Brookfield Zoo

J9zRU6.jpg

So, with the notification that an Aussie pack was actually coming out soon. I started to prepare this area of my zoo for an upgrade. The pack didn't really have the animals I was expecting, so I had to mix things up a bit to make it fit better. But this also resulted in an immediate growth area for this part of the zoo.

I decided to add a large dedicated koala habitat and restructure where the birds would go as well.

The red area will be the koala's. The blueish box around the red will be the indoor part of the exhibit.
The gold area will be the cassowary, with the green box being their inside shelter area.
The purple will be the keeper/staff areas.
IBaQii.jpg

Here is where this expansion will go compared to the rest of the Australian area already built.
WOlzmd.jpg

here are the two new enclosures taking shape
8gnwrd.jpg

The red is the cassowary outside area getting built. it will be viewable from the train ride.
Blue is the keeper's area which will serve and have backstage access to both enclosures.
Yellow is the shelter house for the cassowarys.
T6gafQ.jpg

here is what the animal navigation area will be in this habitat.
IY43pI.jpg

the shell of the building (for the interior part of the exhibit) is completed, but still needs to be refined an decorated.
YbfC9y.jpg

From the outside
Q7lFJE.jpg

Jumping back to the reworking of the dingo habitat. I decided to combined the two separate areas into one, with a tunnel that connected them under the building.
Here is the entrance from the outside into the tunnel.
Ua8u8K.jpg

The other side of the tunnel actually comes out inside the building and the dingos can exit trough a door to the other outside part of the habitat.
4ATMHU.jpg

The shape of the entire habitat.
wbcl1v.jpg

Top Bottom