Blue

yep

Well my best guess is, that she's such a special character, that it would be kind of weird to just keep breeding her in your park, unless you could only breed her once. I believe that's why all the dinosaurs are "generic". At least that's what I would do, if I was making the game...

But you would only be able to breed like
One per island
or once in island
that would be in sandbox too lol
bye

That doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. It is a game about Jurassic World and its dinos and therefore its characters - especially for things like the rex, spino, and raptor. Why do you not want to have one of the most iconic dinosaur characters of the franchise in the game that's made to breed and manage a park of the franchise's dinos?? Rex has a skin that looks pretty damn close to how Rexy looks, Spino's skin is pretty much the same. Carno... Indoraptor, I-Rex, the list goes on. What makes Blue such a special little snowflake that she doesn't get a skin in the game like many other dinos??

This is because in the Jurassic Park franchise, not all dinosaurs are characters. None of the dinosaurs in JWE are the characters or at least they're not meant to be a representation of the character's design in game. In most cases, the design they have is because it's the only design that exists for the animal's skin pattern. Only one Spinosaurus to go off of, so they make it look like that Spinosaurus in game. A better example would be Corythosaurus. They're only featured in the stampede of JP3. They're not really characters, but they're the only reference point from the franchise Frontier had to make their design off of them. Naturally, this is the same for many of the JW dinosaurs that are characters, such as Indoraptor and Indominus rex. Only one example between these two, so that's the reference point. The Tyrannosaurs of JWE do look rather close to Rexy, but bear in mind female rexes have been shown to have a brown coloration naturally.

That ultimately leads to my point of Blue. Her mutations and appearance are specific to her. It's how she got her name after all. She doesn't look the way she does because that's just how raptors look. She is different from all the others. If you have other raptors in the game with that skin, you take away part of what makes her a character in the first place. It's not that way with any of the other dinosaurs except for the others of her pack, all of which are individual characters that have names and unique designs among each other and their species. It's for this reason I don't think there should be a blue skin.

But still the Indominus Rex and the Spinosaurus are characters with their own looks and traits. It doesn't take the character
away. It sort of does the opposite when you make a enclosure with the raptor squad in it. This happens in real life
all the time, members of the same species can have the same skin color or pattern. For example, the American Alligator.

Besides, you don't have to use the skin if it were added into the game.

. I wouldnt be surprised if they made a raptor dlc complete with new story missions, maps, skins and involving pack hunting and raptor antics which is why they have not given them any attention. Maybe even lead a group with a ranger vehicle to go fight something like in the movies.

I wish that will become true. Going along with tons of security features would make my dream comes true!!

Also, although JWE sets time after the Nublar incident, it’s not a bad idea to do some little flashbacks so that Vic Hoskins can be included. Go find Vincent D'Onofrio as he is my all-time favorite villain actor.

That seems fair enough, but would it be possible for the JP/// Female Velociraptor skin to be in the game?

A Raptor that was described to have an appearance similar to the one in the picture above, played a significant role in the events of the Jurassic World prequel novel, The Evolution of Claire

Yes Please! [yesnod] She looks sexy... ;)

Last edited:
But still the Indominus Rex and the Spinosaurus are characters with their own looks and traits. It doesn't take the character
away. It sort of does the opposite when you make a enclosure with the raptor squad in it. This happens in real life
all the time, members of the same species can have the same skin color or pattern. For example, the American Alligator.

Besides, you don't have to use the skin if it were added into the game.

How do you know, the I-Rex and Spino are not just generic skins, when you can't compare them to anything else? We haven't seen two Spino's or two I-Rexes. Therefore we must assume that's what all of them looks like. Blue's skin is not generic. We've seen a load of Raptors in the franchise and not one looks like her.

This is because in the Jurassic Park franchise, not all dinosaurs are characters. None of the dinosaurs in JWE are the characters or at least they're not meant to be a representation of the character's design in game. In most cases, the design they have is because it's the only design that exists for the animal's skin pattern. Only one Spinosaurus to go off of, so they make it look like that Spinosaurus in game. A better example would be Corythosaurus. They're only featured in the stampede of JP3. They're not really characters, but they're the only reference point from the franchise Frontier had to make their design off of them. Naturally, this is the same for many of the JW dinosaurs that are characters, such as Indoraptor and Indominus rex. Only one example between these two, so that's the reference point. The Tyrannosaurs of JWE do look rather close to Rexy, but bear in mind female rexes have been shown to have a brown coloration naturally.

That ultimately leads to my point of Blue. Her mutations and appearance are specific to her. It's how she got her name after all. She doesn't look the way she does because that's just how raptors look. She is different from all the others. If you have other raptors in the game with that skin, you take away part of what makes her a character in the first place. It's not that way with any of the other dinosaurs except for the others of her pack, all of which are individual characters that have names and unique designs among each other and their species. It's for this reason I don't think there should be a blue skin.

They have several examples of 'generic' raptor skins that were not used in-game : the original appearance of the JP raptors, TLW Raptors, the JP3 male and female raptors - which to me conflicts with the argument of "They only had one skin example so that's what they designed dinos after". That plus we never see any other raptors in JW aside from the raptor squad to know what is generic and what isn't. According to her wiki page, Blue was created with the DNA of the Black-throated monitor lizard, which allowed her scales to reflect an iridescent blue color. This means that her pattern wasn't just a random mutation, she was genetically designed that way just like any of the other dinosaurs. To me, her more defining trait is her unusually high intelligence (something that seems to be an unintended result of her creation), is the actual important part lore-wise, and contributes more to her character than a physical appearance does.

While it may come off as such, my arguement isn't just about "Why can't we have Blue", its for all JP/JW dino variations. Id like to see all of the rex variations depicted in the films, as well for all of the raptor variations, but because it was stated specifically for Blue not being in the game due to being such a "iconic and unique character", that's the one i chose for my argument.

Well, yes, of course. I meant it as a joke, because the vibe I was getting from Ahart's post was "If you don't include my favourite skins, I'm going to break the TOS and install mods". :)
I can see how my statements were interpreted as such, but for the time being, no.. I'm not going to be using any mods to change it. I'd rather see these things added into the game by Frontier. Of course, what Frontier inevitably decides to do in the future as well as how well modding tools are developed, may or may not change my mind down the road. The initial intent of the message was that generally if people aren't given what they want in a game these days, there will be someone out there who is dedicated enough to find a way to make it happen. And while on the subject of modding, I'm still also miffed about Frontier insulting the player base/fans by initially saying that they're not allowing modding into the game because we wouldn't be able to maintain the same quality of content as the developers, when they're already being proven wrong.

They are still characters. Besides how does making one or more raptors with the same skin of blue take away from her character?
it doesn't break canon and it adds a sense that you are playing a game with the characters from the movie. Her personality and
character, not her skin pattern makes her a character.

Last edited:
They are still characters. Besides how does making one or more raptors with the same skin of blue take away from her character?
it doesn't break canon and it adds a sense that you are playing a game with the characters from the movie. Her personality and
character, not her skin pattern makes her a character.

Well yes, her skin is a major part of the character. No other raptor looks like that. She stands out because of her skin...

Yeah, the skins themselves are comestics and therefore option if added. Also the Indoraptor is confirmed to be a male.

Last edited:
They have several examples of 'generic' raptor skins that were not used in-game : the original appearance of the JP raptors, TLW Raptors, the JP3 male and female raptors - which to me conflicts with the argument of "They only had one skin example so that's what they designed dinos after". That plus we never see any other raptors in JW aside from the raptor squad to know what is generic and what isn't. According to her wiki page, Blue was created with the DNA of the Black-throated monitor lizard, which allowed her scales to reflect an iridescent blue color. This means that her pattern wasn't just a random mutation, she was genetically designed that way just like any of the other dinosaurs. To me, her more defining trait is her unusually high intelligence (something that seems to be an unintended result of her creation), is the actual important part lore-wise, and contributes more to her character than a physical appearance does.

While it may come off as such, my arguement isn't just about "Why can't we have Blue", its for all JP/JW dino variations. Id like to see all of the rex variations depicted in the films, as well for all of the raptor variations, but because it was stated specifically for Blue not being in the game due to being such a "iconic and unique character", that's the one i chose for my argument.

I can see how my statements were interpreted as such, but for the time being, no.. I'm not going to be using any mods to change it. I'd rather see these things added into the game by Frontier. Of course, what Frontier inevitably decides to do in the future as well as how well modding tools are developed, may or may not change my mind down the road. The initial intent of the message was that generally if people aren't given what they want in a game these days, there will be someone out there who is dedicated enough to find a way to make it happen. And while on the subject of modding, I'm still also miffed about Frontier insulting the player base/fans by initially saying that they're not allowing modding into the game because we wouldn't be able to maintain the same quality of content as the developers, when they're already being proven wrong.

You misunderstood me. The "they only had one skin example so that's what they designed dinos after" comment was more towards your point regarding animals such as Spinosaurus and Carnotaurus where we only have one example. They don't apply to the Velociraptors where this is contrary. While we do not see any other Velociraptors outside of Blue's pack in Jurassic World, we do have examples of generic raptors, two strains in particular. It's as you said, we have the Velociraptors of JP and TLW, and we have a secondary strain that we see in JP3. We know these are generic because they share their appearance, where as Blue's pack all have unique appearances. One could argue the base skin we have in JWE is the generic female Velociraptor skin of the continuity starting with Jurassic World, which would imply a third genetic strain. That's not unreasonable either.

I would like to point out that the bit about the monitor lizard is from LEGO Jurassic World and thus it is not necessarily canon information. Regardless, if we do acknowledge this as canon, it only further solidifies the point that Blue is unique. Yes, like any other dinosaur she was genetically designed, but she also was individually designed. None of the other raptors feature these blue markings and by association monitor lizard genes. They are unique to her. It's likely the other Velociraptors of the pack also were individually modified, because they all lack the attributes of the other raptors that weren't individually modified like she was, attributes being a consistent appearance between all members of the species of the same sex. Her blue markings would come from genetic modifications unique to her. Blue didn't get her name because she was smart. She got it because of the unique blue stripes along her sides. Have a Blue skin, you take away an attribute that makes her a character and part of what makes her unique.

EDIT
Images from the official JW site point to this being the natural appearance of Velociraptor, reminiscent of the females of the original.
Jurassic_World_Velociraptor.jpg

Last edited:
Blue is an iconic unique character in Jurassic World with her own unique look and personality. To ensure we remain true to her unique status her skin is not available in Jurassic World Evolution.

This is a horrible argument to state why were not getting the raptor skin of Blue or potentially any other raptor skins.

Here is a small sample of video games where you the player character can use the skin of another character. Take note of the important fact that we are not playing as another character just playing the game LOOKING LIKE another character.

Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2- can use the skin of NES Ryu Hayabusa
Metal Gear Rising Revengence-can use the skin of Cyborg Ninja AKA Gray Fox
Metal Gear Solid V- can use the skin of Solid Snake PS version and Raiden
Devil May Cry 3-can use the skin of Demon Lord Sparda
Batman Arkham Asylum-Batman Beyond AkA Terry McGinnis's bat suit
Batman Arkham Knight-can use the skin of Robin, Nightwing, Redhood
Monster Hunter World-can use the skin Aloy from Horizon Zero Dawn
Final Fantasy 15-Lunafreya PC
Rise of the Tomb Raider-can use the skin Sony Playstation Lara Croft

This list I have created shows that using the skin to look like a character IS NOT THE SAME AS BEING THAT CHARACTER. The best example on this list is Aloy from Horizon Zero Dawn. Aloy has a very unique personality and design to her. So much so to the point she is one of the PS4's many mascots. Guerrilla Games allowing Capcom to use Aloy's likeness in Monster Hunter World is not the same as the player character being Aloy. Instead it's the player character looking like Aloy. In that way Aloy still retains her uniqueness as a character for Horizon Zero Dawn.

Top Bottom