Celebration of Early Astronomy 2 -- Expedition

Hi Kezika,

Yes I'd really appreciate your going to the trouble of jumping down to collect me. I'm currently in OUTOTCH FX-S D4-0 and happy to wait here for as long as it takes.

Re: the problem with making the jump, it doesn't seem to be a range issue. You can see from the screen capture below that the route is accepted, I have 120.89 LY jump range with boost level 3, and the target system is only 77. 29 LY away:

View attachment 177833

Despite that, when I actually attempt the jump, I get the failure message "frame shift cancelled: jump exceeds drive fuel use limit of 5.00 tons":

View attachment 177835

As far as I can tell from google, this means that the ship's is so heavy that it requires more fuel for the jump than the engine can handle. Cure is apparently to drop some weight but burning down my fuel wasn't enough and I don't have anything else I can get rid of out here. Lucky there are friendly people around who happen to own FCs :) .
It looks like to me, even though you selected the L3 boost from the Galaxy Map, you haven’t went to your right panel to select a premium FSD Injection

It looks like to me, even though you selected the L3 boost from the Galaxy Map, you haven’t went to your right panel to select a premium FSD Injection

Thanks Goldie, 100% correct - that was the problem and I've now made the jump successfully. I think I'm too late to make the jump with everyone else though, so will wait for CMDR Kezika.

Thanks Goldie, 100% correct - that was the problem and I've now made the jump successfully. I think I'm too late to make the jump with everyone else though, so will wait for CMDR Kezika.
When you’ve reached Outotch SA-U d4-0 if you can’t reach M67 with the neutron, ask in General in the Discord chat for a ride. Lyla has been doing the taxi service between Outotch SA-U d4-0 and M67 with the carrier "Endurance".

Hi Kezika, Goldie, made it to the star cluster containing M67 using via a neutron charged jump at the absolute limit of my range, very happy.

Hi Kezika,

Yes I'd really appreciate your going to the trouble of jumping down to collect me. I'm currently in OUTOTCH FX-S D4-0 and happy to wait here for as long as it takes.

Re: the problem with making the jump, it doesn't seem to be a range issue. You can see from the screen capture below that the route is accepted, I have 120.89 LY jump range with boost level 3, and the target system is only 77. 29 LY away:

View attachment 177833

Despite that, when I actually attempt the jump, I get the failure message "frame shift cancelled: jump exceeds drive fuel use limit of 5.00 tons":

View attachment 177835

As far as I can tell from google, this means that the ship's is so heavy that it requires more fuel for the jump than the engine can handle. Cure is apparently to drop some weight but burning down my fuel wasn't enough and I don't have anything else I can get rid of out here. Lucky there are friendly people around who happen to own FCs :) .

That's really weird, the weight of the ship is what controls the actual jump range, so not sure what's going on there for you, never seen that before.

Only thing I can think, is I see you're setting as boost level 3 on your galaxy map, but are you actually making the level 3 boost by going into your right-hand panel -> Inventory -> Synthesis -> FSD Injection -> Premium ?

EDIT: Oh, looks like I was reading a page back and missed the replies by Goldie that already sorted that out for you.

That's really weird, the weight of the ship is what controls the actual jump range, so not sure what's going on there for you, never seen that before.

Only thing I can think, is I see you're setting as boost level 3 on your galaxy map, but are you actually making the level 3 boost by going into your right-hand panel -> Inventory -> Synthesis -> FSD Injection -> Premium ?

EDIT: Oh, looks like I was reading a page back and missed the replies by Goldie that already sorted that out for you.
Hi Kezika,

Yes you both found the solution for me independently as I was off on the wrong track with my Googled answer. After a bit of a struggle with the final jump (initially just outside the required Neutron star-boosted range) I'm now up in the cluster.

Thanks

I am extending leg 6 by one week due to the higher quantity of systems to visit and many of them also being part of regional waypoints or having other stuff like NSPs or other stuff to spend more time on in system

Top Bottom