Blue galaxy?

Anyone know what this is?
3Tf5njV.png

Closeup
tzVL5No.png

Macros.... is it... no, it can't be! No one told me Raxxla would be so blue!!
/jk

Tbh I've seen so many similar tiny nebulas around the galmap, looking just exactly like that and exactly with that shape. Mostly they werent really easily visible on the galmap without zooming in real close on the grid. Have you spend some time looking around that grid? Also you could, guessing you're in a big jumper ship, try to take a reference to that shape to something, for example those other galaxies or to the galactic plane, then travel vertically upwards/downwards or such for a couple hundered years and see if it stays relatively stationary to that referance or the distance between that and the referance increases/decrases. That might be a way to get an idea if it's some sort of an image on our skybox- I mean, some galaxy too far away to see it move or something that changes positions. That's all I could think of to help Im afraid.

Yes, spent some time in Galmap; could not locate it as a nebula, however that could just be a testament to my lacking Galmap abilities.

I've looked around a bit from the reference in one of your shots. KASAU FW-D.

Might your spot of blue ball might be these systems?
KASAU QO-H D10-0
KASAU UUF D11-0
KASAU TUF D11-0

They are pretty bright blue, especially from afar on galmap too. They might be just intersecting into each other from your view.

Another edit: Seems theres a bunch of more blue A and F stars around those 3. Perhaps one or two of those?

Last edited:
I *think* I can see it from 9kly but it's much smaller so probably within our galaxy (if I'm seeing the same thing).

KASAU QO-H D10-0
KASAU UUF D11-0
KASAU TUF D11-0

They are pretty bright blue, especially from afar on galmap too. They might be just intersecting into each other from your view.

Another edit: Seems theres a bunch of more blue A and F stars around those 3. Perhaps one or two of those?

No, was not them (added hyphen for the last 2):
KASAU U-UF D11-0
KASAU T-UF D11-0

I *think* I can see it from 9kly but it's much smaller so probably within our galaxy (if I'm seeing the same thing).

I may have an explanation for the size. I've modified the GraphicsConfigurationOverride.xml file, and removing it made the galaxy smaller. It's still blue though. Think it's a galaxy since I think I can see it from Orrere.
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?><GraphicsConfig>
<Planets>
<Ultra>
<LocalisationName>$QUALITY_ULTRA;</LocalisationName>
<TextureSize>8192</TextureSize>
</Ultra>
</Planets>
<GalaxyBackground>
<High>
<LocalisationName>$QUALITY_HIGH;</LocalisationName>
<TextureSize>4096</TextureSize>
</High>
</GalaxyBackground>
<Environment>
<Ultra>
<LocalisationName>$QUALITY_ULTRA;</LocalisationName>
<Item>
<Feature>GalaxyBackground</Feature>
<QualitySetting>3</QualitySetting>
</Item>
<Item>
<Feature>Planets</Feature>
</Item>
<Item>
<Feature>DamageDecals</Feature>
</Item>
<Item>
<Feature>SurfaceRocks</Feature>
</Item>
</Ultra>
</Environment>
<Envmap>
<High>
<LocalisationName>$QUALITY_HIGH;</LocalisationName>
<TextureSize>512</TextureSize>
<NumMips>8</NumMips>
</High>
</Envmap>
</GraphicsConfig>

Raxxla in Blue
I wish.

Last edited:
I definetly spotted it when I began approaching Star One. I still see it occasionally and so far it remains the same in size and perspective.

fcp6VTx.jpg

KASAU QO-H D10-0
KASAU UUF D11-0
KASAU TUF D11-0

Even O type stars don't form the colour and size of this spot. I tell you as I visited one just today and did test this.

Handy reference: Complete list of (real) nebulae and galaxies in Elite

That said, I wonder if it's a galaxy. The colour made me think of a planetary nebula. Overlapping blue stars might be a better explanation though: maybe try flying sideways to it, not just towards?

Some nebulas are still misisng tho :/

Top Bottom