(BUG report) McLaren protests Haas, Mercedes for breach of race tyre rules

2023 AZERBAIJAN GRAND PRIX

To: Stewards (F1 Manager 2023 Dev Team)
Subject: Protest of Haas, Mercedes for breach of race tyre rules

No / Driver: 27 - Nico Hülkenberg (Haas)
No / Driver: 44 - Lewis Hamilton (Mercedes)

McLaren officially protests Haas and Mercedes drivers for using one compound tyre during the race event. As stated in the Formula One Sporting Regulations, under 30.5-n:
"Unless he has used intermediate or wet-weather tyres during the race, each driver must use at least two different specifications of dry-weather tyres during the race, at least one of which must be a mandatory dry-weather race tyre specification as defined in Article 2430.2c). Unless a race is suspended and cannot be re-started, failure to comply with this requirement will result in the disqualification of the relevant driver from the race results."

As the below screenshot indicates:
  • There was no inclement weather that required the use of wet or intermediate tyres.
  • Neither driver used a 2nd compound during the race.
  • The race was able to complete it's full 51 laps in the allotted time for the event.

McLaren demands that the Stewards disqualify both drivers, as stated in the regulations, for this breach. (And kindly ask the devs to fix this in a future patch)

Reguards,
McLaren F1 Team

Attachments

• 20230803_203422.jpg
    20230803_203422.jpg
    321.4 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:
I hope this bug gets fixed soon. It has happened to me twice now. This first time maybe cost me 1 point, but just now it happened and it cost me a victory and a second place. It cost me 15 points. While it's still early in the season (Melbourne) and I will likely still finish in the top 3 in the constructors. This bug can be really game-breaking because it is so frustrating.

Attachments

• Skærmbillede (6).png
    Skærmbillede (6).png
    1,005.7 KB · Views: 29
  • Skærmbillede (7).png
    Skærmbillede (7).png
    744.8 KB · Views: 27
Top Bottom