Carnivores having problems eating dead bodies?

Never had this issue before, but recently I've noticed that some carnivores just can't seem to eat dead bodies. I've tested Spino, Charchara, Sucho, Allo, and Deinon, and the last two can't eat the bodies. With Deinon, it was Sauropelta bodies. Not sure if the type of body makes a difference.

Is this a known issue? When I click them, their activity flips from Roaming to Looking for food over and over. They can still move, they just stand over the bodies, unable to eat, until it decays.

I'll try some more tests.

A574FB3714A99F55399C87A95256E2DDDEF15C73

I've had this issue with Indoraptors too - they'll be looking for food and go stand over the corpse of something that they killed (one of the stegosaurids in the most recent case), but they never eat and randomly do the aggressive little bite thing that carnivores do at each other. I even had one run up to a corpse and go into a combat stance once.

As I understand it, carnivores don't always kill because they need to, sometimes it's just because they can. I had a herd of triceratops and stegos in the same area as a cerato, for a while they ignored eachother.

Then I started getting reports of Dino's dying, turns out the carnivore had grown tired of company.

I'm having the same problem on PS4. First noticed it with small carnivores not eating goats on Nublar. Then I reset the island to start a Site-B style sandbox save. The carnivores will kill the herbivores, but then just stand over them for several minutes chomping at the air, the eating animation never triggers and they either starve to death or lose the next fight they get in because they're so weak.

Please use our Issue Tracker So that this can be looked into as soon as possible.

It looks like Frontier already decided this issue is "invalid" which is kinda frustrating, it may be a rare glitch but I hope it doesn't get overlooked. It totally ruins the game for me.

I figured it out, and added my contribution to a report someone already made on the same bug.

Basically the carnivore refuses to eat if it's enclosed with a 'threat'. Which is strange because I remember enclosing deinons and carnos together when the game came out, but then again I fed them with feeders, not other dinosaurs. But yeah, the deinons wouldn't eat a killed sauropelta when enclosed with an acro. The allos would not eat because of either the sauropods, or because of each other, I had to enclose one allo alone to have it finally eat. The same thing happened when I tried to enclose velos with several species of herbivores, the enclosure consisted of: Archaeornithomimus, Velociraptor, Parasaurolophus, Gallimimus, Olorotitan, Sinoceratops, Crichtonsaurus, Tsintaosaurus. I'm not sure which species caused the velos to not be able to eat. This only happens with bodies though, carnivores can eat from feeders regardless of what they are enclosed with.

Attachments

• 20190705013746_1.jpg
    20190705013746_1.jpg
    361.5 KB · Views: 943
I had this problem with Deinonychus refusing to eat goats. There was no other dinosaurs in the enclosure living or dead.

I figured it out, and added my contribution to a report someone already made on the same bug.

Basically the carnivore refuses to eat if it's enclosed with a 'threat'. Which is strange because I remember enclosing deinons and carnos together when the game came out, but then again I fed them with feeders, not other dinosaurs. But yeah, the deinons wouldn't eat a killed sauropelta when enclosed with an acro. The allos would not eat because of either the sauropods, or because of each other, I had to enclose one allo alone to have it finally eat. The same thing happened when I tried to enclose velos with several species of herbivores, the enclosure consisted of: Archaeornithomimus, Velociraptor, Parasaurolophus, Gallimimus, Olorotitan, Sinoceratops, Crichtonsaurus, Tsintaosaurus. I'm not sure which species caused the velos to not be able to eat. This only happens with bodies though, carnivores can eat from feeders regardless of what they are enclosed with.

Not sure if this is the case. I just placed 5 raptors in the same vicinity as 5 gallimimus and 5 maiasaura. The raptors immediately attacked 5 gallimimus, out of those 5 one of the raptors actually ate. The other 4 are stuck "looking for food" next to their kill. No threat in the area.

Yeah,I came back to say that I restarted my nublar, threw three velos in a pen, only goats with em, and they can't eat from a goat killed by another raptor, but if they kill it, they can eat it.

Attachments

• 20190706194632_1.jpg
    20190706194632_1.jpg
    513.2 KB · Views: 1,459
So in a session yesterday all of my carnivores eventually did eat. EVENTUALLY. Not without several instances of freezing up over dead dinosaurs and nearly starving to death. At one point my raptors weren't even hunting at all. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to this glitch.

Top Bottom