Community Event / Creation Buckyball Racing Club Birthday Event: The BuckyBubble

Some good action in the Stock Challenge class, with two new entries shaking up the podium! First came a run from CMDR Cheetah that was good enough for 2nd place, and therefore pushing CMDR Ready Eagle into the 3rd place spot. But then CMDR Bruski submitted a top-notch time, knocking CMDR Ready Eagle off the podium.

FxV50D8.png

In addition to CMDR Cheetah's run, we have seen CMDR Cookiehole stage ships for the Pro and Top Fuel classes, wrapping up this report.

OzLpbdy.png

Will CMDR Ready Eagle make it back on to the podium with another run? Will we see a Top Fuel run submitted? And which staged ship will surprise us the most in the Pro class: the Orca, or the T-9 Heavy? Stay tuned and find out next time!

So basically you're entering the PRDA van from the original Cannonball? Sure, why not?

Yes! Thanks for mentioning that, I'd never heard of it before, it's a fun read though. :D

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

I guess I failed to provide for the *best* Funny Car Challenge option. ;)

It legit made me a little sad when I realized I couldn't run an Orca in it, would've been the first time I could afford one in a race. :p

Yes! Thanks for mentioning that, I'd never heard of it before, it's a fun read though. :D

That whole book (Cannonball!, by Brock Yates) is great. I highly recommend it!

Actually, looking at it a bit more closely, I think that's a different version of the account than the one they submitted for the book. Or maybe this is the version that wasn't cut down for the book (because, you know, editors). I'll have to read the whole thing.

Last edited:
Did my Orca Run yesterday. It's not exactly fast (I guess twice as many jumps kinda are an excuse) and I messed up a bit (forgot to dock mid-race and then hurried back and took a few detours due to bad unscoopable-avoidance) but at least I flew in style :D
The video is uploading atm, so I'll submit it later today.

I'll set off for The Long Haul today, so I'm not sure if I'll be able to do the Courier run before the end of the race. Do we have to submit our entries until 23:59:59 on the 7th or is there a bit more time (the video processing and upload takes a few hours and I'll be on vacation, so any attempts might be last mminute).

Did my Orca Run yesterday. It's not exactly fast (I guess twice as many jumps kinda are an excuse) and I messed up a bit (forgot to dock mid-race and then hurried back and took a few detours due to bad unscoopable-avoidance) but at least I flew in style :D
The video is uploading atm, so I'll submit it later today.

I'll set off for The Long Haul today, so I'm not sure if I'll be able to do the Courier run before the end of the race. Do we have to submit our entries until 23:59:59 on the 7th or is there a bit more time (the video processing and upload takes a few hours and I'll be on vacation, so any attempts might be last mminute).
I'm very happy to see people supporting the Jaques effort, so I'm going to be generous about race submissions...as long as you've sent in the netLog file in a timely manner and pre-calculated time, I'll be patient about visual evidence.

I had a go on stock and ran out of fuel so I aborted.. which was what happened when I tried fly me to the moon. ;) I knew it was coming as well ....but had a freak out even after plotting econ.
I think ive lost it .. too many regenerations of Kligg ;)
Too many copy/paste errors in the cloning process?

Am I allowed to remove the planetary approach suite in the Hauler/Stock Challenge?

And have you discovered a magic dev mode bookmark import trick? ;)

Last edited:
Hi!!
Intent to race:

CMDR Inodoro Pereyra
Red Target (Asp-X)
Pro

:mad: ... computer decided to fully crash with BSOD... with only 5 jumps to finish, corrupting the video...
Will try tomorrow...
(2:04 with crash-wait-restart and finish the run)

Last edited:
Well, I have all the systems bookmarked. Next step, making a dry run with scanners so I have exploration data for all the systems so I can bookmark stations in the systems where I have to dock (otherwise I will absolutely, postitively forget to dock in one of those systems. I know myself far too well.)

In this update, we see movement on the Pro podium. CMDR Cookiehole plays the Orca card, temporarily landing in 2nd place, but CMDR Bruski once again posts a 1st-place time to push CMDRs Samwell Drakhyr and Cookiehole down.

WPzRugx.png

Meanwhile we have new stagins from CMDRs Kliggy, Inodoro Pereyra, and Markzx59.

N0YCi00.png

Will CMDR Bruski be the first to submit a Top Fuel entry to take the top podium position in 3 classes? Maybe, but I hear CMDR Timothy Knight revving up Joyeuse. Even the famous Imperial Courier beats out the unnamed Imperial Eagle, CMRD Bruski is still the only pilot to have staged a ship in the Funny Car Challenge, so stands a good chance at grabbing multiple podium spots.

I've not had time this week to prep yet, but I will definitely, absolutely definitely be making a run in the Top Fuel class before departing for Jacques.

Hi!!
Intent to race:

CMDR Inodoro Pereyra
Red Target (Asp-X)
Pro

:mad: ... computer decided to fully crash with BSOD... with only 5 jumps to finish, corrupting the video...
Will try tomorrow...
(2:04 with crash-wait-restart and finish the run)

Someone mentioned that if you use OBS and set the video format to .flv it avoids corruption if you have a crash.

Here's a link that explains the same thing, and also how you can very quickly create an mp4 copy afterwards. I've not got OBS set up myself yet, but I'll hopefully be using it for this race. https://obsproject.com/forum/resources/how-to-convert-flvs-to-mp4-fast-without-re-encoding.78/

Top Bottom