CG predictions...

The Marlin Standard: “Many of our people welcome closer ties with the Empire, especially if it involves contacting friends and families left behind. But the NMLA using our parliament as its platform has caused widespread unrest. With Aaron Whyte being openly challenged by other ministers, a Marlinist civil war no longer seems unthinkable.”

To quote myself from said discussion thead:

In their currently weakend state I doubt those fledgling colonies would survive that without outside help... guess we found our next CG here.

1625496050897.png

It looks like they will add it to the image, if it's a slow week, so use the CG as filler in the image...

Only 4.4b left for the seperatists to complete the 3-tier lead for a complete victory while the Federation's not even half way there for Tier 1 😲
It's 400M off Tier 3 right now.
I think it might go to Tier 4, which would be good just in case the Feds have a late rally.

PS - I had a look at participation rates vs previous CGs. They're much lower than historical, on both sides of the fight. Why is this?

Tier​
Bonds​
Pilots​
Azaladshu Free​
3​
47,525,210,980 (39%)​
2,981​
Federation​
0​
6,804,482,948 (5%)​
728​

Well, guess that's it... President Hudson will now be directly responsible that 10 systems will leave the Federation... and with that 3-tier-lead (Azaladshu Free will at this rate easily hit Tier 4 at least while the Fednecks can consider themselves lucky if they still manage to hit Tier 1) the Federation looks even weaker then when Achenar kicked them out of their system...

I cannot wait to see the GALNET article once this is all over 😁

PS - I had a look at participation rates vs previous CGs. They're much lower than historical, on both sides of the fight. Why is this?
I would guess some combination of:
- everyone is too busy playing the new Odyssey content for yet another CG
- everyone has quit in disgust at Odyssey and so isn't taking part in the CG
Adjust proportions of each according to opinion. The numbers have been down ever since the Odyssey release (but fairly stable, allowing for differential popularity of different CG types, since it) so I suspect more of the former than the latter.
(There's also a little bit of "it's only Tuesday" - while the weekends are the busiest, every weekday normally also adds more participants - but that'll only put on another 1000 or so, I think)

Well, guess that's it... President Hudson will now be directly responsible that 10 systems will leave the Federation...
It is impressive just how badly they're doing. I suspected that the "default" Federal support for inter-superpower conflicts wouldn't hold up strongly in a Fed vs Ind fight, but I didn't expect it to collapse quite this much.

It is impressive just how badly they're doing. I suspected that the "default" Federal support for inter-superpower conflicts wouldn't hold up strongly in a Fed vs Ind fight, but I didn't expect it to collapse quite this much.
I'm guessing most Feds see themselves as the guardians of freedom and democracy - so they'll be utterly confused by this development and therefore paralysed by indecision.

I would guess some combination of:
- everyone is too busy playing the new Odyssey content for yet another CG

.. except that you can play Odyssey combat zones and submit the bonds towards the CG. It's how I smashed 100M towards the Goal, and am in the top 10% of contributors.
Maybe people haven't figured that out yet?

To be careful about it, I re-board my ship and hand the Bonds in via that menu, but that way it definitely tallies progress.... I ran at least another 50M of On Foot CZs before I figured out how to sign up properly (via Horizons).

Last edited:
.. except that you can play Odyssey combat zones and submit the bonds towards the CG. It's how I smashed 100M towards the Goal, and am in the top 10% of contributors.
Maybe people haven't figured that out yet?
Oh, certainly - but if you're busy running on-foot missions to get upgrade materials / scanning plants / stuck in an Apex taxi you might not be near the CG system at all.

Yup. Running CZs for a CG just gets you credits. Broke economy means that's not really an issue for anyone these days.

If this CG rewarded materials though...
Absof***ingtuley agree re the economy.
I'm not yet space rich, but the money is easy. It's the grind for mats that's time consuming.

I have not bothered grinding to upgrade any guns or suits.. Well, I did to Grade 2, then I read about the stores having rare stuff on offer which refreshes every Thursday server tick. Thus far I've bought a load of Grade 3 guns and suits, some with useful mods. It is 20 x to 100 x faster to grind the cash to buy the gun than it is to do the missions to get the mats to upgrade it. Especially in a High threat ground CZ.

Haven't yet seen a Grade 4 or Grade 5 gun or suit on sale, so it might become important for that.

To be careful about it, I re-board my ship and hand the Bonds in via that menu, but that way it definitely tallies progress.... I ran at least another 50M of On Foot CZs before I figured out how to sign up properly (via Horizons).
Hmm, is any of that true? I signed up via Odyssey (in the ship menu) and handed in the bonds at FS and it seems to all be counted. Though I haven't done many CZ, just a few to test the latest mods I applied. I'll keep a closer eye if I do more later :)

Hmm, is any of that true? I signed up via Odyssey (in the ship menu) and handed in the bonds at FS and it seems to all be counted. Though I haven't done many CZ, just a few to test the latest mods I applied. I'll keep a closer eye if I do more later :)
Certainly had to go to Horizons to sign up; couldn't via Odyssey. After that I was just being cautious by going back to my ship to hand in; didn't feel like doing any comprehensive testing.

Back
Top Bottom