Patch Notes Update Beyond - Chapter Four - Beta (Week 3)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Is there any hope FD will map directional controls to match existing key binding e.g. exploration, as the thought of re-mapping my keys yet again is such a turn off.

Never had an issue before but really, now we need map camera controls for exploration - at least I hope they allow us to use the same keys otherwise its just gonna eat into my playtime and give me another reason to wait this season out until all the other bugs are patched first before I dedicate time to key orientation classes.

Other than that a nice overhaul. I like the new exploration ui but it feels too simplistic, a bit sticky, as if its been bolted on, but that could be the additional keys that I now have to map talking.

Last edited:
There is a nice feature in Beta: they are marking the unused controls for the new stuff so it's easy to see what you need to add.

Yeah noticed that right away but it doesn't allow you to use existing keys. Such a fracking downer.
It is possible to edit the XML file directly, so set it up with say 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8, then edit the XML file. To setup the new FSS stuff, I just copied from the default controls XML file to my custom XML file.

Yes, a pain in the :xse, but better than nothing.

I wonder if they've fixed the heat issue in the Mamba with this new beta download. The thing flies nicely, but if I fire my two large laser cannons for more than 2-3 seconds, it turns into a toaster-oven! Makes it really difficult to bring down shields if you have to keep stopping firing to cool off.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom