Can only one keeper be in a habitat at a time?

To expand my franchise zoo I made a large habitat to put all African animals that get an enrichment bonus from eachother + African elephants in, this means one habitat with 10 different species on a 14km2 land area. To prepare for this I hired six zoo keepers all trained to 5 stars, with half of them set to feed and clean and the other half only to cleaning.

But now it turns out only one of them can enter at a time. So while one staff member complains about too much work and has no energy, the other five complain about having nothing to do while walking back and forth outside of the habitat. Meanwhile the habitat fills up with more and more dung, and that one keeper can't keep up. I have assigned all six keepers to the same workzone with that habitat, a large staff room and three large keeper huts, but only one of them at a time actually does something.

Is there a different way to manage very large habitats? Would really appreciate some tips! :)

Unfortunetly, the way the game works right now, having more than two keepers (one for cleaning and one for feeding) is pointless, as like you said, only one will work and the rest will complain that there is nothing to do. Hopefully they will fix this in the future, but right now, the only solution for players is to limit the size of the habitat and how many animals we put in it :(

Thanks for the reply! I was afraid that would be the case. :(
I have just two workers assigned now, so one can go in while the other one rests. But it's still not optimal. I hope they'll make it possible for more workers to enter one habitat some time in the future.

Top Bottom