Cheating in Elite Dangerous

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.

ryan_m

Banned
They want a gold medal, and a ticker-tape parade for exposing something that FD was likely already aware of. Some how people get the idea that FD, or any developer, has to meet their standards. We've seen it before. If FD don;t snap to and react like they want, they resort to bully tactics and lashing out. If FD just sent them a gold star for sending, yet another, video, this sort of tantrum wouldn't go on.

Nah, we want people using these scripts to be banned from the game. Nothing more, nothing less. We tried to do it quietly for 6 months with FDev but they did nothing about it. Unfortunately, this is a pattern of behavior for FDev which is why you see the skepticism of the response. Generally, when you get caught with your pants down like this, that necessitates a different response than the same canned one sent to everyone that submits a ticket.

Might be time for you to take a break from this post since you seem to let personal grievances drive your responses rather than what is actually happening.

How do you feel when you get a canned response from support?

Why would you expect anything more? FD are following their policy, just like they have through all of the other crisis. Acknowledgement, and an explanation that you won;t get a public hanging. Looking for special treatment is the trouble with this line of the discussion.

Good on the players that brought this to the community's attention. But, I'm not convinced FD were in the dark. Whipping up a fervor over and over again about how FD goes about theor business has become a cottage industry. It's perfect for getting 'clicks' and 'likes'. It's sure to be left open ended, and the outrage can be dipped into at any time. Just follow the Combat Logging debates. As soon as this outrage episode subsides, we're sure to get more of those.

Nah, we want people using these scripts to be banned from the game. Nothing more, nothing less. We tried to do it quietly for 6 months with FDev but they did nothing about it. Unfortunately, this is a pattern of behavior for FDev which is why you see the skepticism of the response. Generally, when you get caught with your pants down like this, that necessitates a different response than the same canned one sent to everyone that submits a ticket.

Might be time for you to take a break from this post since you seem to let personal grievances drive your responses rather than what is actually happening.

Right, they didn't satisfy your sense of justice, so you must punish them. I got ya.

No surprises here.

Why would you expect anything more? FD are following their policy, just like they have through all of the other crisis. Acknowledgement, and an explanation that you won;t get a public hanging. Looking for special treatment is the trouble with this line of the discussion.

Good on the players that brought this to the community's attention. But, I'm not convinced FD were in the dark. Whipping up a fervor over and over again about how FD goes about theor business has become a cottage industry. It's perfect for getting 'clicks' and 'likes'. It's sure to be left open ended, and the outrage can be dipped into at any time. Just follow the Combat Logging debates. As soon as this outrage episode subsides, we're sure to get more of those.
Don't change the subject please. I asked you how do you feel after contacting support regarding your problem, getting a canned response and don't see any action taken after 6 months?

Do you think it's reasonable for nothing to be done to a publicly available hack after being reported 6 months ago? If the answer to that is "yes" then I'm not really sure why you're here.

Yes. The operative word here is 'publicly'. That is completely unnecessary. Just consider that many of the cheaters may be children. Children have to be handles differently. FD have, over and over again stated that they won;t comment on discilplinary actions. Get over it.

I am here to offer an opinion just like you are.

Do you think it's reasonable for nothing to be done to a publicly available hack after being reported 6 months ago? If the answer to that is "yes" then I'm not really sure why you're here.
You yourself posted images of people who use the hacks talking about what Frontier are doing about it.

I'm 100% on board with permabans and hope Frontier can find better technical ways to counter it, but to say nothing is being done is just dishonest.

Don't change the subject please. I asked you how do you feel after contacting support regarding your problem, getting a canned response and don't see any action taken after 6 months?

It is exactly what I would expect. I get those kinds of responses throughout the gaming world when I have made a complaint, or pointed out a probelm. I can report and move on, and I am surprised at just how many peeps can't.

Sure. I mean someone might want to blow up my space pixels. Who wouldn't be worried?
I hate to be the one to break it to you, but cheating isn't the proper solution.

Maybe a public banning would do the community some good.

Yes. The operative word here is 'publicly'. That is completely unnecessary. Just consider that many of the cheaters may be children. Children have to be handles differently. FD have, over and over again stated that they won;t comment on discilplinary actions. Get over it.

I am here to offer an opinion just like you are.

a646c45633cfab95a2aaf727480883aba7de652148fb3601db61853a62d3b3da.jpg

It is exactly what I would expect. I get those kinds of responses throughout the gaming world when I have made a complaint, or pointed out a probelm. I can report and move on, and I am surprised at just how many peeps can't.

Because for some this is a bigger problem than for others and for them "move on" would probably mean to a different game.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom