Call of the wild - A list of pristine metallic rings

Cool :), although I've finished searching a planet in the Pleiades, I'm now searching the area for potential new systems that could hold Thargoid Structures.

Are pristine metallic rings off the menu now or am I just unlucky. I am four weeks into a long term exploration trip with my fleet carrier and five ships. I am scanning every system up to 38 or so light years out from each place I jump to. So far I have scanned hundreds of systems and found loads of pristine icy and metal rich rings, no shortage of tritium but so far not one single metallic. Last time I was out exploring a couple of years or so ago they seemed to be "easier" to find. Just wondering if they have maybe been made rarer?.

Are pristine metallic rings off the menu now or am I just unlucky. I am four weeks into a long term exploration trip with my fleet carrier and five ships. I am scanning every system up to 38 or so light years out from each place I jump to. So far I have scanned hundreds of systems and found loads of pristine icy and metal rich rings, no shortage of tritium but so far not one single metallic. Last time I was out exploring a couple of years or so ago they seemed to be "easier" to find. Just wondering if they have maybe been made rarer?.

All the rings that were ever known to us are still there. So, they were definitely not made rarer. But they are the rarest of all types of rings. Just for perspective, there are 25,000 icy and metallic rings in pristine systems in the bubble, and only 1300 of them are metallic. And this number (25K) doesn't include rocky and metal-rich rings.

Another metallic to add to the list if someone wants to check it out.

Eol Prou TK-E c12-55 Located just under 500ly SW of Colonia.

System has all 4 ring types, 11a is a pristine metallic with 2 single Painite hotspots.

My posting skill levels are not good enough to provide photos etc.

If you go to the Pristines page and set the distance to 0 and ref system Colonia it shows out to

46026.03Ceeckia RV-K d9-1

The ring contains 2 single not a double Painite.

Just wanted the system listed for those like me that prefer mining without NPC interaction.

Top Bottom