Can you tell us if Smear Campaigns are in game yet? Anyone find one with the update?

5errke.jpg

:sneaky:

It's not the relogging that is the issue, it's more "you have to relog wearing a purple dominator suit and a grey aphelion while the twin solar eclipse under the red atmosphere makes all the guardian monoliths simultaneously light up around the downed skimmer spawned inside the ruins."

Yeah, something like that.

In reality it is probably some very obscure combination of faction states, government, allegiance (one that probably doesn't even make sense) along with a specific type of settlement.

Likely involving one of the super rare states, which probably only happens in system that even more rarely has that type of settlement.

In reality it is probably some very obscure combination of faction states, government, allegiance (one that probably doesn't even make sense) along with a specific type of settlement.

Likely involving one of the super rare states, which probably only happens in system that even more rarely has that type of settlement.
They only spawn in Anarchy spaceports in Carcosa, Colonia :sneaky:
I FOUND SCP !!!

View attachment 244922

At least I lie with style :)))
Seems legit

To clarify, if they weren't in the game, I would just say they aren't in the game. The problem is the current system behind the drop chance of the smear campaigns is making them practically impossible to actually come across even though they are technically there, as I've said before. This is due to be fixed in Update 5.
To clarify, if ship interiors weren't in the game, I would just say ship interiors aren't in the game. The problem is the current system behind ship interiors is making them practically impossible to implement come across even though ship interiors are technically there, as I've said before. This is due to be fixed in someday.

Please sorry, i just couldn't resist myself

Morning all! To clarify, if they weren't in the game, I would just say they aren't in the game. The problem is the current system behind the drop chance of the smear campaigns is making them practically impossible to actually come across even though they are technically there, as I've said before. This is due to be fixed in Update 5.
Zac, can you confirm if it's just smear campaigns being addressed or is the whole loot table being looked at? Data is the worst thing to find in this game currently, there are way too many items with zero uses taking up chances in the loot pool. Also I have a couple of suggestions.

1 - Can we have the loot icon visible on the pop up when you highlight a lootable item, so it shows whether it's a tech, circuit or good.

2 - Can we have the amount in our inventory of that item we are highlighting with the pop up? Similar to when you target a material in space, it shows you how many you already have in your inventory.

Thanks.

Last edited:

This actually makes SCPs somewhat unique. Afaik all the other gameplay elements we seen thus far involve extremely simple conditions and a whole lotta RNG. Even the opinion poll grind hell was relatively simple, Hab ports, any settlement, 1% droprate, end of story. No need for complex thought, no need for innovative gameplay balancing, just a straight up grind time sink to extend playing hours.

The way SCPs are being made out to be is like someone tried to create a (gasp) engaging puzzle to be solved by players, that required time and effort to plan and think through. That one stalwart designer in the team that wanted to do things differently and do it right with his tiny portion of the game he was assigned... but then his boss looks over his shoulder and says,

"Oh! Your idea to have conditions for this drop looks good (makes note to self to claim credit for it). But I think you need to extend the gameplay time, add this condition, oh and that, hmm this sounds good too, ahh they'll never figure that out... ok looks great! I can report that I made the game last longer to management for a bigger bonus!".

"But sir! These conditions make absolutely no sense! Why would the player need to do a moonwalk in the shiny red groove suit (exobiologist ecologist rank reward) while dancing with the devil in the pale moonlight before tapping on a cmd dataport #2 twice in an unpowered mining settlement and spinning right round before a smear campaign plan would drop? There aren't even gameplay controls to accomplish these conditions!"

"listen, who is the manager here? You or me? DO IT!"

In all honesty, facetiousness aside (and my apologies to that one dev(s) if this is really what happened), the time to salvage benefit of doubt is long past and the perceptions caused by this fiasco are set in stone for most people already so I'm not sure anyone cares anymore what the reasons were, just fix the darn thing so we can get on with it.

Last edited:
The way SCPs are being made out to be is like someone tried to create a (gasp) engaging puzzle to be solved by players, that required time and effort to plan and think through.

Or maybe it was a simple bad conversion from imperial to the metric system (or the other way around) when calculating the drop chances 😂

Watch the spawn conditions be something like CMDRs must sell enough "patient history, criminal records, .ect (data types that could be used to "smear" someone), and then like the old UA bombing of a station, the game would trigger a background flag for the game to start spawning Smear Campaigns Plans in controlling factions data ports.

Well then, thank you for the clarification we all needed. I suppose that all the unhappy commentary the past 2 weeks may not have occurred if this had come earlier though, just sayin'.

Nonetheless, better late than never! ;)
This is his\her second post in this thread.

Top Bottom