Community Event / Creation Buckyball Racing Club presents :- 'The Wasat Cup' Buggyball (23rd-25thFeb)

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
That's more like a Buckyball race, finished with 14% hull :D

I'm going to do a run with Fatal Rabbit in a few minutes. Anyone want to join in?

I saw you pottering around in the air earlier, but I need a break now I'm afraid.

I used to know about the Assist On/Off difference, and completely forgot when I started using HOTAS in January. Maybe I can fix my times now. :)

buggyball1_leaderb.jpg

Quick update as of 10pm GMT
Ozric finds top gear in his 'Little blue dune buggy' and scoots past ' The Beetle' to take 2nd.. nipping at 'The Tumbling initiative #2's lead.

I am dribbling with anticipation at the thought of more times coming in that are actually going as quick as you can. ;)
Ill do another update later at 1AM ish.. where the full time reveal will happen.. and if I can find a decent backdrop.. the first glimpse of the epic prize you are all racing for...
yes.. The Wasat Cup itself.. with a space for the winning CMDR's name .. who racing fans will win this coveted but garish and hideously showy-offy trophy?
Just over a day left to find out!

EDIT: sry alec should say day there at the end of your line, ill fix it next update.
I probably should have done a new leaderboard instead of copying over the old one.. now the previous board posts wont make sense ;( ah well..

Last edited:
This is really fun, just tried it by myself. Unfortunately I exploded 2.7KMs before the finish line with 18mins 45secs on the clock D:
Just a fraction of time before I hit the ground too hard:
iGztWAL.png

Too bad I don't have probably any time for a second attempt :/

Last edited:
This is really fun, just tried it by myself. Unfortunately I exploded 2.7KMs before the finish line with 18mins 45secs on the clock D:
Too bad I don't have probably any time for a second attempt :/

that's a shame tankman.. thanks for having a go.. you could have won it even if you repaired with a time that good. but... doesn't matter how fast you are if you cant make it in one piece ;)
so on the accident map.. whats that X or Y4;)
the race is on for another 25hrs FYI. so another days racing to come.

Last edited:
Guess what is the day that your usually part-time job transforms in a full-time job day, and that your lady and all your friends want to go see that Deadpool movie? Exactly, tomorrow is the day!

That means that I'll be lucky if I get to have a small time window during the lunch break, for anything more than a couple of attempts...with all that people discovering the top gear :p, I guess the top spot is yours to take...if I can't do anything in my available time at least. ;)

Due to this, I hope it's not a problem if I don't get to upload my video tomorrow, it should take at least a couple hours or more on my connection, I'm afraid I'll have to postpone to Friday :eek:

I'm busy tomorrow night too so probably done my last run. It was a goodun' though ;)

Despite me having a massive impact on the massive crater inside the massive crater around the mid point - down to 28% hull. Finished with 10% lol and then was magically teleported to behring for a change.

I'll make an effort to upload my vid over night tomorrow.

Last edited:
Wait there is a SRV race going on? I really should pay more attention to what is going on in the Galaxy.

so Intend to race i guess.
Commander: Admiral Spoon
SRV: Mud Crab

Lets hope i can push the sailfish the last couple thousand lightyears hard enough, so i can actually make it :O

Last edited:
You can put a marker on the map at P5 for Jak. No Assist is definitely faster. :)
And Q6.

Alright, no more skimping on repairs if I'm going to lose over 20% on relatively tame landings.

edit: oh, and I respawned at Behring Point...maybe there weren't enough pads at Elwood?

edit 2: er, not Jak...Seneh. :D

Last edited:
buggyball1_leaderb.jpg

Well the last day is upon us and now you've all found top gear.. the times are really starting to get down.
Day time racing with assist off seems to be helping! and is it quicker to just go for it through the craters?.. rather than going round?... hmm?... hmmm?
try it then send your death coordinates for the accident map ;)
CMDR Heat Sheild has managed to break the 25 minute barrier with 'The Beetle' leaving Aken B in second.. and it sounds like hes busy till the end of the race..
Great time, im glad someone got under 25 mins.. I knew it was possible. they'll be watching that one on the viddy screens at Ferguson Prospect for years to come isn't it.
the Wasat cup is still being polished.. someone dropped it and one of the handles came off. ill try and sort it out later
Still no sign of Furry or any of the delta squad.. well I hope they are having fun whatever they are doing.

In other news Vindicator Jones latest Vid is up on the tube featuring the buggyball.
go check out his dulcet tones in this frantic but strangely compelling watch.. will he make it..? will he find his pad..? oh the agony. ;)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04n6YM-s_2Y
yeah.. of course he makes it.. his times up on the board!

cheers.. celebrate the death! accident map updated.

Wait there is a SRV race going on? I really should pay more attention to what is going on in the Galaxy.
Welcome Spoon, your up on the starting grid, look forward to your time. a few mores hours of day left before night kicks in for the rest of the race.

Due to this, I hope it's not a problem if I don't get to upload my video tomorrow, it should take at least a couple hours or more on my connection, I'm afraid I'll have to postpone to Friday :eek:
Aken you are a regular buckyballer... so of course chap.

Last edited:
Sorry for the late entry, but I thought this sounded like fun so I went ahead and gave it a shot. Dunno if I'm too late to qualify, but oh well. :)

User name: SushiCW
CMDR name: Tannik Seldon
Buggy name: "Bouncing Betty"

I measured my time at 23 minutes 41 seconds. Full video for your timestamp confirmation and viewing pleasure (may still be processing for another half hour or so):
[video=youtube;5SpFeqiHGWk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SpFeqiHGWk[/video]

Shorter stylized video for fun:
[video=youtube;_5km-W9f08Q]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5km-W9f08Q[/video]

I've also sent this message to BRCWUR@buckyballracing.org.uk

Sorry for the late entry, but I thought this sounded like fun so I went ahead and gave it a shot. Dunno if I'm too late to qualify, but oh well. :)

User name: SushiCW
CMDR name: Tannik Seldon
Buggy name: "Bouncing Betty"

I measured my time at 23 minutes 41 seconds. Full video for your timestamp confirmation and viewing pleasure (may still be processing for another half hour or so):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SpFeqiHGWk

Shorter stylized video for fun:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5km-W9f08Q

I've also sent this message to BRCWUR@buckyballracing.org.uk

Love that 2nd video ... you win the video making competition :p
(any tips on how to speed up video and leave it looking smooth? yours is a lot less stop-motion like than mine)

However ... (errr kligg, shall I tell him or do you want to do it) ... well, let me put it like this:

[video=youtube;_akwHYMdbsM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_akwHYMdbsM[/video]

Last edited:
Dagnabit. I read the instructions several times to make sure I went the right way and *still* got it wrong!

As far as keeping it smooth... I just used the free Movie Maker app and fiddled with the speed until I got something that fit the music track. Nothing special.

Last edited:
In other news, I've done my last run. Still haven't managed to break that 30min barrier (so close tho) but I'm pretty happy with it and hopefully it'll help me hang on to the number 4 spot (a place on the Buckyball scoreboards that seems to have my name permanently etched on to it).

By the way, I checked back on my video and mostly my speed is in the mid to low 30s, maxing out at 37-38.

Early morning Watas weather report: cloudy in the craters, weak sunshine everywhere else.

mostly_cloudy.png

Have a nice day out there folks!

Last edited:
Sorry robinjb I have another couple corrections for the board (please notice me when I start to get obnoxious :p)...first, mine was a night race, second, seems like you gave me a 20s bonus...at least that's good news for Ozric! :)

So I should need to shave 3 minutes to shave off my time...I think I'm going to skip lunch...

The Catmobile will appear, don't worry. I've done one - not very good - run and blown up on what would have been better ones. I'll submit something when I know if I've improved or not.

Meanwhile I've spent far too much time when I could have been competing on flying cameraman for other racers.
[video=youtube;0cI7e_2tyqU]https://youtu.be/0cI7e_2tyqU[/video]

Dagnabit. I read the instructions several times to make sure I went the right way and *still* got it wrong!

As far as keeping it smooth... I just used the free Movie Maker app and fiddled with the speed until I got something that fit the music track. Nothing special.

There is still time for another run.

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

The Catmobile will appear, don't worry. I've done one - not very good - run and blown up on what would have been better ones. I'll submit something when I know if I've improved or not.

Meanwhile I've spent far too much time when I could have been competing on flying cameraman for other racers.
https://youtu.be/0cI7e_2tyqU

I love the way the bits of the SRV carry on on the same trajectory.

https://youtu.be/0cI7e_2tyqU

Have some rep, being a cameraman is actually enormous fun and a pretty skilled profession in its own right. Wish I'd seen more commanders out on the course to video myself. Looking back at my basejumping video with PeachSlicesV and Sn0wman, I probably enjoyed chasing those guys in my ship as much, if not more, than actually competing.

Top Bottom