Brookfield Zoo

Lets move away from this area for a bit and go back to the Australia section of the park. With the latest DLC, I was able to add the wombat to this area and also the fruit bats. I know the bats are technically African fruit bats, the this zoo in real life has fruit bats as part of the Australia House.
I added the Wombats in a small enclosure area that was a holding spot incase they ever ended up in the game. This was holding a few tortoises, so I decided to leave them in there with the wombats. I added vegetation and trees for shade.
EVhzLP.jpg

OxbFww.jpg

PGW8Ey.jpg

Lets talk about the bats now. The Australia House in the real zoo does have fruit bats in it, so when I built this house originally, I allowed for these to be added later if the game ever added them....and here we are.

Well, the space I allocated was not working with the fixed size of this new walk-through exhibit. Mostly I was having issues with the hit box of this. I tried everything I could think of and could not get it added at ground level. So, I had to raise it, but I'm happy with the results. Had to reform the building and roof a bit to get it to work, but was able to have a raised walkway and a ground level walkway (technically this walk is below the exhibit, not in it, but with the walls removed, it all looks like one huge walk through.

This was the original flat hallway. Added the ground level path entrance on the lower right, and added ramps/stairs up to the raised pathway (actually in the exhibit).
7edSdW.jpg

entering the ground level path
pvHGKY.jpg

rtZ1Pb.jpg

Any plans for the new dlc animals yet?
Yes. Just need to find more playing time. I already had a faux caracal habitat inside the Fragile Kingdom building, so I will get them added there soon. I also had a faux butterfly walkthrough. Already added the new exhibit to the space, but nee to add the butterflies and mess around with all the scenery to make it more realistic now and fit the new pathways. I may try to figure out how to add the emu to my Australia area as well. The others will have to wait until my zoo grows.

Top Bottom