Bootmgr is corrupt, Computer doesn't recognize the Windows 10 Installation USB-Stick and won't start BIOS/show the Key for it

Seems to be normal 🤔
View attachment 270728
Maybe it helps if I change the Position of those Data Cables a little bit 🤔

When you press the cable down it should "click" in place, it should then not be able to be removed at all unless you depress the clip on the power cable to free it. You aren't inserting it all the way is what's happening! You may in fact be obstructed by one of those that's preventing the power clip going all the way down.

When you press the cable down it should "click" in place, it should then not be able to be removed at all unless you depress the clip on the power cable to free it. You aren't inserting it all the way is what's happening! You may in fact be obstructed by one of those that's preventing the power clip going all the way down.
It seems like it helped to reorganize the Cables. The Computer already runs for a incredibly long Time compared to the last few Trials. I'll also start a Game with very good Graphics because those seem to cause more Vibrations (at least I was able to play HOMM3 for Hours on the last Day on which it worked properly but when I started a newer Game, it crashed). After this, I'll check if I can pull the Cable out without pushing the Clip. If it's possible, there's probably a Problem with the Clip🤔
Edit: It crashed again😑
Was able to just pull it out, so the Clip Theory might be true. Could it work to put a Rubber Band around the Clip to keep it in Place?

Last edited:
Was able to just pull it out, so the Clip Theory might be true. Could it work to put a Rubber Band around the Clip to keep it in Place?
try it and see, youve got nothing to loose

however you should makesure the cables not tight, if the cable has no slack you need to try and loosen what ever cable management you have in place. ive seen some power cables so tight the cables actually tugs on the socket which is not good

You could also try and see if it is possible to push the clip so that it locks over the raised ridge on the socket.

I'm not really sure where you could place a rubber band in order to keep the plug and socket together, apart from helping the clip to stay in place like it is supposed to.

You could also try and see if it is possible to push the clip so that it locks over the raised ridge on the socket.

I'm not really sure where you could place a rubber band in order to keep the plug and socket together, apart from helping the clip to stay in place like it is supposed to.

Seeing as the socket is soldered to the motherboard it shouldn't actually be possible to get a rubber band around it. If you can then you have a problem.

Seeing as the socket is soldered to the motherboard it shouldn't actually be possible to get a rubber band around it. If you can then you have a problem.
Yeah, not perpendicular to the MB holding the plug/socket together, but going round the socket parallel to the MB to apply some extra pressure to the latch. Won't be much since the angles/tensions are wrong, but it might just be enough to keep it in place since it should stay in place on its own without any help. Kind of like if the orange and green boxes on the pic in one of the previous posts were merged

The OP has supplied a couple of pictures. I can see the angled tab on the motherdboard socket where the plug should clip over, I can see the clip on the power plug where it should latch over the motherboard tab to secure it. It still seems that the OP isn't securing it properly when plugging it in, or there's something else going on we aren't aware of. It's a standard connector, I have plugged in hundreds, maybe thousand when assembling PC's, they never come loose by themselves if plugged in properly. The only possible reason is it's faulty, and if it's faulty it should be replaced, no amount of rubber banding will make it secure.

all I will say is this you have been at it since july I do like your leisurely fix it rate ethic...…………………………….
if that was my problem I would just have to have it sorted in hours a couple of days at most

IMG_20211027_075812.jpg

I've tried to pull it out and now it seems to fit properly. Just need to find another Problem that prevents it from starting (and hopefully be able to fix it)
Edit: the other Problem was caused by that damn 2 parted Cable in the Back which is extremely hard to get in properly. I hope now that it is plugged in properly, it will stay there and won't cause any more Problems

Last edited:
Even though it was sitting so perfectly, the Cable became loose again. Any Ideas how I can make the Rubber Bands stay in Place or solve it another way?

Even though it was sitting so perfectly, the Cable became loose again. Any Ideas how I can make the Rubber Bands stay in Place or solve it another way?

Clip it in properly or replace it if the clips broken.

I may be wrong, but looking at this picture... I don't think there should be this gap between the connector and the socket. i.e. this connector isn't fully plugged in.

I agree it isn't, it's obvious it isn't from the picture.

OP, the plug should be flush when properly inserted, no gap, it's always going to cause stability issues that way, specially if, as you claim, it's working its way out. If it doesn't go all the way down with reasonable pressure check the pins inside and make sure none of them are bent or faulty. It should slide down and you should feel and hear a click as it connects with the retaining clip!

Clip it in properly or replace it if the clips broken.

I agree it isn't, it's obvious it isn't from the picture.

OP, the plug should be flush when properly inserted, no gap, it's always going to cause stability issues that way, specially if, as you claim, it's working its way out. If it doesn't go all the way down with reasonable pressure check the pins inside and make sure none of them are bent or faulty. It should slide down and you should feel and hear a click as it connects with the retaining clip!
Thanks, just looked at it really thoroughly and it turns out that some of the golden Parts inside of the Cable are deeper inside than the others. I assume this will only be fixable by replacing it? Is it really that bad if you use a Cable that isn't made by the Manufacturer of the Power Supply Unit or is this just a Trick to sell more Stuff? (even though they don't even seem to sell this Cable as a stand-alone Product).
The Power Supply Unit I'm using is the Seasonic Focus GX-550 in the Case that it matters which one I'm using

Thanks, just looked at it really thoroughly and it turns out that some of the golden Parts inside of the Cable are deeper inside than the others. I assume this will only be fixable by replacing it? Is it really that bad if you use a Cable that isn't made by the Manufacturer of the Power Supply Unit or is this just a Trick to sell more Stuff? (even though they don't even seem to sell this Cable as a stand-alone Product).
The Power Supply Unit I'm using is the Seasonic Focus GX-550 in the Case that it matters which one I'm using

You can remove and reseat individual wires from those clips, takes a steady hand and good tools, I have done it myself a number of times, they should all be the same length though.

Plenty of places sell cable sets for modders, PC Case Gear for instance you can get just about any cable you want, they are standard plugs and any good quality one will do the trick;

they are standard plugs and any good quality one will do the trick;
So does that mean it doesn't really need to be one by the same Manufacturer? Still have my old Computer somewhere. Maybe the Cable from that one will work 🤔

You can remove and reseat individual wires from those clips, takes a steady hand and good tools, I have done it myself a number of times,
I fear that I might accidentally damage it, also don't really want to buy something that I'll maybe only use once

So does that mean it doesn't really need to be one by the same Manufacturer? Still have my old Computer somewhere. Maybe the Cable from that one will work 🤔

I fear that I might accidentally damage it, also don't really want to buy something that I'll maybe only use once

Standard plug, if it's still in good condition your old one will work fine. And yes it does take some practice to do it, easy to damage, look at the old one, if it's identical use it!

Standard plug, if it's still in good condition your old one will work fine. And yes it does take some practice to do it, easy to damage, look at the old one, if it's identical use it!
Whilst the plug on the computer end is the same, from a quick search I don't think that all of the plugs on the PSU end are the same so before using a different modular cable you would need to carefully check that it is wired exactly the same way as the original cable.

You can use the old plug to test the socket and make sure that the plug latches in place as it is supposed to, if it doesn't then the issue is likely to be with the socket on the motherboard and a replacement cable probably isn't going to fix it. In that case carefully check each individual pocket in the socket to make sure that nothing has fallen in to it and is stopping the plug from going down far enough.

Luckily it looks like that is a modular PSU ie the cable has plugs at both ends and can be easily replaced. Check whether it is still under warranty (10 years in USA, may vary depending on your country) and ask them for a new one.

Windows 10 System Repair did what it can best again. It killed a important File
View attachment 252223

How can I fix this?
Edit: just forgot that my trashy new Keyboard doesn't want to work before the System is started, so I just connected my old one and now it works

Ive used chkdsk but it still shows the Error after restarting. Is there a Way to fix it without needing to reinstall everything?
The method for repairing the MBR varies by Windows version. When you ran ChkDisk, did you open the CMD window as an administrator and use the /FixMBR switch?

The method for repairing the MBR varies by Windows version. When you ran ChkDisk, did you open the CMD window as an administrator and use the /FixMBR switch?
This Problem is fixed (and it wasn't even really this Problem. Just Windows 10 being stupid and showing wrong Problems). Currently it's about a Hardware Problem which I didn't want to open a new Thread for (a damaged Cable that I'll replace with a old one if possible. Just couldn't do it yet due to lots of Stuff going on today and having a Stomachache for a big Part of the Day. Hopefully I will be able to replace it in the Morning and test it before going to Work)

Top Bottom