Binds, I just don’t understand

I have Elite Dangerous Horizons and I play in VR with a Thrustmaster HOTAS X. I used to play a lot years ago and never had any problems. I use Crabs thrustmaster binds.

Ive come back to Elite today and had no issues, until I wanted to do some exploration. I need to add key binds for the DSS, but every time I update them, they just don’t save.

I’ve read threads on here about renaming files etc and none of it has worked.

can someone please explain what is happening and why the settings I am changing aren’t being persisted?
To be clear I am a very technically able person with 10 years in software development. I am by no means unable to follow the instructions in the pinned thread - but the instructions there are not resolving this issue

And it’s probably worth mentioning it’s an actual joke that this issue even exists and Frontier need to up their game big time it’s a joke

So to totally make it clear. I’ve literally installed the game, added the crab binds file to the bindings directory, gone into the game, chosen it, changed the DSS control bindings, clicked save… and then when I reopen it they aren’t saved.

Why it's frontier's fault that you are using a custom setup from 2015 that is not working probably since 2017?
What do you mean? So are you suggesting I should not use it, wipe all the binds and manually reconfigure everything myself…? As I say all of the binds work fine… it’s just updating anything that fails… and it doesn’t ‘fail’ per se. I change stuff and the UI says it’s there and if I hit apply it says it’s saved and then I reopen it and it’s just not actually saved.

So to totally make it clear. I’ve literally installed the game, added the crab binds file to the bindings directory, gone into the game, chosen it, changed the DSS control bindings, clicked save… and then when I reopen it they aren’t saved.

i have kb + 18 button mouse.
I did configured my own binds without resorting to any custom files made by someone else that is probably no longer playing for 3-4 years already and is no longer supporting that custom file.

And it works.

What do you mean? So are you suggesting I should not use it, wipe all the binds and manually reconfigure everything myself…? As I say all of the binds work fine… it’s just updating anything that fails… and it doesn’t ‘fail’ per se. I change stuff and the UI says it’s there and if I hit apply it says it’s saved and then I reopen it and it’s just not actually saved.

Basically yes.
I do suggest to make your own binds, based on your own playstyle.

Or try to find some new binds working with the latest versions of Elite (Control Scheme is v3.0 for Horizons and for Odyssey is v4.0)

Top Bottom