, maybe next patch. This one thing, while seeming to be small, would be a huge thing for me. When flying in the beta, I keep changing UI brightness. When setting brightness to the same level as in the life game, the info on analysis mode becomes too dark and very hard to read. When setting brightness high enough so the analysis mode is readable, the orange is too bright and I experience eye strain.
Please, please, FD, fix this. Based on my experience the last days, this could be the very first and one thing which could break the game for me. :(
Make a bug report for it.

Is this Beta live? No update on my Launcher. Still showing Beta 3.3.
Not yet. 15:00 UTC

Switched the Discovery Scanner to a built in module, that is fitted to all ships. This frees up a slot for players to use. Refunded credits too

V84hFaK.gif

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom